Wrong costume experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong costume experience

Have you ever experienced wearing wrong costume? For example you go to walima and you think your dress is perfect. Turn out people comment on you like "oh it is too tight, oh it is too sheer, are you sure it is the right color? etc.". Then you feel awkward the whole time and want to go home very soon. It's like being bullied, right?
    So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny? (55:16)

Re: Wrong costume experience

awww :( you shouldn't care about other people taste,, you wear what you wear and rock it,, wallah thats what makes a dress the bomb cuz you have the confidence in it that you feel good about yourself and who cares what people thinking (when its halal circumstances)

Comment

Lol this reminds me of a story my aunty told me. Her husband's work colleague was getting married so her and her husband were invited to the wedding. My aunty did what she usually does to dress up for a wedding; she put on a colourful sari, put up her hair in a fancy style, put on her make up and high heels, then went to the wedding. She was escourted to where all the women were sitting with the bride and they were ALL wearing black headscarves and jilbabs ROFL. She got so embarrassed she couldn't wait to leave lol.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
        Lol this reminds me of a story my aunty told me. Her husband's work colleague was getting married so her and her husband were invited to the wedding. My aunty did what she usually does to dress up for a wedding; she put on a colourful sari, put up her hair in a fancy style, put on her make up and high heels, then went to the wedding. She was escourted to where all the women were sitting with the bride and they were ALL wearing black headscarves and jilbabs ROFL. She got so embarrassed she couldn't wait to leave lol.
        LOL! Was that a gothic wedding or what?

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
          awww :( you shouldn't care about other people taste,, you wear what you wear and rock it,, wallah thats what makes a dress the bomb cuz you have the confidence in it that you feel good about yourself and who cares what people thinking (when its halal circumstances)
          Jazakillah khair sister. Yeah, I think sometimes I just lose my confidence over my appearance :D Not good though, I should boost up more confidence!

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
            i would've felt like so out of place lol

Comment

Originally posted by veetha View Post
              Have you ever experienced wearing wrong costume? For example you go to walima and you think your dress is perfect. Turn out people comment on you like "oh it is too tight, oh it is too sheer, are you sure it is the right color? etc.". Then you feel awkward the whole time and want to go home very soon. It's like being bullied, right?
              Yes!!! Especially when I was younger - so many bad costumes *holds head down in shame*. A few years ago I found a really nice dress online and my uncle said ohh give that design to me i'll get "insert name here" to make an exact replica, he's real good. So I thought wow, why not! For those who really know me, also know I love simplicity - hate over done things, the dress came back LITERALLY looking like a christmas tree!!!!! Argh, I was so annoyed because I had to wear that for my cousin's wedding, I had NOTHING else to wear and my mum forced to to wear it :( I will never live that down.. I felt so out of place way too shiny and sparkly, and just not the right colours, miles apart from the original design I had sent.
              My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
              As You have sanctified Your house,
              Make my heart as protected and as honoured
              In which permission of entry
              Is only granted to a few,
              Please Allah, allow my heart
              To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
              when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
              In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

It wasn't a gothic wedding, it was a qadiyani wedding in lahore,
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise786 View Post
                  Yes!!! Especially when I was younger - so many bad costumes *holds head down in shame*. A few years ago I found a really nice dress online and my uncle said ohh give that design to me i'll get "insert name here" to make an exact replica, he's real good. So I thought wow, why not! For those who really know me, also know I love simplicity - hate over done things, the dress came back LITERALLY looking like a christmas tree!!!!! Argh, I was so annoyed because I had to wear that for my cousin's wedding, I had NOTHING else to wear and my mum forced to to wear it :( I will never live that down.. I felt so out of place way too shiny and sparkly, and just not the right colours, miles apart from the original design I had sent.
                  LOL!! I wonder what kind of dress made someone look like a christmas tree :D

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X