interaction problems with colleague who changed sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interaction problems with colleague who changed sex

Recently a colleague underwent a sex change - was a man until 3 months ago. The problem is that he is in another team and we have interactions may be twice or thrice a year. So, we are not friends either which is the problem because I guess you may get away asking silly questions or making silly remarks if you were friends. Somehow it seems very strange to interact and I don't want to show him that I am disgusted or anything by not speaking with her at all. How would you react?
    Last edited by asdf; 21-06-13, 08:09 AM.

Re: interaction problems with colleague who changed sex

LOOL. one guy did that here before he left. well you have to act normal around him, however difficult that may be.
    Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

same happened to me. I made a thread. I used to work with this male/female at uni because as far as I could see she was a girl, just a tomboy. then I found out from facebook that she's undergoing a sex change and she's a lesbo :vomit:

I just tried to behave normal and keep away from her as much as possible

Comment

Shalom ~

Just be honest about it and tell her that you're not yet comfortable with the change; she will understand, hopefully, and that will be that. In time, perhaps you'll come to terms with it yourself and you'll get back to having a 'normal' relationship with her- but now it will be based on different terms for you as he is a she now and you won't be able to be as interactive as you once were, or in the same ways. Either way, she's the same person she always was, she's just in a different-looking package now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Blue Thread View Post
          Shalom ~

Just be honest about it and tell her that you're not yet comfortable with the change;.
          I'd find that odd coming from a work colleague, maybe if it was a family member or friend yea fine

but in the work place u have to be professional, so just treat it as that.
          My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
          ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
          “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

^ Yeah, just be professional and civil. You don't have to act like best buddies or anything.

Keep your head down and keep limit talk strictly to worky things.

Comment

:vomit: ewww Just do what my dad does (he works in a story) put on a fake smile be nice and if he touches you break out the alcohol and pour it on you,
              Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

what kind of people are you guys interacting with???
                How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
                  what kind of people are you guys interacting with???
                  The UnIslamic ones lol
                  Last edited by Allah's_Servant; 23-06-13, 07:13 AM.
                  Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
                    I'd find that odd coming from a work colleague, maybe if it was a family member or friend yea fine

but in the work place u have to be professional, so just treat it as that.
                    ---
                    Last edited by asdf; 23-06-13, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by asdf View Post
                      SOrry if I misunderstood you. But did you undergo sex change?

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

@OP just ignore until you need to speak to HIM then act professionaly and keep to that.

and to the ones calling HIM a HER, its not. its still a HIM. if a metorite landed on HIM and all tht was found was a little toe nail test would come back saying it was a male toe nail, not a female one.

its just people being politically correct and not calling a spade a spade.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Fairy is a sister. Why would you even ask such a question. :/

You make it sound as if it's some fashion trend that everybody is doing. Well maybe it is amongst some of the kuffar...
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

I don't even get why this would be an issue, if you just stick to work related things. Not like you were best mates or anything. But it's as Silures said, it's still a guy.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                              __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                              If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Working...
                              X