Why are you a Muslim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you a Muslim?

To everyone, Just out of curiosity, what would you tell me if I ask you the reasons that why you are a Muslim?

Re: Why are you a Muslim?

I used to be agnostic for a while. Until I realized that the "fingerprints" of God, figurative speaking, are too obvious to be ignored. And I just realized that though atheism deified logic, human logic and physical tools itself are limited to access and comprehend infinity, it cannot answer difficult answers humanity sought like where do spirit travels after death. they're just remain stuck here, in third dimensional world, and considering the realm outside this box of physical dimension as illogical -- while the truth is they're just unobservable. the universe is vast beyond measure, then leave alone the One who creating it. If I wanna copy Muhyiddin Ibn 'Arabi thought, the whole world is a giant glass and when you look closer you only see the One standing behind the glass, the Divine Creator itself.

and that's when I searched for religions and found Islam. I actually learned Wicca, Buddhism, Islam, and Christianity. But Islam for so many reasons clicked best in me. Simple monotheism, in accordance with fitrah, and logical.

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Truth

Makes sense
      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
      O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.
      Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.

Comment

:alhumdull I was born a Muslim and the more I learn about my religion the more it's clear that it is the truth. :)
        If knowledge was a justification for taqwa then shaytan would be the most muttaqi - maulana Zahir Mahmood
        'More beloved to me than 23 years of lecturing' Sheikh Ahmed Ali
        Islamic etiquette for social media
        http://youtu.be/VVa7av9eKkY

Comment

You don't say you're convinced because you believe to be true.

Expand your reasons why.

For me, my parents were Muslim so of course, I was introduced to Islam from on early age. I just did what my family did, if they prayed, I just did it. They took me to masjid and I learned to read the Qur'an.

Now this doesn't mean I understood anything what I was doing, I mean I knew the basic beliefs, one God, Mohammed is our prophet, this is namaz, this is the Qur'an. Muslims read this book. We believe in Jesus, Noah, Adam/Eve, Angels.

Conviction in these beliefs, came later on in life, whilst I was growing up. Our purpose in life, how everything we see was created or rather Allah create the beginning for its cause to be created, and how everyone, especially those around in the general population merely just took life as a ride, competing with one another for wealth, just reinforced my belief.
          8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
          2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
          3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
          4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
          5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
          6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
          7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
          8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

It is the intellectual truth.

I mean to me this question is like asking me why do I believe fire burns. Well I believe fire burns because it's a fact. You'd be a lunatic to believe otherwise, unless of course you are ignorant in terms of knowledge which is another matter =).
            If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
            There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

I was born a Muslim Alhamdulillaah :)
              إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sprinkles View Post
                I was born a Muslim Alhamdulillaah :)
                Everyone is
                My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
                O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.

Comment

Allah chose me to be one.
                  "O friend, the cloth from which your burial shroud will be cut may have already reached the market and you remain unaware." Imam al-Ghazali R.A.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

coz I believe :D

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post
                      coz i believe :d
                      preach!
                      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

4 wives

Comment

"We will show them Our manifest signs (proofs) in the horizons of the universe and within their own selves, until it will become manifest to them that it (the Qur'ān) is indeed the truth. Is it not sufficient (as proof) that your Lord is a witness over all things (just as He is witnessed to by all things)?" [Surah 41:53]

When I saw signs around me and within my own self (the questioning of oneself and getting to know myself) I would have been a fool to not acknowledge that Allah (SWT) is my Creator and a fool to not submit myself wholeheartedly as a Muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post
                            coz I believe
                            So for you the question should be: What would you tell me if I ask you the reasons that why you believe?
                            Last edited by Maria Qibtiyya; 17-06-13, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariadne View Post
                              I used to be agnostic for a while. Until I realized that the "fingerprints" of God, figurative speaking, are too obvious to be ignored. And I just realized that though atheism deified logic, human logic and physical tools itself are limited to access and comprehend infinity, it cannot answer difficult answers humanity sought like where do spirit travels after death. they're just remain stuck here, in third dimensional world, and considering the realm outside this box of physical dimension as illogical -- while the truth is they're just unobservable. the universe is vast beyond measure, then leave alone the One who creating it. If I wanna copy Muhyiddin Ibn 'Arabi thought, the whole world is a giant glass and when you look closer you only see the One standing behind the glass, the Divine Creator itself.

and that's when I searched for religions and found Islam. I actually learned Wicca, Buddhism, Islam, and Christianity. But Islam for so many reasons clicked best in me. Simple monotheism, in accordance with fitrah, and logical.
                              Maa-shaa-Allah, You are blessed that Allah has given you hidayah.

It reminds me of this verse:

Allah has sent down the best statement: a consistent Book wherein is reiteration. The skins shiver therefrom of those who fear their Lord; then their skins and their hearts relax at the remembrance of Allah . That is the guidance of Allah by which He guides whom He wills. And one whom Allah leaves astray - for him there is no guide. (Quran 39: 23)

Comment

Working...
                              X