Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With a Dua

As-saalam-u-laykum Brothers and Sisters

I was watching a lecture on youtube and the speaker said a Dua, I was wondering if someone knows the Arabic and the correct translation of the Dua and where it is from i.e. in which hadiths it is mentioned. From google and my bad English to Arabic this is what I came up with:

Allahumma inni as'aluka al-'afwa wal-'aafiyah fi-dunya wal-akhirah

JazakAllah Khair :o
    Last edited by gamma; 25-03-13, 06:53 PM.

Re: Help With a Dua

:wswrwb:

Translation: "O Allaah! Behold, I beg of You peace in this world and the hereafter."
    إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

Jazak-Allah Khayir

Sister would you happen to know which hadith this dua is mentioned in and where I could find it written in Arabic.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sprinkles View Post
        :wswrwb:

Translation: "O Allaah! Behold, I beg of You peace in this world and the hereafter."
        That's not the one sis.

It's asking Allah for good health and something else in this Dunya and akhira

It's in fortress of the Muslim

لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
        -------------------------------------------------------
        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

ﺍﻟﻠﻬﻢ ﺇﻧﻲ ﺃﺳﺄﻟﻚ ﺍﻟﻌﻔﻮ ﻭﺍﻟﻌﺎﻓﻴﺔ ﻭﺍﻟﻴﻘﻴﻦ ﻓﻲ ﺍﻟﺪﻧﻴﺎ ﻭﺍﻵ*ﺧﺮﺓ .*
          (Translation: O Allah, I beseech You for forgiveness, health, and firmness in faith in this world and the Hereafter.

Wa alaykum as salaam. In sha allah this helps.

Comment

JazakAllah khair Sister,

That has helped me a lot I am compiling some duas and I needed to know the Arabic and correct meaning but couldn't find it. Sister would you happen to know if this dua was mentioned in hadiths.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ceeri_sista View Post
                Wa iyakum.

It is a part of one of the adhkaar of the morning and evening. I will post the continuation below and like sister fr said it is in the fortress of the muslim and it is narrated by ibn dawud and ibn majah.

اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّـي أسْـأَلُـكَ العَـفْوَ وَالعـافِـيةَ في الدُّنْـيا وَالآخِـرَة ، اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّـي أسْـأَلُـكَ العَـفْوَ وَالعـافِـيةَ في ديني وَدُنْـيايَ وَأهْـلي

وَمالـي ، اللّهُـمَّ اسْتُـرْ عـوْراتي وَآمِـنْ رَوْعاتـي ، اللّهُـمَّ احْفَظْـني مِن بَـينِ يَدَيَّ وَمِن خَلْفـي وَعَن يَمـيني وَعَن شِمـالي ، وَمِن فَوْقـي ، وَأَعـوذُ بِعَظَمَـتِكَ أَن أُغْـتالَ مِن تَحْتـي

“O Allah, I ask You for well-being in this life and the next. O Allah, I ask You for pardon and well-being in my religious and worldly affairs, and my family and my wealth. O Allah, conceal my weaknesses and set at ease my dismay. O Allah, preserve me from in front of me, from behind me, on my right, on my left, and from above me, and I take refuge with You lest I be swallowed up from beneath me (by the Earth).”
                JazakAllah Khyaar Sister for your help, from what you have said I have managed to find the dua in fortress of a Muslim. I have been watching this lecture by Shaykh Hasan Ali (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er8Nl...OeFvsA&index=6) and have been trying to write the duas down. You have helped me greatly sister :-)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X