Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Love and Protection of a Father

This popular image - often used to promote motherly love -
    is actually a Father Pink-necked Green Pigeon, protecting his babies with his wings.

Treron vernans
    ©Rik Seet

"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small." [Quran, al-Isra 17:23-24]

Narrated Abu Huraira: A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man said. "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man further said, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man asked for the fourth time, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your father." [Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 2]

Abdullah bin Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Every one of you is a shepherd and is responsible for his flock. The leader of the people is a guardian and is responsible for his subjects: a man is the guardian of his family and is responsible for his subjects, a woman is the guardian of her husband’s home and of his children and is responsible for them, and the slave of a man is a guardian of his master’s property and is responsible for it. Surely, everyone of you is a shepherd and responsible for his flock.” [Sahih Muslim, Book 20, Number 4496]

Abu Darda’ (ra) narrates: I heard Rasulullah :saw: saying: A father is one of the strongest doors of Paradise, If you wish you may pull it down (by disobeying him), or if you wish you may protect it (by obeying him). [Al-Tirmidhi #127]

Narrated ‘Abdullah ibn ’Amr(ra): Allah's Messenger :saw: said: "The Lord's good pleasure results from a father's good pleasure, and the Lord's displeasure results from a father's displeasure." [Al-Tirmidhi #1270]

Attached Files

Re: The Love and Protection of a Father

:salams

uhhh

"O friend, the cloth from which your burial shroud will be cut may have already reached the market and you remain unaware." Imam al-Ghazali R.A.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

Originally posted by .Kid. View Post
      :salams

uhhh

Wa alaikum Asalam wa rahmarulah wa barakatuh,

2nd that.
      المادح نفسه كذاب
      I do not fear for the person who thinks, even if he loses his way, for he will return to the truth. Rather, I fear for the person who doesn't think, even if he is correctly guided, for he will be like a wisp of straw at the mercy of the wind. —Muhammad al-Ghazali

Comment

That's sweet mashAllah.

Unfortunately not every household has a father...
        "I love the righteous, though I’m not one of them,
        Perhaps I will gain their mediation for me.
        And I hate those whose trade is sin,
        Though we may both have the same merchandise!" Imam Al Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by sims View Post
          That's sweet mashAllah.

Unfortunately not every household has a father...
          Indeed :(

Comment

:jkk:

May Allah Grant our parents Jannah ameen.

Comment

Ameen
              "I love the righteous, though I’m not one of them,
              Perhaps I will gain their mediation for me.
              And I hate those whose trade is sin,
              Though we may both have the same merchandise!" Imam Al Shafi'i

Comment

Comment

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاثه

Beautiful images [Sister]

Let's hope that the ppl who didn't have this experience of a father (as well as the ones who did), raise good strong boys ان شاء الله who are responsible and full of good character to be a totally fierce husband and father to their own kids and also encourage their brothers and nephews and kids they babysit for, to be a good man who turns out to be a great father.

We can all help, by encouragement and instruction, to make the future fathers in Islam be good merciful ones and to say سبحان الله for all the amazing fathers that we know of who are doing a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by ssh View Post

Let's hope that the ppl who didn't have this experience of a father (as well as the ones who did), raise good strong boys ان شاء الله who are responsible and full of good character to be a totally fierce husband and father to their own kids and also encourage their brothers and nephews and kids they babysit for, to be a good man who turns out to be a great father.

We can all help, by encouragement and instruction, to make the future fathers in Islam be good merciful ones and to say سبحان الله for all the amazing fathers that we know of who are doing a great job.
                    Great post sister

May Allah increase the baraka in our fathers lives.

http://quran.cc/images/Quranlogo.png........http://i.imgur.com/b066ayL.png

“My sin burdened me heavily. But when I measured it against Your Grace, O Lord, Your forgiveness came out greater.” Imam Shafie

Comment

InshaAllah

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                        This popular image - often used to promote motherly love -
                        is actually a Father Pink-necked Green Pigeon, protecting his babies with his wings.

Treron vernans
                        ©Rik Seet

"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small." [Quran, al-Isra 17:23-24]
                        This my fav image and quote.

You start some rli great threads rli inspiriing مشاء الله

جزاك الله خيرا

Comment

This my fav image and quote.

You start some rli great threads rli inspiriing مشاء الله

جزاك الله خيرا
                          wa iyyaki

I see so many threads online about mothers, but rarely any about fathers. The Prophet:saw: was the best of fathers, he was even gentle with other people's children. He would cheer up other people's children, kiss them, play with them, teach them, defend them from humiliation in public; I remember one hadith where he even fed a baby with a date from his own mouth.

As I said before, I never knew how much I missed out not having a father until I became a Muslim.

La hawla wa la quwwata illa biAllah

Comment

:wswrwb: ^^same but I guess Allah puts us all in situations either with or without both parents for a reason. We can all take lesson from this and appreciate what we do have.

Why the many sad faces? Because of no father?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                            The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                            -------------------------------------------------------
                            www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

In some ways though, not have any dad there (for me I mean) is better than having a skankybad dad.

There is just a void and sometimes relating to others' experiences of a good dad just leaves me thinking of the po or a judge but I would still take that void over what could have been worse if the bloke, who is half responsible for my existance, had stuck around.

Comment

Working...
                              X