Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Islamic wife straightening tactics don't work anymore

Originally posted by starlight89 View Post
    brother, do you realise the way you are portraying your wife, is she so "disobedient' or you are just exaggerating? think abt what you have done, maybe you have made some mistakes towards her too, and yes other sisters have pointed out that those tactics work only if a wife love and respects her husband, anyway your wife doesnt wife doesnt want divorce, take that as a positive indicator, get some counseling from family members and think ONLY positively.

infact reading ur story it seems to me that your problems are not that serious and that your marriage can be saved. May Allah save your marriage and make your bond stronger
    its just him whining in every thread about his marital problems looking for sympathy he does it everytime

Comment

Originally posted by Ashfaaq View Post
      Yah, but if you were married or when you do get married, would you be scared of getting divorced?
      why should be people be afraid of divorce, if ur husband or wife doesnt implement islam in the marriage, then its what u need to do. Allah ta ala gave us a whole surah on how to do it properly.

divorce is not a threat to be held over a woman.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
        why was divorce used as a "wife straightening tactic" anyway? Is it because of the dumb sitgma attached to it for women?

That sounds pretty nasty to me.
        :jkk:
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Yes, in an ideal world, last time I checked it didn't exist.
          I know of lots of Muslim sisters who want to follow the sunnah of RasulAllah (saws) and enter through any door of Jannah by praying and obeying their husbands and do so for the sake of Allah. Not out of fear for a divorce.
          Last time I checked we're all in the same world.
          "When the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray."

Comment

the poll results speak for themselves, so yah these prolly won't work anymore as I suspected.
            You know you're growing old when the candles cost more than the cake

Comment

the poll results speak for themselves, so yah these prolly won't work anymore as I suspected.
              no don't be pessimist. She can use the miswaak to brush her teeth, which will silence the wife. Everybody's happy : clean teeth, silence.
              My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
              Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Why would I fear Divorce?

It's actually cool, if you don't have any kids. You get to marry and try a new woman :up:

then again, I'm still single
                Last edited by علي; 24-04-13, 06:26 AM. Reason: removed language

Comment

Make duas brother that Allah guide her and help you both. (coz I don't know who's wrong). Can you get an Imam to help you , counselling, different perspective? Sometimes, outsider's help is needed, if she's crossing boundaries can you speak to her parents/family in a wise manner? Don't give up and may Allah guide you both to what is best. Ameen.

* If you are trying to change someone it always helps to be kind, you are brothers and sisters in Islam, not property of each other.
                  "Call unto thy Sustainer's path with wisdom and goodly exhortation, and argue with them in the most kindly manner-for, behold, thy Sustainer knows best as to who strays from His path, and best knows He as to who are the right-guided." [Al-Nahl, 16:125]

Comment

Originally posted by shinee View Post

It's actually cool, if you don't have any kids. You get to marry and try a new woman :up:

see a therapist
                    Last edited by علي; 24-04-13, 06:27 AM. Reason: removed language from quote
                    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

yah and youll stay single with that lame brain attitude

Comment

wife "straightening"?...i think i saw one of those at the mall...you put her in and she comes out all nice and pressed, soft and wrinkle free

Comment

how disgusting

Comment

Shinee, this isn't gamefaqs, it's a Muslim forum. Kindly keep that in mind when using such language, though the garbage attitude really doesn't belong here either, but that's another matter. I don't know if it's more a garbage outlook or a garbage attitude, but whatever it is, it sure is garbage.
                            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X