Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• activities and eating during ramadhan

Asalamalaikum,

I would like your views on what your routine is like during ramadhan?

What do you eat during ramadhan? Before you start the day, during the night what do you eat exactly? How much water do you drink? I want to do it correctly this time rather than eating anything.

Also, what do you eat when you break your fast?

Are there any tips you could give me on the things I should do during the day, specifically as I work from morning till evening? What activities should I be focusing on? I know reciting the quran would be one. I d like to know more on this bit...

And to keep in mind I m a revert muslim and my family dont know yet. So anything useful would help ...

:)
    :inlove:

Re: activities and eating during ramadhan

Dates, dates and dates. Eat some at the suhoor (meal before fajr prayer) and eat them at the maghrib with water or milk.

Comment

:wswrwb:

Congratulations on your reversion! I'm a revert, too. :D

This will be my third Ramadan, inshallah. You might think that it's best to eat as much as you can in the morning, but I actually don't reccomend that. For breakfast, I like to have some cereal, coffee and fruit (I like bananas, dates and apples the most). The first few days will be very tough, but once you get over that hump, you'll be fine. I read and listen to as much of the Qur'an as I can, especially the Tarawih prayer, which is a long tradition in which the whole Qur'an is recited (bit by bit).

Going to Tarawih a few nights in a row gives me calluses on my feet and the mosques get really packed, but you know what? it's all worth it. Ramadan is a gift that Allah has given us. It's an opportunity to become closer to Him and to be more grateful for what we have. Trust me, when you've gone without food and water for 15 or 16 hours, food tastes a lot better than you remember. Also, I make lots and lots of duas, so be sure to do that! :o
      "Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie." (surah 6:116)

Comment

Typical day in Ramadan:

Suhoor, fajr, sleep,....... normal day.........., maghrib, break fast,.....chill....., taraweeh, sleep

And the cycle continues.

It's upto you how much you decide to eat, I've become so used to fasting, a cup of coffee will suffice me throughout the day, probably won't recommend that for you. Drink plenty of water though don't want to become dehydrated and like lead27 said dates are good for energy also :).

May Allah(swt) make it easy for you sis :)
        Last edited by rainbow*~; 24-06-13, 03:14 PM.
        :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Ramadan should be used as an opportunity to reflect on yourself, strengthen your link with Allah. One thing I suggest is to try to improve a bad habit you may have every day, it could be the smallest thing, but as time goes, you'll be amazed how far you've gone. The latter can actually be done even outside Ramadan. For instance, if you find yourself using 'small' swear word when something upsets you, you could promise yourself that you will stop. When you're on the public transport/driving your car, you could internally recite dhikr, such as Subhanallah, Alhamdulilah, La ilaaha ilalah, Allahu akbar. You could call up some relative you haven't been talking to in a while, and just get some news from them...etc. All of these suggestions are reminders for myself first, and Insha'Allah you'll benefit from it

Comment

Pre-dawn meal:

normally a large bowl of crunchy nut cereal or fruit n fibre cereal. and as much water as possible, at a minimum I probably have two large glasses of water if not more.

Iftar/Breaking fast meal: start with dates, water/drink. There's usually something fried like spring rolls or samosas or pakoras on the table-spread. I try and have only a bit of these. They increase thirst and aren't healthy and make praying hard as one feels heavy after wards.

read maghrib

Meal: normally one or two chappatis plus whatever the curry is. and finish with some fruit, I absolutely love watermelon (red one) and/or mango.

Isha/Taraweeh.

Home: by the time I'm back from masjid, there's only a very short time left, normally about an hour before the roza start again so tend to have a large jug of water by me and some fruit. nibble on this until pre-dawn meal, at which time the routine starts again.
            Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

for sehri i usually eat cereal and maybe a banana

i usually break my fast with dates and water. go pray maghrib and then eat whatevers there after :p

we should stay away from too many sugary and fatty foods during Ramadan

i try and drink as much water as i can, esp before the time for fajr starts

Comment

double post

Comment

Water Mellon is the best hydrating fruit one can eat in Ramadan....To keep you hydrated, try water mellon ..
                  [B][COLOR="#0000FF"]For the truth of Islam and answers to the false allegations on Islam . . . . . Go to

[B][url]www.letmeturnthetables.com[/url][/COLOR][/B]

[url]www.call-to-monotheism.com[/url][/B]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X