Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MuslimBrother'
    replied
    Re: How little money can a person live on?

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
    Numbers are meaningless. What Allah wills.

Remember the hadith the whole world could set out to harm you, that means a 7 billion could come out tomorrow to kill me if they wanted to, but nothing might happen. :D
    True brother! :o

Leave a comment:

• Magic.
    replied

Originally posted by MuslimBrother' View Post
    The world, yes but not the UK. Brother works in recruitment and we talk about this time to time. I mean, thousands upon thousands of application for 1 job is madness.
    Numbers are meaningless. What Allah wills.

Remember the hadith the whole world could set out to harm you, that means a 7 billion could come out tomorrow to kill me if they wanted to, but nothing might happen. :D

Leave a comment:

• MuslimBrother'
    replied

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
    This. Be hard at first. I don't believe there isn't any job in the world and never lose hope in Allah. Make du'a. Seriously.
    The world, yes but not the UK. Brother works in recruitment and we talk about this time to time. I mean, thousands upon thousands of application for 1 job is madness.

Leave a comment:

• Magic.
    replied

A lot of the time, "skilled" up jobs have the same problem. It not that there is not enough skilled people, In fact, skilled work is gone completely crap as well. There just isn't enough work to go around, in areas pertaining to manual work (primary or secondary sectors) or professional work (tertiary sector). I guess I'm just really lucky. It is really unfair that people who have wasted a huge part of their youth to study and then end up stacking shelves or making burgers anyway.

Personal advice: RELOCATE DOAWGS!
    This. Be hard at first. I don't believe there isn't any job in the world and never lose hope in Allah. Make du'a. Seriously.

Leave a comment:

• MuslimBrother'
    replied

Originally posted by deen1984 View Post
    the other problem is people not trying hard enough, then they moan how all the eastern europeans are taking all the jobs lol, good for them. if these guys were really desperate for work, they would get jobs at street sweepers, cleaners. i dont believe that there is not enough work to go round, obviously if people are applying for jobs to stack shelves in supermarkets, then everybody will be applying for that lol. they need to get skilled up and enter a field where there is shortage of qualified/experienced people.
    A lot of the time, "skilled" up jobs have the same problem. It not that there is not enough skilled people, In fact, skilled work is gone completely crap as well. There just isn't enough work to go around, in areas pertaining to manual work (primary or secondary sectors) or professional work (tertiary sector). I guess I'm just really lucky. It is really unfair that people who have wasted a huge part of their youth to study and then end up stacking shelves or making burgers anyway.

Personal advice: RELOCATE DOAWGS!

Leave a comment:

• deen1984
    replied

I remember my mate was looking for work for such a long time. He was so upset cause he needed money for his parent (single mother and sister) so he looked for jobs just about everywhere you could. Looked for a job in every possible field (from IT (what he got his degree in) to cleaning toilets) and couldn't find any. Then, I woke up one day to realize that he never returned home and was found dead in an alleyway after over-dosing on drugs and alcohol.

Made me realize a disturbing pattern. Government doesn't invest much in job creation and since then, the availability of work has just been so drastically reduced. To top it all off, the work that is available is meager and not what most people spend their life studying for, creating a slave class of over-qualified people for crap jobs. What is even more sad is how they mentally try to break these people down as "scroungers" and "benefit $cum" when the actuality is that there is no work to be found and they are offering slave-schemes for people.

You know, my mate was a kaffir who was actually a very good guy by character. He never drank, did drugs or would go around women. He started doing this when he realized how wasted his life had become and saw no hope. Had he not taken these steps, I really would of encouraged him to come to Islam if he were still here, and knowing him for some time, he would've.
    the other problem is people not trying hard enough, then they moan how all the eastern europeans are taking all the jobs lol, good for them. if these guys were really desperate for work, they would get jobs at street sweepers, cleaners. i dont believe that there is not enough work to go round, obviously if people are applying for jobs to stack shelves in supermarkets, then everybody will be applying for that lol. they need to get skilled up and enter a field where there is shortage of qualified/experienced people.

Leave a comment:

• Miss.Annisa
    replied

It could work but the same amount of money regardless of amount of children, now that's a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Magic.
    replied

Minimum wage is okay if your parents are seething with money to the teeth. I know someone whose job is simply a cashier yet drives around in BMW, wears nice clothing, simply because her parents actually work top executive jobs. Good for her. Insha' A Allah May Allah make everyone prosperous. :)

Leave a comment:

• MuslimBrother'
    replied

Originally posted by neelu View Post
    The amount depends on several factors: how much the average rent is in that area, whether the person is single or has dependents such as children or frail/elderly/disabled relatives to take care of, cost of utilities, transport, basic (but nutritionally balanced) food and clothing etc. I don't consider minimum wage to be a subsistent liveable wage (might be okay for a single student with bursaries and living with parents etc but not anyone else) particularly for those with families.

I tell you what, how about we get rid of the welfare system altogether seeing as everyone has gone hysterical about the number of 'scroungers and fraudsters' out there. Anyone who can't get a job will find a place in a workhouse to work for a pot of gruel. The money we save from this can go towards looking after those more deserving destitute bankers "for the economy". We can also throw in a few more hurdles to prevent people from 'scrounging' off disability benefits and if that means leaving a few more cripples hungry and homeless then it's not our problem cos' at least "the GENUINE (ie etonians) have nothing to worry about" and besides, the homeless cripps are fraudster $cum so they'll either find themselves a job or (as many of them are currently doing) commit suicide and if they don't do us a favour and top themselves- there's always the compassionate route of our plans to legalise 'assisted suicide' (and the state will provide more assistance than you might think). Any pensioners who are freezing to death this winter should consider sewing themselves a woolly hat.

Someone recently said the Union Jack should be called the "I'm alright jack" knowing the direction this country is going in.
    I remember my mate was looking for work for such a long time. He was so upset cause he needed money for his parent (single mother and sister) so he looked for jobs just about everywhere you could. Looked for a job in every possible field (from IT (what he got his degree in) to cleaning toilets) and couldn't find any. Then, I woke up one day to realize that he never returned home and was found dead in an alleyway after over-dosing on drugs and alcohol.

Made me realize a disturbing pattern. Government doesn't invest much in job creation and since then, the availability of work has just been so drastically reduced. To top it all off, the work that is available is meager and not what most people spend their life studying for, creating a slave class of over-qualified people for crap jobs. What is even more sad is how they mentally try to break these people down as "scroungers" and "benefit $cum" when the actuality is that there is no work to be found and they are offering slave-schemes for people.

You know, my mate was a kaffir who was actually a very good guy by character. He never drank, did drugs or would go around women. He started doing this when he realized how wasted his life had become and saw no hope. Had he not taken these steps, I really would of encouraged him to come to Islam if he were still here, and knowing him for some time, he would've.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied

The amount depends on several factors: how much the average rent is in that area, whether the person is single or has dependents such as children or frail/elderly/disabled relatives to take care of, cost of utilities, transport, basic (but nutritionally balanced) food and clothing etc. I don't consider minimum wage to be a subsistent liveable wage (might be okay for a single student with bursaries and living with parents etc but not anyone else) particularly for those with families.

I tell you what, how about we get rid of the welfare system altogether seeing as everyone has gone hysterical about the number of 'scroungers and fraudsters' out there. Anyone who can't get a job will find a place in a workhouse to work for a pot of gruel. The money we save from this can go towards looking after those more deserving destitute bankers "for the economy". We can also throw in a few more hurdles to prevent people from 'scrounging' off disability benefits and if that means leaving a few more cripples hungry and homeless then it's not our problem cos' at least "the GENUINE (ie etonians) have nothing to worry about" and besides, the homeless cripps are fraudster $cum so they'll either find themselves a job or (as many of them are currently doing) commit suicide and if they don't do us a favour and top themselves- there's always the compassionate route of our plans to legalise 'assisted suicide' (and the state will provide more assistance than you might think). Any pensioners who are freezing to death this winter should consider sewing themselves a woolly hat.

Someone recently said the Union Jack should be called the "I'm alright jack" knowing the direction this country is going in.

Leave a comment:

• Rainyday
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Abu Kamel
    replied

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
    Food is overrated.
    ...and water is a luxury.

Explained then CEO of Nestle company, a major global stakeholder in water resources around the world, Peter Brabeck-Letmathe:
    Water, Brabeck correctly pointed out, “is of course the most important raw material we have today in the world,” but added: “It’s a question of whether we should privatize the normal water supply for the population. And there are two different opinions on the matter. The one opinion, which I think is extreme, is represented by the NGOs, who bang on about declaring water a public right.” Brabeck elaborated on this “extreme” view: “That means that as a human being you should have a right to water. That’s an extreme solution.” The other view, and thus, the “less extreme” view, he explained, “says that water is a foodstuff like any other, and like any other foodstuff it should have a market value. Personally I believe it’s better to give a foodstuff a value so that we’re all aware that it has its price, and then that one should take specific measures for the part of the population that has no access to this water, and there are many different possibilities there

In a 2009 article for Foreign Policy magazine, Brabeck declared: “Water is the new gold, and a few savvy countries and companies are already banking on it.” In a 2010 article for the Guardian, Brabeck wrote that, “[w]hile our collective attention has been focused on depleting supplies of fossil fuels, we have been largely ignoring the simple fact that, unless radical changes are made, we will run out of water first, and soon.” What the world needs, according to Brabeck, is “to set a price that more accurately values our most precious commodity,” and that, [t]he era of water at throwaway prices is coming to an end.” In other words, water should become increasingly expensive, according to Brabeck. Countries, he wrote, should recognize “that not all water use should be regarded as equal

Leave a comment:

• Peacenik
    replied

Food is overrated.

Leave a comment:

• deen1984
    started a topic How little money can a person live on?

How little money can a person live on?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22065978

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X