X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to save money

Salaam

I do not even know where to start!
    I am not very good with money and I love spending money on clothes, chocolate etc .

I have realised that if I had saved money in the past, I could have help built a school in Africa or Asia, I could have bought a nice BMW car, 3 Chanel or Gucci bags or put a deposit for a flat.

Enough is enough, I need to save money now. Please advise me further.

I love being a shopaholic! :o
    Last edited by Green786; 24-03-13, 04:50 PM.
    "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Re: How to save money

Work out percentages of your monthly income and where you will put it. For example 20-30% could automatically go to a savings account, 10% to charity etc.

Look at your receipts and ask yourself do you really need all the things you buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
      Salaam

I do not even know where to start!
      I am not very good with money and I love spending money on clothes, chocolate etc .

I have realised that if I have saved money in the past, I could have help built a school in Africa or Asia, I could have bought a nice BMW car, 3 Chanel or Gucci bags or put a deposit for a flat.

Enough is enough, I need to save money now. Please advise me further.

I love being a shopaholic! :o
      Corporations do that to people. Make you feel like buying all this material stuff will somehow increase your self worth and thus make you feel better... (Not saying that that is what is happening with you! Could be a possibility, hence the need to buy, buy, buy!

Comment

Bro or sis , treating yourself from time to time is not a bad thing. If you do it for yourself and invest then its a good thing. The thing is, these goods can be sold off.
        "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Make a budget for every month, if you spend more than the need, try to cover it up by giving up something for a while.

That's how.

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
            Bro or sis , treating yourself from time to time is not a bad thing. If you do it for yourself and invest then its a good thing. The thing is, these goods can be sold off.
            Yeah that's cool. It's just that in your previous post you said you're a shopaholic hence my reply :-D

The thing is, the moment you buy a bag or something like that, it becomes second hand and it's sold at a loss if you do decide to sell it. A purchase such as that makes sense if you buy it to enjoy it, but not if someone is buying it from a business perspective.

Comment

Buy things according to your NEEDS not according to your wants- or set aside a small limited amount for your wants so that there's plenty left over for that school in Africa and the BMW;)
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

never carry cash and swallow the debit card.
                "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

If you go out once in a blue moon you save loads of money (tried and tested).

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X