Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters, what is a true man according to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisters, what is a true man according to you?

what makes someone manly?

and brothers, what's your definition of ''manly''.

for example : a man with no fears except Allah, A man who knows what he's doing, etc..

Re: Sisters, what is a true man according to you?

We had a forum user a few days ago called 'manly man'. He could have enlightened you!!

A real man is someone who adheres to the teaching if the sunnah . Upholds his responsibilities and the rights if those under his charge, fears Allah, controls his anger, his nafs, is not an oppressor

I will leave it to my fellow brothers n sisters to add to the list

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

As Muslima London stated fulfilling his responsibilities and taken them firmly by his hand is one trait of a real man. For example being the provider and doing that without moaning or crying about it but instead proudly (not arrogantly) accepting that role and fulfilling it.

Looking after his womenfolk too is another trait. Not like those who let their women go wild/loose (no one pick on this statement of mine, this is my opinion and I won't argue about it).

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      -------------------------------------------------------
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Yeah!!!
        Do you hear, no one better give F R any grieve about her views or there will be hell to pay. I reckon the sister has been very decent giving everyone advanced warning lol

Originally posted by F_R View Post
        As Muslima London stated fulfilling his responsibilities and taken them firmly by his hand is one trait of a real man. For example being the provider and doing that without moaning or crying about it but instead proudly (not arrogantly) accepting that role and fulfilling it.

Looking after his womenfolk too is another trait. Not like those who let their women go wild/loose (no one pick on this statement of mine, this is my opinion and I won't argue about it).

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
          A real man = xy

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post

Aye
            Last edited by `Mohammed; 23-04-13, 01:57 AM.

Comment

a man that is patient and can control his anger

a man who is strong when necessary and gentle when necessary

a man who is man enough not to be demanding or in control

a man who fears Allah and Allah alone

Comment

What Muslima London and Fr posted..I would add that at the end of the day he is someone who is not perfect, and makes mistakes but tries his best ...that's all we can do at the end of the day try our best..

Comment

A true man to me is someone who fears Allah SWT, who does his best to follow the Quran and Sunnah. Who knows how to treat others and who especially knows how to treat women with respect. He can control his anger.

A true man can admit that he weeps, and an even truer man weeps out of fear for Allah SWT.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
                  [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Prophet Muhammad (saw)
                    :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                      We had a forum user a few days ago called 'manly man'. He could have enlightened you!!
                      Pretty sure I banned that guy.

I banned so many people, it's ridiculous. Oh when will it all end? :(

When they stop signing up, that's when.

As for the question, the Qur'aan as always has the answers:

[Such niches are] in mosques which Allah has ordered to be raised and that His name be mentioned therein; exalting Him within them in the morning and the evenings

[Are] men whom neither commerce nor sale distracts from the remembrance of Allah and performance of prayer and giving of zakah. They fear a Day in which the hearts and eyes will [fearfully] turn about -

From Al Ahzaab, interesting this should come up again:

Among the believers are men true to what they promised Allah . Among them is he who has fulfilled his vow [to the death], and among them is he who awaits [his chance]. And they did not alter [the terms of their commitment] by any alteration -
                      والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Rhetorical question, what does it mean when it says "Sisters,..." in a thread title?

Comment

Manly man was a man who wasn't in actuality, really manly.
                          Leader of the Anti-Barelvi Initiative: Join Today!

Comment

Originally posted by hello, kitty! View Post
                            Rhetorical question, what does it mean when it says "Sisters,..." in a thread title?
                            It's cool, she's undercover.
                            :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Originally posted by hello, kitty! View Post
                              Where'd it say that?

Oh.

Well how was I supposed to know?

Alright fine, initially I started off replying to that one point, then I had to post the answer I already knew, and by then I had forgotten all about what it said. And anyway shinee is male.
                              والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X