Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies: Help with identifying a type of modest dress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies: Help with identifying a type of modest dress?

First, thank you for reading this.

About ten years ago, I was given a very beautiful garment. The person who gave it to me said it was a type of modest dress, and she believed it was made in Pakistan or India. However, I have been unable to find a duplicate, nor have I been able to input the appropriate search terms online to find another. I was wondering if any of you are familiar with this style of garment.

From outward appearance, it appears to be a long-sleeved, loose-fitting dress. It felt like it was made from cotton. However, it had two layers of fabric. The outer layer was made so a woman could pull it up and over her head, and therefore cover her hair. There was no way to fasten that into place, so I would think perhaps it was a housedress or some such -- so a woman could quickly cover if a visitor came, but could wear it as a dress when just around family. Or, perhaps, it was meant to be held in place with your hands or teeth, like a chador.

Thank you again for your assistance!

Re: Ladies: Help with identifying a type of modest dress?

do u have a pic or something, cuz if it has 2 layers then its not chador for sure.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X