Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to ease traveling desire because I want to get closer to Allah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to ease traveling desire because I want to get closer to Allah?

Assalamu'alaikum

Dear brother and sister,

I am a muslimah who is a very fond of traveling. I did a lot of travel abroad and to some beautiful places in my country. I could spend like 3-4 times a year to travel. I always consider it a fun thing to do like I cannot live without traveling. Everytime I feel bored with my work, I always book a ticket and go. However, only recently this couple of months, I feel like I am changed. I begin to get closer to Allaah. I begin to really learn about the true Islam. I find peace in my heart. However, my travel buddies keep bugging me to go on traveling. Sometimes I do feel that I still want to go to places I dream. Sometimes, I feel that that was a selfish thing to do, because instead of having fun, I must actually take a serious thing improving my Imaan. I am afraid that when I go traveling again, it will lower my imaan level. Can somebody please advise is there any way for me to ease my traveling desire. Should I completely let go of my dream to travel to places I love? I have this beautiful quote: when you realize how short life is, you will not have time for holiday. I want my dream is to reach Jannah and not being bothered by another dream, such as traveling.

Thank you in advance for your advices.

Assalamu'alaikum
    So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny? (55:16)

Re: How to ease traveling desire because I want to get closer to Allah?

Get married and you can travel around the world with your hubby! Or take your brother or dad. Traveling can be a way to get closer to Allah by seeing his wonderful creations.
    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

:salams

Check with your local Imam as there are certain distances a sister can go by herself during the day. Maybe just make day trips locally at times when you can't have a mahram go with you. At times when you can, maybe try to find places that have some relevance with regard to deen.

To get closer to Allah you can do some good every time you take a trip: give sadaqah, volunteer at the local hospital or soup kitchen, drop off toys at an orphanage or homeless shelter, volunteer to help clean up a littered area, donate supplies to schools, etc. You can research the problems in the area you plan to visit as well as the organizations that are doing these things and contact them to offer your help while you're there.

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
        Get married and you can travel around the world with your hubby! Or take your brother or dad. Traveling can be a way to get closer to Allah by seeing his wonderful creations.
        May be the intention needs to be renewed. Syukran for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bint_Hajj View Post
          :salams

Check with your local Imam as there are certain distances a sister can go by herself during the day. Maybe just make day trips locally at times when you can't have a mahram go with you. At times when you can, maybe try to find places that have some relevance with regard to deen.

To get closer to Allah you can do some good every time you take a trip: give sadaqah, volunteer at the local hospital or soup kitchen, drop off toys at an orphanage or homeless shelter, volunteer to help clean up a littered area, donate supplies to schools, etc. You can research the problems in the area you plan to visit as well as the organizations that are doing these things and contact them to offer your help while you're there.
          Masha Allaah a very great advice. I never thought about doing charity during traveling. Insha Allaah I will do this. Thank you :)

Comment

Consider it a blessing.Those that travel ll be less harmed.Hijra makes you safe.Sometimes it brings new experiences.But yes engaging in ALLAH's zikr is also important.
            ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X