Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a sin if I don't cry?

It's been a long time since I've cried.
    Even when I'm repenting/asking for forgiveness I don't cry. I don't cry when I read the Qur'an or pray.
    Is this is a sin?
    I'm not stone-hearted though, I just don't shed tears but I do obviously feet pain, guilt, fear etc.

Re: Is it a sin if I don't cry?

:salams:

Perhaps you need to know "How to cry" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApD5cAQpors

Also make sure you have a soft heart, know Allah, strong iman.
    Last edited by Illuminati; 03-04-13, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentSacrifice View Post
      Even when I'm repenting/asking for forgiveness I don't cry. I don't cry when I read the Qur'an or pray.
      Is this is a sin?
      I'm not stone-hearted though, I just don't shed tears but I do obviously feet pain, guilt, fear etc.
      I can't cry either, tears come to my eyes but I dont think i've cried since my childhood..

Also no its not a sin to not cry

Comment

:salams
        :start:

Be in the state as Allah has kept you.If you are not able to cry, then be happy with it.There is no necessity that you should cry otherwise you are in hell.But once you cry, you will cry most of the times.
        صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
        Al-Muslimeen

Comment

Originally posted by SilentSacrifice View Post
          Is this is a sin?
          If after reading the Quran watching Lectures and Reminders and Making Dua, you do not shed any tears, then your Heart has hardened without a doubt,

may Allah ta'ala soften your heart and help you to taste the sweetness of Imaan,

ameen,

:jkk:
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Hmm I went through a period in which I was not able to cry, before growing up I could just conjure up sad moments and reflect and I would cry very deeply, it relieved me, and took a burden off my shoulders. Then recently I went through a couple of years of not being able to cry, I prayed to Allah to soften my heart, and now alhamdhulillah I am able to cry again. I don't know what happened to me during those two years but it was frustrating because I faced a lot of trouble and wasn't able to release through tears.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X