Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

    -Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

    -I'm taking Quran classes but I'm still in the beginners level but alhamduillah I'm doing good so far. I was wondering for future reference, when one memorizes the Quran in Arabic, how do you keep your mind from being clouded from memorizing surahs in Arabic and the language you already speak? I say this for people that don't understand Arabic and might get confused.

  • #2
    Re: Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

    -...? :/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

      Lol I don't get confused with my language and Arabic EVER!
      I do get confused with surahs that repeat like Surah kaafiroon but I usually have the quranic arabic in my mind and the page patterned too so I follow along in my mind and that usually does the trick and that's probably why we use the same Quran while memorizing. :D

      But wait. Memorize the Quran in another language? What you mean? Like memorize in Arabic and in English so you can know the meaning?
      Last edited by ani`Adam; 07-02-13, 08:58 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

        Lol I don't get confused with my language and Arabic EVER!
        I do get confused with surahs that repeat like Surah kaafiroon but I usually have the quranic arabic in my mind and the page patterned too so I follow along in my mind and that usually does the trick and that's probably why we use the same Quran while memorizing. :D

        But wait. Memorize the Quran in another language? What you mean? Like memorize in Arabic and in English so you can know the meaning?
        -Yeah I definitely understand what your talking about when it comes to Surah Kaafiroon, and yeah I'm talking about memorizing it in your language to understand what your reciting. When I think about memorizing long chapters in the Quran in Arabic and then English to understand what your reciting... it seems like it's too much.
        Last edited by TheNamesMalik; 07-02-13, 07:57 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

          -Bump, come on fam, any advice?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

            why would you memorize it in your own language. i see that as wasting time that could be spent learning arabic.

            just learn arabic while you memorize quran - by the time you finish your hifdh your arabic would be quite good.
            "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
            (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
            He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"
            .


            "And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"
            .

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

              Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
              why would you memorize it in your own language. i see that as wasting time that could be spent learning arabic.

              just learn arabic while you memorize quran - by the time you finish your hifdh your arabic would be quite good.
              -Well the imam is just teaching us how to read the Quran in Arabic, I was talking about the fact of reciting and not knowing what your saying. Like reciting Surah Yasin and having no idea on what you just said.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

                Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb

                It will be best to learn arabic to a level of average native speaker. It will help you in pronouncing words and understanding them while reciting Quran Insha Allah. Please remember that not all words mean the same and Arabic is a vast language, different words can have different meanings.

                It is possible to Hifz Quran and to remember the translation. Have some almonds everyday in the morning and Insha Allah it will help you memorize things. Ask dua from Allah to help you in achieving this goal.

                May Allah sharpen your brain, make it easy for you to learn and memorize the Quran. Ameen

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

                  Have you tried a word for word translator? I found it to be alot easier than trying to memorise what every arabic sentence meant in swedish because it got confusing really fast.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

                    Originally posted by TalibIelm View Post
                    Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb

                    It will be best to learn arabic to a level of average native speaker. It will help you in pronouncing words and understanding them while reciting Quran Insha Allah. Please remember that not all words mean the same and Arabic is a vast language, different words can have different meanings.

                    It is possible to Hifz Quran and to remember the translation. Have some almonds everyday in the morning and Insha Allah it will help you memorize things. Ask dua from Allah to help you in achieving this goal.

                    May Allah sharpen your brain, make it easy for you to learn and memorize the Quran. Ameen
                    -JazakAllah Khair, well, we just went through knowing the letters and he made sure our pronouncaition was correct. Now were learning how each letter looks like in the beginning, middle, and the end. Were not learning the meaning of the words and If I'm going to learn how to speak and understand it then that's way in the future inshallah.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

                      Originally posted by Hadid View Post
                      Have you tried a word for word translator? I found it to be alot easier than trying to memorise what every arabic sentence meant in swedish because it got confusing really fast.
                      -What do you mean? Like every word's meaning? I know what some words mean in the Quran and it's very minute. And that does sound like a good idea being that when I stand in prayer, I keep hearing the same words most of the time. JazakAllah khair.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

                        Originally posted by TheNamesMalik View Post
                        -What do you mean? Like every word's meaning? I know what some words mean in the Quran and it's very minute. And that does sound like a good idea being that when I stand in prayer, I keep hearing the same words most of the time. JazakAllah khair.
                        I mean something like this http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

                          Originally posted by Hadid View Post
                          I mean something like this http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp
                          -This is great, a lot of those words are fimilar, does it take long for you to look through them and remember?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Is it possible to memorize the Quran both in Arabic and another language?

                            Originally posted by TheNamesMalik View Post
                            -This is great, a lot of those words are fimilar, does it take long for you to look through them and remember?
                            you mean every word? It'll probably take some time, but like you said, alot of words and phrases are familiar and will be found often.

                            Anki could help with the memorising of the words.

                            Comment

                            Collapse

                            Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                            Working...
                            X