Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do you pray for forgiveness until?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do you pray for forgiveness until?

-Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, how long do you pray for forgiveness until you feel like your forgiving? I've been having doubts that my sins weren't forgiving though I was asking for it in sujud, the last of the night, and on Jummah and yet I still feel like it's a burden. Any advice on how to deal with it?

-*sigh* no help I suppose.
    Last edited by TheNamesMalik; 13-01-13, 04:52 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Re: How long do you pray for forgiveness until?

I wouldn't spend too much time trying to analyze how much times I must pray for forgiveness before I believe I get forgiven. I would think asking very sincerely for forgiveness once would be enough, if it really sincere and you dont commit that particular sin again. Ironically, whenever I pray I pray for ALL my sins to be forgiven so in a way I am constantly asking for forgiveness. But you should feel forgiven as long as you ask sincerely and dont commit the sin again.

Comment

:wswrwb:

We should be in constant state of asking for forgiveness. Even when you are doing something usual, like driving, cooking, walking to school, keep saying 'Astaghriullah'. :insha:

Also, after every salaah ask for forgiveness when you make Dua'a. So, keep at it :insha:
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

:wswrwb:

I remember a saying of a Sahabah I think it was, He said that there was never a prayer that he did not ask for forgiveness for his short comings.
        "O friend, the cloth from which your burial shroud will be cut may have already reached the market and you remain unaware." Imam al-Ghazali R.A.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

:salams
          :start:

Brother the real forgiveness is when you ask for forgiveness and you believe that it is forgiven.So if you don't think that your sins are forgiven.Then ask for forgiveness till death takes you over.I have learnt to ask forgiveness in a manner.Where you take everything off you when you repent.It has to come from your heart and the repent has to be such that you will not repeat it again.This is the real repent.
          صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
          Al-Muslimeen

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X