Is Steroids Haram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Steroids Haram?

What is the islamic ruling in taking Steroids to enhance muscle growth and strength?
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: Anabolic Steroids

Isnt anything that does harm to you deemed as Haram? so in that case I wouldn deem steroids as Haram.

Comment

there isnt sufficent evidence to say steroids are harmfull when taken in moderate dosages it becomes harmfull like any other drug when you abuse it

Comment

Originally posted by Lost From Truth
        Isnt anything that does harm to you deemed as Haram? so in that case I wouldn deem steroids as Haram.
        Assalamu alaikum

It's not always as simple as that. For example, something might do harm to you but the benefits may outweigh the harms. In that case it would be halaal.

In other cases (such as cigarettes), where the main reason to take it is for the pleasure or 'stress relief' (if any), there are more harms (lungs, mouth, overall health, passive smoking, bad smell) than there are benefits.

Most of us do not know the exact benefits and harms of taking anabolic steroids, so inshaAllah akhi Mafia, better to look for a reliable fatwa on some similar drug (if you can;t find any on steroids).

Comment

Personally i'd just stay away from steroids, no point risking harm to your body when you've worked so hard to improve it.
          How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck couldn't chuck wood? :banbear:

Comment

i took them so i could grow a beard...........

"i need a beard"
            -pray: " Yah Allah plz give me a beard"
            :scratch: "steroids might do the job"

:1popcorn: "steroids taste good"
            :banbear: "Got my beard at last"

Comment

Originally posted by Raqin
              i took them so i could grow a beard...........

"i need a beard"
              -pray: " Yah Allah plz give me a beard"
              :scratch: "steroids might do the job"

:1popcorn: "steroids taste good"
              :banbear: "Got my beard at last"
              I don;t know if they're halaal to take or not, but besides the point:
              -don't take too much or you'll begin to develop womanly features (the symptoms of abusing it)

Comment

womanly features it gives a beard and raises ur testosteroine levels:up:

Comment

Originally posted by AbuSalahuddin
                  I don;t know if they're halaal to take or not, but besides the point:
                  -don't take too much or you'll begin to develop womanly features (the symptoms of abusing it)
                  Not to mention liver damage...
                  How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck couldn't chuck wood? :banbear:

Comment

depends what steroids you take doesnt it... not all steroids do damage to your body depends how many you take at what concentration...

id avoid anaebolic steroids though... theyre supposed to be the worst ones... try normal steroids instead?
                    And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

Has any Muslim sportsman or woman been caught of taking steroids?

Comment

Steroids turns you into a woman, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubblegoose
                          Steroids turns you into a woman, and vice versa.
                          does ronni coleman look like a woman to u
                          And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Irhaab
                            does ronni coleman look like a woman to u
                            I've seen him do 800lb deadlifts for reps (an amazing feat), but his voice sounds quite feminine.

One thing about steroids is that few people know how to take them correctly. They just take them. That's where a lot of problems arise.

Comment

Mafia,

Maybe "medication" is not the answer for you. You should first look at your diet and exercise routine to make sure they are in order.

-Do you vary your set/rep schemes?
                              -Do you use mostly compound movements?
                              -Do you do deadlifts and bum-to-grass squats? (language here prohibits me from using the rhyming version of full squats)
                              -Do you get plenty of rest?
                              -Do you eat well, eat often?
                              -Have you tried counting your calories? www.fitday.com is an excellent resource there.

Sometimes I have to remind myself "massive eating" when I'm trying to add muscle.

Comment

Working...
                              X