Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• argan oil/morroccan oil

:salams

Has anyone tried this for a few weeks/months? and if so, what are the results? (with regards to hair)

I know sis Aisha has used it and has given me a good review of it :love: :)
    (not doubtin you btw sis just scopin for more postive feedbacks)

lol just wanted to see if i could get more feedback before i spend my money on the product cos its not that cheap ....ive seen the adverts on the shopping channel, am lil skeptical..so if any peeps got real experience using it...share your thoughts please in shaa Allah :)

:jkk:

edit:sorry, i should have added, i suffer from alopecia areata, and things have worsened somewhat alhamdulillah, i just am interested in the benefits of it for hair in general , ive tried a lot of things to no avail, and yes, i do have a dermatologist too, but turns out, im not having much joy with conventional options ... ive tried all kinds of oils
    (coconut , olive, almond, castor et al) onion jiuce( yes trust me i have) garlic jiuce(and yes to this also) aloevera stuff, hair masks, i dunno you name it i prob tried it, my diet is as good as can be, i rarely eat outside food, i eat home made stuff ...i came across the argan oil being amazing for hair, and obvs , given my situation, id like to try it if it will be of benefit. Im not expecting people to know what benefits it would have with regards to alopecia, but comments with regards to how it has left the overall health of their hair would help me out
    Last edited by Slave4akhirah; 09-01-13, 10:31 PM.

Re: argan oil/morroccan oil

In my opinion, its okay.

I dont know if there are different ways of applying it but I followed the instruction on the bottle which was to apply a tiny bit. It does make hair soft but after a bit of time, the hair starts to feel greasy even though a little amount was used.
    I prefer olive oil.

Comment

i started using it a few months ago from a friends recommendation and it's good. for hair and it also absorbs into the shaft of the hair when other oils don't, repairing it. it's great for skin too. but you ave to keep using it to see results. it's great though and I love that it's all organic
      DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Comment

The morrocan oil I have found smells great, but its not pure argan oil (I'm assuming it has silicones added to it - which isn't necessarily too bad). If you want the pure oil you'll have to look around.

Be warned though, there is a brand, the box for the morrocan oil is a light blue, it has a large M with 'Morrocan Oil' written on it. It's made in Israel. My auntie (who isn't really one to read this sort of stuff) bought a bottle, gave some to me and then I realised. So if you stay away from/boycott goods made in Israel then avoid this brand. It's alcohol free.

It says to use it when your hair is wet. The smell is nice and leaves the hair smooth, I apply it on my ends and then work upwards. I haven't used it for that long, and I don't use it like coconut oil (where I put it in a few hours before I shower). I leave this stuff in cause it doesn't feel heavy and thick on the hair like coconut oil - and cause it's expensive lol.

Everyone has different hair, so what works for me may not work for you. In cases like this, you just have to take the dive and try it out.

Comment

Used the shampoo
          My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

As rainbow toaster has said it does smell great, I use it in my hair and have found that it is a good way to make hair smell good as well as make it softer.
            [COLOR="#3366cc"][SIZE=4]Learn Arabic Quran in the true essence it was meant to be learnt...[/SIZE][/COLOR]
            [SIZE=3][url]http://www.readquranonline.net/[/url]
            [url]http://www.readquranonline.net/courses.htm[/url][/SIZE]

Comment

Have you tried looking at long hair forum?

forums.longhaircommunity.com

There's a lot of home made hair recipes from hair washes to conditioners and oils. People on it have tried everything, so I hope you can find some answers there.

Comment

i haven't tried those yet but i know castor oil is AMAZING. i was having some hair loss and my hair was thinning(almost a bald patch)on the front so i used castor oil and i saw results within 2 weeks alhamdulillah now it has filled in :). do more research on it. loads of ppl swear by it and it's a bit sticky so you should probably dilute it with a nice smelling oil :D

Comment

Originally posted by muslimzuster View Post
                  i haven't tried those yet but i know castor oil is AMAZING. i was having some hair loss and my hair was thinning(almost a bald patch)on the front so i used castor oil and i saw results within 2 weeks alhamdulillah now it has filled in :). do more research on it. loads of ppl swear by it and it's a bit sticky so you should probably dilute it with a nice smelling oil :D
                  alhamdulillah it worked sis :)

lol like i said in op i have tried castor oil :p

Comment

I will have to try that too, I have some lying around, do you leave it in or wash it out after a while? Also, do you apply it everyday? Jazakallah.

Comment

Originally posted by RainbowToaster View Post
                      Have you tried looking at long hair forum?

forums.longhaircommunity.com

There's a lot of home made hair recipes from hair washes to conditioners and oils. People on it have tried everything, so I hope you can find some answers there.
                      sis aisha hooked me up with the long hair site a while back, ive had alopecia for a while now, ive done a lot of research , and tbh, i know its upto Allah azzawajjal to sort this out for me, just clutchin at straws given my current bout of the condition and saw no harm asking on this forum :)

Comment

Originally posted by Slave4akhirah View Post
                        alhamdulillah it worked sis :)

lol like i said in op i have tried castor oil :p
                        lol my bad, i have the habit of skipping through when i read :embar:
                        yea, then i'm of no help :(
                        in shaa Allah you will find something sis :)

Comment

lol my bad, i have the habit of skipping through when i read :embar:
                          yea, then i'm of no help :(
                          in shaa Allah you will find something sis :)
                          your intent was to help so thats good enough sis alhamdulillah, no sad face :)

Comment

Originally posted by RainbowToaster View Post
                            I will have to try that too, I have some lying around, do you leave it in or wash it out after a while? Also, do you apply it everyday? Jazakallah.
                            oh it's the best! i leave it in overnight and wash it the next morning. i've been applying daily for 2 weeks and then once every 3 days. i'm planning on making it a weekly thing now my hair has grown in.
                            in shaa Allah try it :)

Comment

oh it's the best! i leave it in overnight and wash it the next morning. i've been applying daily for 2 weeks and then once every 3 days. i'm planning on making it a weekly thing now my hair has grown in.
                              in shaa Allah try it :)
                              :jkk: I will try it Inshallah :)

Comment

Working...
                              X