X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strive
    replied
    Re: Making the self

stay positive, if you put your mind to it you can do it.

Leave a comment:

• rainbow*~
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    Then focus on papa but still keep mamma in the loop

Don't focus on sad times please (unless it's one of those days).
    My daddy is a silent partner, mum always has the final say.

Lol Tis not all bad, plenty of good times too alhumdulilah :) (I hope that's better for you F_R ;))

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
    My dad is a dude and a half but my mum...lets just say if I ever wanted to feel good about myself she's the last person id turn to...also at the moment with everything I do she thinks I'm just hot air.

Sad times :/.
    Then focus on papa but still keep mamma in the loop

Don't focus on sad times please (unless it's one of those days).

Leave a comment:

• ibzy
    replied

I've actually given up with the strict gender segregation because it's just not feasible in this country. Besides that I think I'm quite capable of interacting
    respectfully with guys.
    good luck with that.

Leave a comment:

• rainbow*~
    replied

Originally posted by Know_Thyself View Post
    I also mentioned that you may have to interact with non-mahram men at a closer proximity due to being your own boss.
    I've actually given up with the strict gender segregation because it's just not feasible in this country. Besides that I think I'm quite capable of interacting respectfully with guys.

Leave a comment:

• rainbow*~
    replied

Tell them you'd like their support, fill them in with the project and if they disagree etc then still go with it but constantly keep them in the loop. This is one of those things that will directly affect you and it's your life but obv respect to parents etc and keep them in the loop so they're aware and feel that they're still involved.
    My dad is a dude and a half but my mum...lets just say if I ever wanted to feel good about myself she's the last person id turn to...also at the moment with everything I do she thinks I'm just hot air.

Sad times :/.

Leave a comment:

• Know_Thyself
    replied

I'm prepared to do all that if it means I realise my potential and reach self-actualisation. I'm not scared of hardwork. Also, I'm not planning on getting married/having children anytime soon.
    I also mentioned that you may have to interact with non-mahram men at a closer proximity due to being your own boss. Insha'Allah you won't have to.

Realise your potential, in what? Business? I suppose that would be nice to know. But this shouldn't be why we do it, we should do it so that if we do run companies that go on to become major corporations we can fund Islamic projects and do a lot of good for the community etc, and allow it to act as a sadaqah after we have gone.

I would suggest reading autobiographies of those who have been there and done it. Self made business men and women, as well as CEO's of major corporations.

"Truly, your Lord expands the provision for whom He wills and straitens (for whom He wills). Verily, He is Ever All-Knower, All-Seer of His servants." [Soorah al-Isra 17:30]

May Allah help us all achieve the best, in this world and in the hereafter.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

See I am yet to figure out the balance between listening to the rentz and doing what I want to do. I usually go along with what they think best because otherwise feel guilty but really need to make a stand now.
    Tell them you'd like their support, fill them in with the project and if they disagree etc then still go with it but constantly keep them in the loop. This is one of those things that will directly affect you and it's your life but obv respect to parents etc and keep them in the loop so they're aware and feel that they're still involved.

Leave a comment:

• Lost-Sheep
    replied

SubhanAllah, let me tell you its a sad state of affair that the majority of us just rather sit back and live within our comfort zone. Alhamdulillah, if you have this mentality then it shows that maybe you have something more to give. Utilise this drive and passion and insha'allah soemthing good will come out.

the problem with us is that we FEAR! we fear that if we leave our comfy 9-5 high paid salaries that we will not be able to provide for our families. its INSANE! have faith and tawakul in Allah(swt) obv make sure you are certain that this business idea is good etc and make mashwara with learned individuals in the field you are persuin and do your research well and most importantly make plentiful dua!

Listen to this talk its very inspiring, i remember i couldnt sleep for many nights and days would be so stressful cos i was so eager and passionate to do something more, this drive and hunger would just make me wanna jump out of my seat literally DESPERATION to do someat, but you will find people that dampen this urge, this passion and drive with excuses, some most probs may even come from your family members, same old excuses, do not let other people deter you away from your goal, BE FOCUSED! Ambitious we are lacking these type of people.

The link to the talk which every brother and sister should listen to!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7w65VhgigI

Sheikh Tawfique Chowdhury - World in the Hands, Allah in the heart

WORLD IN THE HANDS, ALLAH(swt) in the HEART! That is what we neeed!!!

Leave a comment:

• rainbow*~
    replied

They may or may not be supportive only you know that but either way I'd still say go for it.
    See I am yet to figure out the balance between listening to the rentz and doing what I want to do. I usually go along with what they think best because otherwise feel guilty but really need to make a stand now.

Leave a comment:

• rainbow*~
    replied

Originally posted by Know_Thyself View Post
    Just know to become 'self' made, you have to give up a lot! And I'm not just talking about not sleeping for two days straight, and only eating the once in those two days. You miss weddings, family occasions, see family very rarely etc. As a future mother, could you do this? Can you find a husband who would be supportive in you being at the forefront of your own business, meeting non-mahram men, spending a lot of time away from the children? A mother not being there as much compared to a father is no comparison, the children would miss their father etc but they'd be lost without their mother moreso than without their father.
    I'm prepared to do all that if it means I realise my potential and reach self-actualisation. I'm not scared of hardwork. Also, I'm not planning on getting married/having children anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

:jkk: for the encouragement sis :)

I just need to figure out a way to get my parents on board now.
    They may or may not be supportive only you know that but either way I'd still say go for it.

Leave a comment:

• Know_Thyself
    replied

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
    so, things are quiet here
    Boo!

Leave a comment:

• ibzy
    replied

so, things are quiet here

Leave a comment:

• Know_Thyself
    replied

Just know to become 'self' made, you have to give up a lot! And I'm not just talking about not sleeping for two days straight, and only eating the once in those two days. You miss weddings, family occasions, see family very rarely etc. As a future mother, could you do this? Can you find a husband who would be supportive in you being at the forefront of your own business, meeting non-mahram men, spending a lot of time away from the children? A mother not being there as much compared to a father is no comparison, the children would miss their father etc but they'd be lost without their mother moreso than without their father.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X