Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Sharia councils failing vulnerable women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are Sharia councils failing vulnerable women?

Less shari'ah councils, more work to re-establish shariah via the khilafah please!
    If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
    There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

So if the Shariah councils are this bad and fail everyone, how is a woman suppose to get a divorce in Islam if they live in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich View Post
        So if the Shariah councils are this bad and fail everyone, how is a woman suppose to get a divorce in Islam if they live in the UK?
        Probably by hoping that a) their husbands grow a heart and divorce them. b) he dies.
        You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

they didnt show this cause there was some hour long boring doc about that hag who dropped dead

Comment

I don't understand.
            I got a Khala from the sharia council, they are the right authority to give me that surely

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
            Probably by hoping that a) their husbands grow a heart and divorce them. b) he dies.
            Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
            __________________________________________________ _____________________________
            If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

They are not all that bad, even one of the examples given is hardly terrible, of course there isn't a documentary on all the good work done by the good Shariah Councils, I wonder why that is?

Simple answer if you don't like the one you first go to, try another and maybe another.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                I don't understand.
                I got a Khala from the sharia council, they are the right authority to give me that surely
                I think you misread the tongue in cheek posts, they do have authority to grant Khala.

Comment

i cant judge them until I have actually been to one. according to the article, its over-hyped rubbish (aimed at people like mich). a lot of muslims would agree with what that scholar was saying e.g we try to reconcile husband and wife first, and go to police as last resort. how many of us would go to the police straight away if someone in our family was selling drugs?
                  Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Working...
                  X