How to be more humble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to be more humble?

We understand that Prophet Muhammad SAW is the most humble person on earth. He never saw bad things from every person. He saw only the good things. He never was jealous. Nor he never was proud of himself. We're supposed to follow this great character of him. However, as human beings with many flaws, sometimes we fall into a feeling of selfishness. A feeling that says I am better than you. You're worse than me. We tend to judge people by their actions. Realize it or not, we discourage people who have flaws to change. Prophet Muhammad SAW never did that. He changed people with his kindness, tenderness, and humbleness. This thread is a self reminder for myself. I am far from the humble character. I seek help from Allaah to grant me this character. And I would love to seek opinion from all brothers and sister on how I can achieve this great character.

Jazakumullah khairan katsiraan.
    So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny? (55:16)

Re: How to be more humble?

Wasalaam,

One of the hardest sunnah's to practice upon is "being good towards those who are bad to you". It requires a level of humility hard to comprehend. It's something I am really struggling with and trying very hard to overcome.
    You know you're growing old when the candles cost more than the cake

Comment

:wswrwb:

i need to be better at listening to criticism (i mean real life, often times peeps on the forum can pass judgement on you but its not very accurate really)

Comment

truth leads to humbleness
        DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Comment

Wa alakumu salaam.

A Treatment for Egotism

It is reported that Imm Al-Shfi’ – Allh have mercy on him – said:

If you fear becoming deluded and impressed by your deeds then remember whose pleasure you are seeking, and the joy (Paradise) in which you want to be, and what punishment you fear. Whoever thinks about these things will diminish his deeds.

Al-Dhahab, Siyar A’lm Al-Nubal` 10:42.

Source: http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net/ind...#ixzz2WB2RZqhE
          http://mountainofknowledge.tumblr.com

http://www.scribd.com/Mountainofknowledge

http://mountainofknowledge.wordpress.com/

Comment

jihad of nafs
            Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
            Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashfaaq View Post
              Wasalaam,

One of the hardest sunnah's to practice upon is "being good towards those who are bad to you". It requires a level of humility hard to comprehend. It's something I am really struggling with and trying very hard to overcome.
              That's how many saints reached their positions.

Not easy at all.
              https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

By realizing that we are not in a position to judge others and think we are better Muslims, Allah is the only judge .

Comment

What a nice thread masha'Allah.
                  "Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"
                  Whosoever desires peace prepares for war; no one provokes, nor dares to offend, those who they know to be superior in battle-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Comment

im humbled when I face adversities. and sometimes im glad, cos at least its a humbling experience.
                    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
                    O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.
                    Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.

Comment

Originally posted by starlight89 View Post
                      By realizing that we are not in a position to judge others and think we are better Muslims, Allah is the only judge .
                      I want to be able to realize that, however sonetimes my selfishness, my ego clouds my intention.

Comment

Originally posted by Nashmia View Post
                        truth leads to humbleness
                        When we are being straightforward and firm to speak the truth, no matter how painful it is, people will see us arrogant and judging, which is far from humble definition. How about this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by MountKnowledge View Post
                          Wa alakumu salaam.

A Treatment for Egotism

It is reported that Imm Al-Shfi Allh have mercy on him said:

If you fear becoming deluded and impressed by your deeds then remember whose pleasure you are seeking, and the joy (Paradise) in which you want to be, and what punishment you fear. Whoever thinks about these things will diminish his deeds.

Al-Dhahab, Siyar Alm Al-Nubal` 10:42.

Source: http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net/ind...#ixzz2WB2RZqhE
                          Jazakallah

Need to rectify my intention, then

Comment

Originally posted by veetha View Post
                            I want to be able to realize that, however sonetimes my selfishness, my ego clouds my intention.
                            Yeah I know manytimes I get the urge to make some condescending and rude remarks to others especially in arguments but I am trying to stop all that and judging others esp since I am no saint

Comment

Originally posted by veetha View Post
                              dp
                              Last edited by starlight89; 14-06-13, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X