Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work impossible to find in the UK?

Salaam Alaikum brothers and sisters

Currently working but was considering that in time, I might move on to another job.

That is where the problem kicks in. Is it just me or that the situation in the UK is just getting worse for people in terms of finding a living and /or place to live in general. Mind you, I come from a really poor background and due to my past, I've had lots of problems with finding work. Alhamdulillah at the moment, everything is stable and going good, but I don't want to be left in this job of mine forever, I want to move on to get better work. Any recommendations as to what I should do?

Considered moving to another country but need a lot of money for that, as well as finding work there too. Any advice from my brothers and sisters in Islam

:jkk:
    Leader of the Anti-Barelvi Initiative: Join Today!

Re: Work impossible to find in the UK?

carry on where you are but in the meantime, do some evening classes. Go on some IT courses, communication skills courses, reading and writing courses.

In your spare time, do some voluntury work, or work shadowing. You want to know what you might enjoy doing .

get some career advice. I don't know if they still do that but call learn direct to see what they provide in terms of career support.
    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Walaikummussalam Akhi,
      Whats the field you working in ? and looking for ?

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

don't quit your job until you have secured a new one. you will find it difficult if you have not been in the job long, and dont have enough experience. so stay and put more time in and get the experience, then try move on. in the field I work, people ignore you if you don't have minimum of 2 years experience in your line of work, and they will only consider taking you on if you accept a ridiculously low salary.
        Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

i understand how difficult it is. but u have to be patient and u wil get something. keep trying..

there are many jobs in the security side, if you are interested, securigroup is one.. which provides training.. or any other security company.. if that helps u. the pay is good too and it is a good job. if u r interested then maybe check that out ?
          :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by deen1984 View Post
            don't quit your job until you have secured a new one. you will find it difficult if you have not been in the job long, and dont have enough experience. so stay and put more time in and get the experience, then try move on. in the field I work, people ignore you if you don't have minimum of 2 years experience in your line of work, and they will only consider taking you on if you accept a ridiculously low salary.
            Lol. My salary is pure comedy material. But your right. It's just that i want to move out and live somewhere else, yet due to the nature of this dump of a nation, I can't move anywhere else because there is no work. UK is the most depressing place to live on the world. Even France was better, this place is just gloomy 24/7, crap weather, crap lifestyle, no culture, nothing.

Before anyone says "Wellz, wyz doncha move out innit blaaad?" I would love to, i just can't.
            Leader of the Anti-Barelvi Initiative: Join Today!

Comment

Bro, stop complaining!

I am sure you would not swap places with someone living in Afganistan, Syria or Bangladesh.

Count yourself lucky that you do not live in a war torn country or a unstable government/state. Millions live in cities where there is no job security and no housing or healthcare support.

Have you thought about taking a trip abroad with your family or friends. Broaden your horizon.

Be humble and grateful.
              Weather is lovely out there go and enjoy it.
              :o
              "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Didn't read the rest of the thread, but UK is awful. Basically if you do not work and claim benefits all your life, you will have a better life because of the way the system is.

I would advise anyone with any skills to leave and work elsewhere.

Comment

^ It is not that easy.
                  "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

IMO work is found by those wanting to work. I have recently had this discussion with a guy who has been complaining about hardship due to lack of work and a guy who has just returned back to the Uk from abroad

The complainer has filled in the odd form and has a strict criteria for what he wants to do, this is fine if you can afford to do it. This guy is married with kids living with parents and signing on and borrowing money where he can. He doesn't contribute to anything if with friends and cries no work
                    The other guy looked around and eventually started working in a take away. He is recently married and says this will tide him over until better work comes along

I remember I worked in a restaurant whilst working full time in a school. I needed the money and would have and would still do what it takes, even wash dishes/clean the streets etc

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
                      ^ It is not that easy.
                      I know. If it was I wouldn't be here, but it does seem easier if you have skills needed elsewhere (and you are male).

Comment

I always recommend looking abroad. You can get many great experiences and it's easier if you are not yet married. Try to find a job in Makkah.

Comment

Plenty of work available in the UK.

Comment

It's not an easy market to find work, it's competitive.

There was recently a new costa coffee opened in Nottingham i think. 8 positions were available. there was a total of 1,700 applications for it.

Do you have any GCSEs a-levels, any other qualifications? Is possible, can you do a HNC? doesnt have to be a degree. theres some people in company with a HNC and earn extremely good money drawings things on a computer all day.

Comment

Oh, and it's not impossible. If there is a small chance, then you can still make the effort to make it happen, and more importantly, with the power of dua.

My last job, i was totally fed up with. very little prospects. i had a pay freeze for 3 consecutive years, followed by a redundancy, then a pay drop. I had hit rock bottom. i had decided that I had to make the effort to get out, so for a period of 9 months, nearly everyday seeking, tailoring my CV for every single application, I managed to find a break-through. This was for an area of work that I didn't have any direct experience of so it was new to me. I did all this on top of my normal 9-5, football, gym, family commitments, etc I wasn't only doing the conventional thing like website applications. i was calling managers/bosses/team leaders directly to their work phones, rather than going through HR and the standard methods they had. I was GUESSING email addresses with a bit of internet searching and identifying e-mail patterns, hoping that my CV would get through straight to the guy who makes the decision, rather than some lady in recruitment who just compares your CV with the requirements and doesn't pass you forward. When someone finally called me for an interview, the first thing they told me was that I'm sitting here because I made that phone call that no-one else did and that I made my name and voice heard. They were very impressed at the interview, and offered me a position within 2 days.

I was really determined to make a change as it's a large part of your daily life, and Alhamdhulilah, with many duas, I've never looked back.

This is obviously in the corporate world and your situation might be different, but i was just illustrating an example.

Do what you have to do to get to where you want to be (in a halal manner of course) and make dua along the way. Find out where you want to work or be and work backwards from that. If it means working for free 4-6 hours a week to start of with to show what you can do, then so be it. It really is to do with how much you really want to change your situation.

All the best inshaAllah.
                              Last edited by WayOfLife; 26-04-13, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X