Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get over laziness and procrastination ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get over laziness and procrastination ??

As Salaam Walaikum brothers and sisters ,

I discovered this forum a week back and am immensely happy about it . I have a few problems with my life style and would like all your help .

I am extremely lazy . I always post pone every single thing until the deadline is right in front of me . I struggle at that time and then always promise myself that I ll be more organized from next time , but it never happens !! I am extremely over weight and have been trying to loose weight for the past 6 years . I wake up so late that , I just have time to make it to work in one piece . The rest of the day I never find time to excersice. And I stay up late in the night reading books etc . Next year my mother plans to get me married . I really fear what will happen to me if this trend continues . How will
    I manage my home , my husband and kids ??

Now the situation is such that from within I feel very depressed and am not at peace . I always keep thinking how fit and beautiful I ll feel when I lose weight , but I never get to doing it . I dream that a time will come that I can wake up at 5 am and offer Fajr every day and have a bright fulfilling day ahead . But it just does not materialize cos of my laziness . I am LAZYYYY ! :( I don't clean my room till some guests drop into my house . I have started sensing so much negative energy in my life recently . I really do want to get married next year ( Ill be 25) , and have a fruitful , beautiful life ahead . I want to be a good mother to my kids . But I feel all this is getting delayed due to negative energy in my life . I don't feel like going out also on weekends . Guess why ? Cause am fat !! It s all so complicated in my head :( .

Can this all be corrected ? Is there something fundamentally wrong with me that cannot be fixed ?? I am taking baby steps by trying to pray all 5 times and begging to Allah to change me . Are there any duas I can do that will help me . I really want to change my life . I want to me extremely organized and have a clean beautiful life .I want to be healthy and be a good wife , mother , daughter in law and daughter . I do not have any bad habits or bad intentions , just laziness . Its the biggest devil in my life .

Please help me . Please !!!

Shukriya to all !

Re: How to get over laziness and procrastination ??

:wswrwb:

Sister, you want a lot of thing, but what have you done to get those things?

What have you done to wake up early at 5am to pray Fajr. It seems you read books late night, so that really doesn't help.

If you don't go out on weekends, then why not start working out?

Yes, you're lazy, but you have to change that and only you can do that. You can make Dua'a, but that doesn't mean one day you'll wake up slim and organized.

Really, focus on how much effort you are putting on actually improving yourself. I think you already know the answer to your problems. You just have to stop being lazy and move! Get your parents or siblings to keep check on you and make sure you wake up, exercise, eat right, go to sleep early, etc.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

:wswrwb:

Fear Allah.

You do understanding putting your body in such a state is harem?

The reason you are continuing this is because you don't know the punishments and the rulings on what you are doing. Especially missing fajr.

Educate yourself on the prophet's SAW sayings of being over weight, missing prayers etc...or sayings of the companions.

Comment

Waalaikumussalam.learn to prioritize.for example give prominence to prayers .eventhough you are unable to wake for fajr on time ,try and pray the other prayers on time .Eventually you will develop the ability to wake up on time. InshaAllah.
        Also ,cut out unnecessary habits that make you lazy ,like watching excessive TV.To reduce fat rather than trying to jog your way out ,take small steps first like reducing sugar,starchy foods .This will give you the confidence eventually to take it to the next level.
        Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

First of all insha'Allah try to pray salaah on time. That is a must, say "allahuma a'ini 'ala dhikrika wa shurkika wa husn 'ibadatik" after every prayer.
          Make salah your priority, and insha'Allah everything else will fall into place.

Make a to-do-list every single day if you have to, after sometime you will get organized on your own and you won't need to write everything down.

Whenever you feel lazy say "allahuma inni a'oudhu bika min al ham wa al hazan wa al 'ajz wa al kasal" and "la illaha illa allah wahdahu la shareeka lah, lahu al mulk, wa lahu al hamd wa huwa 'aala kuli shay'en qadeer".

I can tell you what worked for me, but everyone is different so just keep that in mind.

Cut out soda, don't add sugar to anything you drink, and cut back on salad dressings and anything that has high fructose corn syrup.

If you want to have juice make it yourself, don't buy pre- packaged juices they add sugar, preservatives, and coloring. Though it's best if you have the whole fruit, because when you juice you lose much of the fiber and that's not a good thing, and you are releasing the sugar. So it's better if you eat whole fruits, and vegetables.

When it comes to carbs, it's always better to stick with whole grain anything. Drink as much water as possible. Have some green tea, thyme, chamomile things that aid digestion instead of coffee or tea. But don't over do it, just a mug or 2.

Don't deprive yourself if you like eating chocolate have some dark chocolate, if you like french fries bake some sweet potatoes in the oven. Make small alterations, just so you don't feel guilty when you are snacking. Have some walnuts, pumpkin seeds, or some low fat yoghurt all of these will keep you fuller, and they will help you lose more weight because they have protein, and fiber (seeds).

Don't be depressed. Insha'Allah just making those small changes will help you. Be positive, surround yourself with positive people.

I don't know much about fitness or working out, so I will refrain from giving any advice on that. There are many members here that discuss fitness on the regular, and I am sure they will give you some advice. :)
          Last edited by ceeri_sista; 19-12-12, 02:40 PM.

Comment

AS Salaam Wa lai kum ,

Dear friends thank you for your kind words . Am feeling very good today I prayed all five times Salah :) Feeling good ! Insha allah I will continue in the same track and soon be a better person . :)

Shukriya dear friends .

Yet you can keep the advices pouring in . :)

Comment

Originally posted by ceeri_sista View Post
              First of all insha'Allah try to pray salaah on time. That is a must, say "allahuma a'ini 'ala dhikrika wa shurkika wa husn 'ibadatik" after every prayer.
              Make salah your priority, and insha'Allah everything else will fall into place.

Make a to-do-list every single day if you have to, after sometime you will get organized on your own and you won't need to write everything down.

Whenever you feel lazy say "allahuma inni a'oudhu bika min al ham wa al hazan wa al 'ajz wa al kasal" and "la illaha illa allah wahdahu la shareeka lah, lahu al mulk, wa lahu al hamd wa huwa 'aala kuli shay'en qadeer".

I can tell you what worked for me, but everyone is different so just keep that in mind.

Cut out soda, don't add sugar to anything you drink, and cut back on salad dressings and anything that has high fructose corn syrup.

If you want to have juice make it yourself, don't buy pre- packaged juices they add sugar, preservatives, and coloring. Though it's best if you have the whole fruit, because when you juice you lose much of the fiber and that's not a good thing, and you are releasing the sugar. So it's better if you eat whole fruits, and vegetables.

When it comes to carbs, it's always better to stick with whole grain anything. Drink as much water as possible. Have some green tea, thyme, chamomile things that aid digestion instead of coffee or tea. But don't over do it, just a mug or 2.

Don't deprive yourself if you like eating chocolate have some dark chocolate, if you like french fries bake some sweet potatoes in the oven. Make small alterations, just so you don't feel guilty when you are snacking. Have some walnuts, pumpkin seeds, or some low fat yoghurt all of these will keep you fuller, and they will help you lose more weight because they have protein, and fiber (seeds).

Don't be depressed. Insha'Allah just making those small changes will help you. Be positive, surround yourself with positive people.

I don't know much about fitness or working out, so I will refrain from giving any advice on that. There are many members here that discuss fitness on the regular, and I am sure they will give you some advice. :)
              AS salaam walaikum ,

Thank you so much for the duas . I will implement and use them in my life from now on for sure . :) Thanks sooo much :)

Comment

Start by tracking your life. At the end of the day, write down everything you did that day & the time it took. This will give you indication of where to cut down.

I am similar boat as you, i think its a desi character. I am always running late and doing things last min. I look at my coworkers who are on top of their task & always on time, I often wonder why me. I took a seminar which helped me motivate a bit better and as I am getting older I am becoming better.

One of my main problem i noticed after doing an evaluation of my time is that i put PLAY FIRST and WORK LATER, which makes me a present focused. You want your pleasure now instead of thinking about what is good for future. I think you might be in same boat.

Comment

The secret power of time with cool RSA animation
                  Will give idea of time & why we are the way we are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3oIiH7BLmg

Comment

as a general rule, first, realize that laziness is from shaytan, the prophet would make dua against laziness

so once you recognize and accept that, you realize that you are fighting against yourself, which means you are now a soldier

so do the things needed to win the battle

secondly, realize that its up to you to prioritize what needs to be done, if you can stay up late watching movies, you can watch those same movies after fajr (which you wont want to do eventually)

if you like playing video games, and you can stay up hours doing that, then realize these are priorities you have set up in your mind that you need to change

there is no good or benefit in video games, music, movies, etc (not saying haram, just mindless entertainment, that we tend to spend hours on)

then find things that are beneficial to replace them, turn off the tv, turn off the music, turn off the videos

look for good positive things to do, talk to people who do not live in TV land

if you change your attitude, the rest will follow
                    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

:salams

some really good advice given so far, specially AbuM's!^ & definitely keep reading Salaah...

Keep a food diary maybe or join a programme like weightwatchers/slimming world - Take your Mum/go with a friend for moral support if u need to? I know quite a few ppl who have used their eating points system & once you get into the habit of keeping track of what goes in, it makes it easier to choose only the good foods even after you leave? Inshaa'Allah!

as C_Sis said - Make lists!! to priorotise what needs doing during the day!!

Stop reading so late! :p to help u wake up early :d - Islamically i've read somewhere too, that you get more barakah in the am. Start off by waking-up that half hour - set ur alarm!! - earlier...

For exercise...start off by walking! Get into the habit of brisk walking even if it's jst a half hr a day? Which i know may not sound so appealing as you don't feel like going out especially at weekends but maybe take a friend with you? make it a social thing? or download ur fav nasheeds/Quraan on ur MP3 and listen to it whilst u walk?

May Allah grant u success in meeting your goals! & Keep us posted :d

You say your depressed & not at peace? Start remembering Allah (Subhanallah, Alhamdulillah, AllahuAkbar, Laailaahaa IlAllah - dhikr) in all the little things you do e.g. go up the stairs AllahuAkbar, down - Subhanallah etc & ponder over the meaning of what your saying :) ...try listening to the Quran :love:...In the rememberance of Allah do hearts find rest :inlove:
                      Last edited by ify; 19-12-12, 08:38 PM.
                      من صمت نجا

He who keeps silent saves himself (Tirmidhi, Ahmad).

Comment

I think you're puttin too much pressure on urself like settin too many goals at once.

Take little steps, make little changes.

Try to wake up at least 15-30mins before you usually do.

Take a small walk everyday for at least 15-30mins weekdays.

Jus make little changes, forget everythin else, baby steps and the rest will come together.

Take a bad thing outta ur life and replace it witha good thing.

You have 2 bars of chocolate a day now, replace that 1 bar with a fruit salad, that way u get the sweet taste but not the calories.

Slowly, u'll see a difference in ur energy levels.

I say this from experience, I was exactly like you, extremely lazy, failed on many things.
                        Then started makin small changes, and now those small changes had added up and my lifestyle is very different to what it used to be.

You'll start to feel better, look better and most importantly, hae the energy to fulfill ur religious obligations.
                        There is rest only in the aakhira.
                        Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
                        and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
                        then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
                        That's right, a nude dog.
                        The Deepweb is disgusting.
                        - Unknown -

Links
                        The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
                        Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X