Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will fail second year of uni

Salaam.

Long story short, I was once a straight A student, even getting full marks in some of my exams. Until the second year of college. I literally went from A's to D's/U's. Since my first year marks were so high, they balanced out to ok grades and I amazingly managed to get into uni. First year of uni, I have no idea how I passed. I decided that I would change everything in my second year, go back to my old self and do well for a change. But now I'm in a pickle. I literally have six exams, first one is tomorrow. I'm in my SECOND year of uni and have completely messed up. I know nothing. I stopped going to lectures completely in my second semester due to agoraphobia and severe social anxiety. I've tried to study, but each time I do, I literally (LITERALLY) end up slapping myself and swearing at myself (.. it's ok, you can laugh, I know how ridiculous that sounds). There are some rare occasions where it feels easy to study and I'm full of mental energy, but those are rare. Tbh, the past 3 years have felt like a dream, not real and blah blah blah. However, I do blame myself fully for not studying and attending lectures.

I keep changing between not caring about uni anymore and just accepting that i will fail, to extreme worry. I don't want to disappoint my parents. My mum calls so often to ask how studying is going and I lie and lie that it couldn't be better.

Honestly, I have no idea what's going on. Laziness? Procrastination? Depression? Stupidity? But more importantly, advice on what to do now? Should I just force myself to cram, no matter how many black eyes I give myself? Please someone enlighten me. And make dua for me please. JZK.

Re: I will fail second year of uni

get off this website and start studying NOW

Go
    How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

What are you studying and why do you go to a far away university?

Comment

^engineering. Because it's the uni i got accepted into and it's a pretty good one

Comment

actually, talwaar you are right. iw ill log off right now and i will study no matter what. thanks

goodbye

Comment

same (perhaps) considering all my late penalties.

high five !

Comment

In shaa' Allah I take my last ever final exam tomorrow evening.
              والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
                In shaa' Allah I take my last ever final exam tomorrow evening.
                I wrote mine in June 2011.

Life gets better.

Comment

meh ,

im the 4.0 GP kid , other nerds fear me ....

Comment

Don't worry.
                    You have your 3rd year to make up for it.
                    Make lots of duas. Stop coming up with excuses or reasons why you are failing.Just do it! So what if you get D's better than nothing.

Rabi zidni ilma. Lord increase my knowledge.

Dont mess it up when you have come so far.
                    "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

maybe seek counseling for the anxiety issues?
                      "And so, those were his last words, he had difficulty breathing. Dying on the inside, internally bleeding. The Angel of Death, dragged him away while he was sleeping.... watched his world crumble in front of him, searching for meaning..."

Comment

First of all remember this is dunya related and it is really not a big deal.
                        And don't say I will fail. Say no to negative thoughts. Think about how you can improve your grades talk to your professors. Maybe they can give you pointers.

Maybe you can find a study partner, that can help you relax a little. You can help each other out, maybe it will motivate you.
                        If there are activities you like to do you can use them as a way to reward yourself after finishing a chapter/ a report.

And if you get sick of reading from your books you can look up things online videos, mindmaps, flowcharts whatever that relates to your field.
                        Try to make it fun, and not so boring.

And don't forget your adhkaar so you can calm down first of all.
                        Ask Allah to make it easier for you when you are in sujood.

Comment

i would also suggest that you seek conselling, the universities usually offer that service, i dont think putting more pressure on yourself will help, if you already start beating yourself, that means you created quite some pressure inside youself..

Comment

:wswrwb:

OP, re. your thread title: can you see the future ?

Why don't you say insha'Allah when referring to the future ?
                            'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
                              :wswrwb:

OP, re. your thread title: can you see the future ?

Why don't you say insha'Allah when referring to the future ?
                              Oh stop it Peacenik.
                              والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X