Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it haram to wish to die?

:salams

we should all fear death as we need all the time we can get to help ourselves on the last day in shaa Allah, there is not one person who is ready for death this second ie that their deen is perfect and they are ready, free of sins et al

make the most of your time with worship and good things in shaa Allah, as this is why you were created, why we all were created.

And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me. 51:56

Why was mankind created?

It is not proper for a Person to Wish for Death:

It is makruh or "disliked" to wish for one's death, or pray to Allah for it, due to poverty, distress, illness, or the like. The six canonical compilers of hadith narrate on the authority of Anas that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said: "Let no one among you wish for death due to any hardship that may befall him. But if one has no other choice, but to do so, one should say: "O Allah! Grant me life as long as life is good for me, and cause me to die when death is better for me."

The wisdom in the prohibition against wishing for death becomes obvious from a hadith narrated by Umm al-Fadl: "The Prophet, peace be upon him, went to see Al-'Abbas. He found him wishing for death. Thereupon the Prophet said: 'O Abbas! O Uncle of Allah's Messenger! Do not wish for death. If you do good and live long, your good deeds will multiply. Then that is better for you. If you are not good and your death is delayed, you may seek Allah's forgiveness. That is better for you. So do not wish for death'." (Narrated by Ahmad and Al-Hakim, who says it is sound according to Muslim's criteria)

It is permissible, however, to wish for death, and there is no harm in doing so, when one fears persecution that puts one's faith at risk, as is indicated by the following supplication of the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him: Allahumma inni as'aluka fi'lal khairat wa tarkal munkarat wa hubbal masakin wa an taghfarali wa tarhamani wa idha aradata fitnatan fi qaumi fatawafani ghaira maftunin wa as'aluka hubbaka wa hubba man yuhibbuka wa hubba 'amalin yuqaribu ila hubbika "O Allah! I ask You for the means to do good, to avoid evil, and to love the poor, and I beseech You to forgive me and have mercy on me. When You subject my people to a trial, cause me to die without being affected by it. O Allah! I ask Your love, the love of those who love You, and the love of all such actions that bring one closer to Your Love." - Tirmidhi

'Umar ra used to pray in these words: O Allah! I have grown old, I have become weak, and my flock has spread far and wide. Therefore, O Allah, take me to You before I fall short of doing my duties or transgress my limits." This is reported by Malik.

:jkk:
    Last edited by Slave4akhirah; 02-02-13, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Re: Is it haram to wish to die?

Originally posted by shinee View Post
      I'm tired of dunya. I always had ''extreme social anxiety''. I don't wanna go on details because it will take time to explain the problems I faced throughout my life and still facing it. (My problems aren't very simple as some of you might think, you would understand if you were in my shoes). All I could say is that my mentality is too different from others, I feel lost and disconnected. I don't know how to communicate with people properly and I can't socialize with people. I'm always alone. Everyone looks down at me and tell me that I'm a useless human being. Tell me how can you survive with extreme psychological issue? I made thousands of supplications to Allah, so that he can guide me and free me from this darkness I'm living in. Nobody helps me, not even my parents. I cry every night to Allah, and there's no response from him. I keep begging Allah to give me intellect and make me normal like everyone else. Has he forgotten me? What did I do? Is there any du'as where I can ask Him to take my life and lift me from this dunya?

Salaams Bro,

Reading your post where you say you have Social anxiety disorder? are you taking any medication? Just a few days ago things got really bad for me I thought of suicide. I have tried it many times before. You just have Social Anx. disorder. I am Bi-Polar, I have Obsessive Compulsive disorder, I have diabetes, I am anemic, I have Anxiety, I have High blood pressure, I have high cholesterol, I am a addict, after all these things my mind and life was in a constant turmoil with not only myself but also with my family, they are very old school and don't believe in these things they say just pray and everything will be alright. Which is Ok, but to be in a household where you have no one fighting with you is a very hard way to live. Social anxiety is NOTHING if you only treat it that way. I know no one can make you feel ok with what you are facing. For a very long time i used my problems as excuses to not fight for what I want with life. Don't let you disease take away from you what you want with life. Some have it way more worse then you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X