Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "sunnah" male physique

Salam 3alaykum

What should a person aim for in terms of a healthy physique without eating loads.

My problem with Bodybuilding as a profession is that isn't natural and one eats too much which is disliked.
    Then comes the issue of eating meat each day which isn't encouraged by the sunnah either

My qualms with the fitness model physique are similar in that they also loads to maintain their weight.

So what sort physique falls within the sunnah because the above two lifestyles aren't exaxtly "sunnah" certified

Re: The "sunnah" male physique

walayk salam

you know who batman is?
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by samin62:4996161
      walayk salam

you know who batman is?
      yes ....... what about him

Comment

he is in his physical peak
        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
          he is in his physical peak
          If all else fails you got the utility belt.

Comment

On a more serious note what should a muslim man aim for.

because a lot of what is fitness and bodybuilding is simply not possible if you are trying to follow the sunnah in terms of food consumption

Comment

Most strength as possible! Doesn't necessarily mean you have to be big.

And other protein sources are eggs and nuts.
              SPREAD OF EVIL
              ZIONISM
              BOLLYWOOD

Comment

:salams

I am waiting to get back into the gym, 4-5 meals is what I am thinking...

Each meal doesn't have to be the size of this.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	biryanipreparedg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	10736835

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                  Most strength as possible! Doesn't necessarily mean you have to be big.

And other protein sources are eggs and nuts.
                  Do you deadlift?

I am worried that deadlifting will snap my back sideways. Lol.

Comment

The Sahaba ate a lot of meat btw. That's pretty well known from Islamic history. I guess I would assume its a lean and strong physique, not necessarily over bulked. Keep in mind they rode horses and fought with swords so they were likely to have some amount of muscle mass.
                    "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Interesting, I would like to know aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by islamicjourneys View Post
                        Salam 3alaykum

What should a person aim for in terms of a healthy physique without eating loads.

My problem with Bodybuilding as a profession is that isn't natural and one eats too much which is disliked.
                        Then comes the issue of eating meat each day which isn't encouraged by the sunnah either

My qualms with the fitness model physique are similar in that they also loads to maintain their weight.

So what sort physique falls within the sunnah because the above two lifestyles aren't exaxtly "sunnah" certified
                        Bodybuilding isn't natural, but neither is driving a car or sitting at a computer for hours, it is healthy and you don't have to eat too much but try and eat quality.

Not all bodybuilders are big, but just a bit stronger and more toned than most, its only the dedicated professionals that get massive.

Not eating meat every day not being sunnah is new to me, could you give me a reference or link or something please.

I think we should maintain our bodies in as healthy condition as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
                          Do you deadlift?

I am worried that deadlifting will snap my back sideways. Lol.
                          Yes bro.. Deadlifts are squats are amazing. I have a bad lower back, but can do deadlifts ok aslong as I remember to use proper form. Does worry me one day if I mess my back up though! Follow any advice online for deadlifting from Mark Rippetoe. His advice perfects your form.

A good tip is to start light. Even maybe as low as 20/25kg and keep building up a few kg every session, until you get your form right.

I will send you a link to the 5x5 workout I am doing. With proper form and diet it is so easy to increase strength.
                          Last edited by -MA-; 08-01-13, 12:41 AM.
                          SPREAD OF EVIL
                          ZIONISM
                          BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                            Yes bro.. Deadlifts are squats are amazing. I have a bad lower back, but can do deadlifts ok aslong as I remember to use proper form. Does worry me one day if I mess my back up though! Follow any advice online for deadlifting from Mark Rippetoe. His advice perfects your form.

A good tip is to start light. Even maybe as low as 20/25kg and keep building up a few kg every session, until you get your form right.

I will send you a link to the 5x5 workout I am doing. With proper form and diet it is so easy to increase strength.
                            I fully agree, form, form, form and form are the most important.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...2SHHlGlCc&NR=1

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

for a bit of inspiration!
                            Last edited by abubakarbristol; 08-01-13, 01:17 AM.

Comment

:wswrwb:

I'm not really keen on bodybuilding. Rather spend that time studying a martial arts discipline like Muay Thai. It's more vital you know how to fight and defend yourself, than just build muscle that will fail you when it most matters.

Also, cardio > bodybuilding imo
                              Obedience to Allah and His Messenger :saw: is from the foundations of Islam.
                              If you refuse to do so, how then can you claim to be a Muslim?

Comment

Working...
                              X