apparent unequality in bounties. how to deal with it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apparent unequality in bounties. how to deal with it

Asslamu Alaikum all. I am new here and posting here just so I can better deal with these thoughts which constantly bother me and which I arttribute to my lack of knowledge of islam. I want to be truly convinced. May Allah forgive me.
    My question is basically that I have very smart pretty siblings with charming personalities and I am the ugly duckling. They have good happy lives ALhamdoulillah and I am miserable lonley old woman. What I see is that had I been charming I would have had a good duniya life. but since I was not I was left alone. I understand that I should not compare myself with the my beautiful siblings . they are superior to me I feel. I feel that I have no reason to live that I am outcast.
    Then when I read meanings of quran it emphasises about life in akhirah. I am empty handed in in duniya life. It hurts. how to deal with it?
    Jazak Allah

Re: apparent unequality in bounties. how to deal with it

:wswrwb:

On the authority of Abu Huraira (R.A.A.) who said: The Prophet (PBUH), said: "Look upon one who is below you in status. In this way you will not look down upon the grace of that God bestowed upon you." (Bukhari and Muslim)

Sometimes we let the things that get us down have too much focus on our lives, clouding our perspective. Looking to those who have it worse reminds us about the blessings we may have overlooked.

On the authority of Abu Abbas Sahl Bin Sa'ad Al-Sa'idi (R.A.A.) who said: 'A man came to the Prophet (PBUH) and requested him: "Messenger of God (PBUH), tell me something by which I could win the love of The Almighty and the people." The Prophet told him, "Do not love the world, and The Almighty will love you; and do not have a longing for that which people have, and they will love you."' (Ibn-Majah)

Comment

Working...
    X