Praying for wealth and balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praying for wealth and balance

I have a hard time praying for wealth and a luxurious lifestyle because at one point I feel that its not wrong to make dua for abundance because Allah Himself says that the believers should ask from him of anything (legal i.e) and there are also duas for gettng wealthy and prosperous etc so technically it isn't wrong but then I also read quotes of Hazrat Ali and other religious people that this world is nothing but deception and is temporary so don't run after wealth and riches and all these great people lived simple lives and kept things to a bare minimum. I'm not materialistic or anything nor I'm poor that I crave money and jewels etc I do charity as well but lately whenever I feel like praying for this I feel guilty as if I shouldn't be asking Allah for wealth, makes me feel as if these are my selfish desires, I'm always thankful to God in whatever condition so its not like I'm not happy with this current lifestyle I have goals and dreams but then I get confused that I should live a simple life and there was a point when I thought I should live on a bare minimum, like I thought about giving more than half of my clothes away, leave everything and just praying to God, like I don't have balance, if I pay attention to the world I get engrossed in my goals, dreams and ambitions of being successful and if I pay attention to religion I get too involved in it that I don't care about anything of this world and feel like going far away, live in a hut or something and that nobody should bother me. Is there a way for me to lead this life in a successful way yet still be humble and also make me have a successful afterlife as well? I need balance!!!!!

Re: Praying for wealth and balance

Should always ask for barakah in your rizq, there is nothing wrong with that.
    Also in the dua rabbana atina fid-dunya hasana we ask Allah to better our worldly life and hereafter and save us from the hellfire.
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

:salams

Simply ask Allah to grant you of wealth, knowledge, work, children, etc., that will be beneficial for your dunya and akhirah. And, ask Him to remove anything from your life that will make you disobey Him and take you away from His remembrance,
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I don't believe there is anything wrong with asking for wealth, but striking a balance in your life between deen and dunya is quite important.

I'm not after an abundance of wealth but I do want enough so that I am financially independent, so that I don't have to go to work and commit 10 hours a day towards it, when it's not a passion. Not having to go to work would mean that I get to pray Salaah at the masjid in congregation and on time, more time for certain types of ibadah. I could commit myself towards helping others, doing charity work, working with less able Muslims, travel more etc.

It really depends on what your intention with the wealth that you want is.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X