Empathy is a gift from Allah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empathy is a gift from Allah

I recently watched this video on YouTube and it made me really upset. Truly, we do not know what people are really going through in life. The wide smiles on Facebook, the glowing pictures on Instragram or the inspirational tweets on Twitter does not always paint a realistic picture of what people are really going through in life.

If you really knew what people are going through in life, would we treat them any better? Would we still judge them and be critical? And more importantly, would we continue to be secretly bitter of their successes in life?

As the video says, if you could stand in someone else's shoes, hear what they hear, see what they see and feel what they feel. Would you treat them differently?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl2_knlv_xw]
    https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Re: Empathy is a gift from Allah

Hamdun al-Qassar, one of the salaf, said:

“If a friend among your friends errs, make seventy excuses for them. If your hearts are unable to do this, then know that the shortcoming is in your own selves“

And the words of Imam Jafar as-Sadiq

“If you find see something you don’t like in a brother, try to find 1-70 excuses for him. And if you can’t find an excuse, say ‘There might be an excuse, but I don’t know it.’ “

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

touching video. And its so true. you never truly know..jzk. &^^ and for the quote above

p.s what is errs
      Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

^^ mistakes
        https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by FeedMEknowledge View Post
          touching video. And its so true. you never truly know..jzk. &^^ and for the quote above

p.s what is errs
          Commits an error
          Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

One of a long message Rasulullah :saw: gave to Abu Dzar (r.a) :

"Let your own faults prevent you from criticizing others and do not try to find fault with others, because [it could be that] you commit those faults yourself. It is enough to prove you guilty that you should find in others such faults as you yourself possess, though you may not be aware of them, and that you should find in others such misdeeds as you yourself commit".
            [Narrated by Ibn Hibban]

I must say that this hadith is da'eef (weak). but it contains a lot of wisdom :) :love:

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Working...
            X