Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manners and behavior.

Assalam Alaikum,

Today at friday prayers the imam spoke about manners and behavior. He said that bad behavior is unbecoming of a muslim. and that his prayers will not be accepted.

it made me wonder weather or not I was a good person towards others. I mean what manners do I have to correct? I greet people kindly, even the ones i dislike, but sometimes my mind has hateful thoughts towards a person. sometimes with friends i express them. I do use swear words in normal speech, though I try to stop that. I find myself gossiping sometimes. I'm mostly reserved to some friends and immediate family. my relationship with extended family is almost non existent. I want to put effort in correcting my behavior, because lets face it, muslim or not everybody assumes that they are right and good people. I need specifics though... what do you think brothers and sisters? how can I better myself?

what effort do you put in?

Re: Manners and behavior.

Sunnah

Comment

Re: Manners and behavior.

There is a difference between thinking of hateful things and actually acting on them. You can not control your thoughts but you can control your tongue. However, everyones tongue slips sometimes.

Swearing for the sake of swearing is not really good.

The only thing i can say is try not to swear or express your hate. But even i know that it is going to be difficult but nontheless you should try and reduce your swearing and hate.
      Bye...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X