Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex Muslims

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: British council of ex muslims

    Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
    Prepare your list of ''justifications'' or should I say ''excuses'' to recite to Allah on the day of judgement and we shall see how far that gets you Insha'Allah :o
    It got me far enough to realize that your statement is of no value to a person who doesn't believe.

    Comment


    • Re: British council of ex muslims

      Originally posted by reason12 View Post
      It got me far enough to realize that your statement is of no value to a person who doesn't believe.
      lol. Its okay, it will be of value one day and Insha'Allah I'll be there to witness your many excuses :up:
      Gone with the wind.

      Comment


      • Re: British council of ex muslims

        Originally posted by reason12 View Post
        Just what I expected. You misunderstood my point.

        Since our reasoning is limited by nature, it is nonsensical to punish someone for believing or disbelieving in any proposition, the same way it is nonsensical to punish someone for believing, for example, that the universe is just a simulation. The mistake in a non-Muslim's case would be to not believe that Islam is true.
        You keep contradicting yourself.

        "Since our reasoning is limited by nature" - agreed

        "It is nonsensical to..." - This is your "limit reasoning" kicking in. But you would rather put faith in your own "limited reasoning" than the word of God, which is why you are an unreasonable individual.

        Comment


        • Re: British council of ex muslims

          Originally posted by kh4N View Post
          You keep contradiction yourself.

          "Since our reasoning is limited by nature" - AGREED

          "It is nonsensical to..." - This is your "limit reasoning" kicking in. But you would rather put faith in your own "limited reasoning" than the word of God, which is why you are an unreasonable individual.
          lol. "oh God"

          Comment


          • Re: British council of ex muslims

            Originally posted by reason12 View Post
            lol. "oh God"
            You see, your "limited reasoning" cannot understand the Justice of God. But it is unreasonable to label someone as unjust if you do not possess an objective source of Justice to use as a reference. You're merely going to rely on your "moral compass" which is subjective and limited. If you have an objective source for justice, bring it forth and then we can discuss. Otherwise you're wasting our time.

            Comment


            • Re: British council of ex muslims

              Reason12, why does it say Islam on your religion section
              Gone with the wind.

              Comment


              • Re: British council of ex muslims

                Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
                Reason12, why does it say Islam on your religion section
                Apparently he "used" to be a Muslim. But by reading a few of his posts, such as the inability to comprehend eternal damnation for the disbelievers, one can clearly establish that he has clearly not understood the attributes of Allah (SWT) such as the All-Knowing, The All-Wise, The Most Merciful, The Most Just.

                Any sane, rational, reasonable human-being, by reconciling those and other attributes of Allah (SWT), can easily understand the concept of eternal torture in Hell-Fire. But a person who has closed his/her mind and allowed his/her emotions to dictate what is right and what is wrong will only delude his/herself into concluding what is moral or immoral, what is just or unjust.

                Comment


                • Re: British council of ex muslims

                  Originally posted by kh4N View Post
                  Apparently he "used" to be a Muslim. But by reading a few of his posts, such as the inability to comprehend eternal damnation for the disbelievers, one can clearly establish that he has clearly not understood the attributes of Allah (SWT) such as the All-Knowing, The All-Wise, The Most Merciful, The Most Just.

                  Any sane, rational, reasonable human-being, by reconciling those and other attributes of Allah (SWT), can easily understand the concept of eternal torture in Hell-Fire. But a person who has closed his/her mind and allowed his/her emotions to dictate what is right and what is wrong will only delude his/herself into concluding what is moral or immoral, what is just or unjust.
                  lol well he is no longer a Muslim, yes? So why the need to hold on to ''Islam,'' move on already.
                  I seriously do not get people's obsession with either lying and pretending to be ''Muslims'' or going around identifying themselves as ex-Muslims What are they aiming to achieve with that, attention? As for whether he was really a Muslim or not, I really couldn't care less, his loss. Islam does not need anyone, we need Islam. Alhamdulilah for guidance. May Allah grant us death when our iman is at its strongest level. Amin.
                  Last edited by Rebel101; 09-10-13, 02:57 PM.
                  Gone with the wind.

                  Comment


                  • Re: British council of ex muslims

                    Originally posted by kh4N View Post
                    You see, your "limited reasoning" cannot understand the Justice of God. But it is unreasonable to label someone as unjust if you do not possess an objective source of Justice to use as a reference. You're merely going to rely on your "moral compass" which is subjective and limited. If you have an objective source for justice, bring it forth and then we can discuss. Otherwise you're wasting our time.
                    To the contrary, it actually is reasonable. You and AbuMubarak both seem to think that just because there is no objective source for justice and morality, one cannot make judgments about any of these topics. In fact, this is perfectly acceptable with moral nihilism, and completely contrary to moral realism.

                    "Any sane, rational, reasonable human-being, by reconciling those and other attributes of Allah (SWT), can easily understand the concept of eternal torture in Hell-Fire. But a person who has closed his/her mind and allowed his/her emotions to dictate what is right and what is wrong will only delude his/herself into concluding what is moral or immoral, what is just or unjust."

                    I love how you make statements like these without realizing that you are committing the same errors described in your post (such as making assumptions about allowing my emotions to dictate what is right/wrong).

                    @Rebel101 : My intention was not to pretend to be Muslim. I stated, on my first post, that I am not Muslim. I honestly don't know why it says Islam on my religion section. I think it was in the spur of the moment.

                    Comment


                    • Re: British council of ex muslims

                      Originally posted by reason12 View Post
                      To the contrary, it actually is reasonable. You and AbuMubarak both seem to think that just because there is no objective source for justice and morality, one cannot make judgments about any of these topics. In fact, this is perfectly acceptable with moral nihilism, and completely contrary to moral realism.
                      Just because it is acceptable in a society doesn't make it reasonable or rational. That's like saying "because some German states allow bestiality, it shows bestiality can be morally right".

                      I love how you make statements like these without realizing that you are committing the same errors described in your post (such as making assumptions about allowing my emotions to dictate what is right/wrong).
                      Where did I depict any hint of emotion in my post? Or are you incapable of providing an appropriate response so you resort to conjuring pointless remarks?

                      You don't look at one attribute and say "Oh, this doesn't make sense because of this", you take all the attributes into consideration and then form a conclusion. I thought you would at least have the integrity to maintain some intellectual honesty and take things within their context rather than resort to taking a few specific attributes out of context (in this case Most-Just and Most-Merciful) and trying to prove a point (in this case, your lack of understanding about eternity in Hell).
                      Last edited by kh4N; 09-10-13, 03:58 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: British council of ex muslims

                        reason head over to the comparative religion section, I bumped the thread which relates to this discussion.

                        http://www.ummah.com/forum/forumdisp...ative-Religion

                        Comment


                        • Re: British council of ex muslims

                          Originally posted by jimmyjimmy View Post
                          I think a ban for me is imminent so I'll take my leave of this place. Thanks to all those who have exchanged sincere views with me while I have been around here a short time. I have a better understanding of some Muslims because of that.
                          thats what they all say.

                          in the end they all end up coming back. the lure is too much!!!

                          Comment


                          • Re: British council of ex muslims

                            Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                            Whine on tv, vote to kick muslims out of the country and beg universities to pay them to speak.
                            MashAllah, you must receive a reward for making the most amount of generalizations one can make in a post.

                            Comment


                            • Re: A Message to All ex-Muslims from A LayMan (don't skip it lazy, click it and read!

                              bump
                              :start:
                              :salams
                              To all the Muslims. I am your brother and I love you all for the sake of Allah. May Allah unite the Muslimeen; Ameen.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X