Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Physical Fitness Standard

By Sheikh Yusuf Al-`Uyayri, Rahimahullah

"The level of physical fitness that is required of the Mujahid consists of him being able to do the following:

1. Jog for 10 kilometers (about 6.2 miles) without stopping, and this should take him no more than 70 minutes in the worst of cases
    2. Run a distance of 3 kilometers (roughly 2 miles) in about 13.5 minutes
    3. Run for a distance of 100 meters with only 12-15 seconds of rest
    4. Walk a long distance without stopping once for at least 10 hours
    5. Carry a load of 20 kilograms (around 44 pounds) for at least 4 hours straight
    6. Perform at least 70 push ups in one shot without stopping (one can start by performing 10 push ups at once, then increasing the number by 3 everyday until eventually reaching 70)
    7. Perform 100 sit ups in one shot without stopping (one can start by performing 10 sit ups at once, then increasing the number by 3 everyday until eventually reaching 100)
    8. Crawl using his arms for a distance of 50 meters in 70 seconds at most
    9. Perform the Farat like run (an exercise that combines walking, speed walking, jogging and running), and it is as follows:

The Mujahid begins by walking normally for 2 minutes, then he walks quickly for 2 minutes, then he jogs for 2 minutes, then he runs for 2 minutes, then he runs fast for a distance of 100 meters, then he returns to walking, and so on and so forth until he does this 10 times non-stop) And normal walking differs from quick walking, which differs from jogging, which differs from running. Normal walking is known to all, while quick walking is that one walks at a greater speed while making sure not to raise his feet from the ground for a greater amount of time than he would while walking normally. As for jogging, then this is that one covers a distance of 1 kilometer (roughly 0.6 miles) in less than 5.5 minutes. As for running, then it is that one covers a distance of 1 kilometer in less than 4.5 minutes.

This level of physical fitness can be achieved by the Mujahid in one month if he exerts great effort, with the condition that he advances gradually and does not damage his muscles or expose them to tearing. For example, if one begins at the start of the month by jogging for 15 minutes, and increased this time by 2 minutes every day, then this would mean that in a month's time, he would be able to jog for an entire hour without stopping (assuming that the number of days in the month in which he exercises would be 20 if the exercise program was 5 days a week). Likewise, if he begins with 10 push ups at the start of the month and increases the number by 3 everyday, then this means that he would be able to perform 70 push ups nonstop in the space of one month. So, advancing gradually and continuously has a great effect on one's fitness level. Also, during one's physical program, there must be some strength training included to strengthen and tone one's muscles, and the Mujahid must concentrate specifically on those types of weight training that can be performed without heavy exercise equipment, so that he can continue his physical program in any location. Exercise equipment has the effect of making one's body inactive if he is away from them for a long period of time. The best type of exercises are those that can be performed easily and rely on the body's own strength."
    Allahumma anta rabbee la ilaha illa anta, khalaqtanee wa-ana ‘abduka, wa-ana ‘alaa ‘ahdika wawa’dika mas-tata’tu, a’oothu bika min sharri ma sana’tu, aboo-o laka bini’matika ‘alaya, wa-aboo-o bizambee, faghfir lee, fa-innahu la yaghfiruz-zunooba illa ant.
    May Allah forgive the believing men and believing women, those who have passed away and those who are alive! AAMEEN

Re: The Physical Fitness Standard

kettlebells, steel mace, weighted vest

will order.
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Comment

This is actually looking useful. I was lacking a summer workout routine.. Let's try it... with a few exceptions
        Verily, it is in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
          kettlebells, steel mace, weighted vest

will order.
          no need for all that....

"The best type of exercises are those that can be performed easily and rely on the body's own strength."
          Allahumma anta rabbee la ilaha illa anta, khalaqtanee wa-ana ‘abduka, wa-ana ‘alaa ‘ahdika wawa’dika mas-tata’tu, a’oothu bika min sharri ma sana’tu, aboo-o laka bini’matika ‘alaya, wa-aboo-o bizambee, faghfir lee, fa-innahu la yaghfiruz-zunooba illa ant.
          May Allah forgive the believing men and believing women, those who have passed away and those who are alive! AAMEEN

Comment

Originally posted by mm068 View Post
            no need for all that....

"The best type of exercises are those that can be performed easily and rely on the body's own strength."
            that is what they do, utilize body strength. Back in the days they used to practice with iron swords, putting on weighted armor, and whatever blunt objects.

There is no "best type of exercise". It is subjective.
            "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Comment

Carrying a human being up and down the stairs can also help.
              My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
              ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
              “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Originally posted by Reliance View Post
                This is actually looking useful. I was lacking a summer workout routine.. Let's try it... with a few exceptions
                you should check out onnit.com

Comment

I honestly cannot do all of them. Doing aerobic three times a week and swimming once a week is all I can manage.
                  So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny? (55:16)

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                    you should check out onnit.com
                    10 lb weight vest for $170? I can tie bricks to my sweatshirt and get the same thing done!
                    Verily, it is in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest

Comment

Originally posted by Reliance View Post
                      10 lb weight vest for $170? I can tie bricks to my sweatshirt and get the same thing done!
                      Look there for ideas, don't buy it :p

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
                        Carrying a human being up and down the stairs can also help.
                        you forgot to mention it would also look weird

Comment

fill bags with sand...and stuff those bags in a bag pack....and off you go

Comment

By Sheikh Yusuf Al-`Uyayri, Rahimahullah

"The level of physical fitness that is required of the Mujahid consists of him being able to do the following:

1. Jog for 10 kilometers (about 6.2 miles) without stopping, and this should take him no more than 70 minutes in the worst of cases
                            2. Run a distance of 3 kilometers (roughly 2 miles) in about 13.5 minutes
                            3. Run for a distance of 100 meters with only 12-15 seconds of rest
                            4. Walk a long distance without stopping once for at least 10 hours
                            5. Carry a load of 20 kilograms (around 44 pounds) for at least 4 hours straight
                            6. Perform at least 70 push ups in one shot without stopping (one can start by performing 10 push ups at once, then increasing the number by 3 everyday until eventually reaching 70)
                            7. Perform 100 sit ups in one shot without stopping (one can start by performing 10 sit ups at once, then increasing the number by 3 everyday until eventually reaching 100)
                            8. Crawl using his arms for a distance of 50 meters in 70 seconds at most
                            9. Perform the Farat like run (an exercise that combines walking, speed walking, jogging and running), and it is as follows:

The Mujahid begins by walking normally for 2 minutes, then he walks quickly for 2 minutes, then he jogs for 2 minutes, then he runs for 2 minutes, then he runs fast for a distance of 100 meters, then he returns to walking, and so on and so forth until he does this 10 times non-stop) And normal walking differs from quick walking, which differs from jogging, which differs from running. Normal walking is known to all, while quick walking is that one walks at a greater speed while making sure not to raise his feet from the ground for a greater amount of time than he would while walking normally. As for jogging, then this is that one covers a distance of 1 kilometer (roughly 0.6 miles) in less than 5.5 minutes. As for running, then it is that one covers a distance of 1 kilometer in less than 4.5 minutes.

This level of physical fitness can be achieved by the Mujahid in one month if he exerts great effort, with the condition that he advances gradually and does not damage his muscles or expose them to tearing. For example, if one begins at the start of the month by jogging for 15 minutes, and increased this time by 2 minutes every day, then this would mean that in a month's time, he would be able to jog for an entire hour without stopping (assuming that the number of days in the month in which he exercises would be 20 if the exercise program was 5 days a week). Likewise, if he begins with 10 push ups at the start of the month and increases the number by 3 everyday, then this means that he would be able to perform 70 push ups nonstop in the space of one month. So, advancing gradually and continuously has a great effect on one's fitness level. Also, during one's physical program, there must be some strength training included to strengthen and tone one's muscles, and the Mujahid must concentrate specifically on those types of weight training that can be performed without heavy exercise equipment, so that he can continue his physical program in any location. Exercise equipment has the effect of making one's body inactive if he is away from them for a long period of time. The best type of exercises are those that can be performed easily and rely on the body's own strength."
                            I can only do 1 out of the 9.

I'll Insha'Allah focus on running once I bulk up.

Comment

fill bags with sand...and stuff those bags in a bag pack....and off you go
                              what you do in the privacy of your own home is your business
                              My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
                              ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
                              “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Working...
                              X