• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An intelligent and stable person behaves rationally

What does "stable" mean?

Comment

As has been noted previously, it's all about definitions. What is 'intelligent' and 'stable' and 'rational' to one person may be widely different to another.

Case in point: the US media continually portrays the Iranian leadership as 'unstable' and 'irrational', when by most standards they have the epitome of stable and rational in their negotiations with the US and others.

And, to add to the fun, sometimes actions or statements that appear to be irrational are carefully planned and orchestrated events, done for completely rational, calculated reasons.

Comment

I want to answer fully, but I can't, because "stable" depends on the person and the society in general. What is considered "stable" to a Muslim, for example, would most likely be considered "mental illness" by an atheist.

Whoever follows the advice of the Prophet:saw: regarding anger management and general adab and akhlaq will have the best results with rationality. Whoever disregards his advice on manners and dealing with anger will let his emotions get the best of him. So I would say whoever follows the sunnah the most often would have more control over his mind and make better decisions on important matters than someone who followed passions, reacted without contemplation and disregarded the sunnah.

Comment

Generally but not always

We are all humans who have chemicals and hormones of some sort running through our bodies. Irrational behaviour is possible in everyone.

And I feel that the most rational among us can accept the irrational.

Comment

Yes, I am Agree but sometimes situation also chenged the mental ability of the person.

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
              I want to answer fully, but I can't, because "stable" depends on the person and the society in general. What is considered "stable" to a Muslim, for example, would most likely be considered "mental illness" by an atheist.

Whoever follows the advice of the Prophet:saw: regarding anger management and general adab and akhlaq will have the best results with rationality. Whoever disregards his advice on manners and dealing with anger will let his emotions get the best of him. So I would say whoever follows the sunnah the most often would have more control over his mind and make better decisions on important matters than someone who followed passions, reacted without contemplation and disregarded the sunnah.
              :jkk:

Comment

Can't Be .Look At Darwin.
                Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X