Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do people call me "eccentric"? and feel disconnected...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do people call me "eccentric"? and feel disconnected...

I've been called "eccentric" for 10 years of my life, and any people who knows me in person easily call me that (or either "walking library"). I actually never feel negative about this label, and I'm not an autistic type who only lived in her own world. I socialized and hang out with girl friends. But I just don't understand, why? People always said "you're just 'unlike any other people around' "

I think I'm just a normal girl, only with unusual interests. Indeed I'm a bookworm and lived the "nerd" stereotype unless I don't wear glasses. I love philosophy, ancient technology (Atlantis, Osirian civilization, Sumeria, Egypt come to mind ), enigma behind human minds.... I can speak hours and hours on them and whatnot. But seriously can it really make you deserved the title "eccentric"?

My second question :

how many of you actually experience similar like this?

Everytime I looked upon people, somehow I feel I never really "belongs here with them" in a soul level, no matter how kind and warmly close we are. As if there is an invisible layer between us I cannot break, and I don't know why. Since I was a child, I like watching random people and reading their gesture, expression, what secrets they might hide behind their faces, what kind of life they go to.....But I often keep sort of an unconscious feeling "This world is crowded and full of people, yet I am here alone"

Is it normal to have that kind of feeling?
    :GB_bonesrock:
    And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Re: why do people call me "eccentric"? and feel disconnected...

U shud get married and busy your life with children, then they will ask u these questions and u will forget about ur own.

Comment

ameen insha Allah I will marry in 2013 (with a guy who people call as "nerd" too, lol).....

Comment

salam sis,
        these things happen to me too. but m ok with it. all my life i have never been the social butterfly more of the loner. but its amazing , the peace the tranquility of silence ,and the power of ur deep thoughts.
        yep its pretty normal to be like this-- just dont let it get excess to the level of destroying you. bcz same thing kinda happened to me some yrs back and to bring yourself back from deep trenches of powerful but pit less thoughts is way nerving. i remember, i used to cry on seeing a flower blooming-------- i know eccentric , probably yes. but thats the power of thought, it can make or break you. so watch were you r heading sis.
        The Masjid's are free, but empty,
        The Clubs are paid and full,
        Its free to enter Heaven
        But costly to enter Hell.

Comment

Salam Arachnide
          you just dance to a different tune and just coz other people don't get you, who cares!!!
          you sound very bright to me, someone interested in the world around them but just remember to give yourself that space in your head for other 'down to earth' activities like getting married and having children.

Your last paragraph tells me you feel 'lonely' :(
          insha allah, find some like minded people to get together. I don't know if your based in London but you could look up 'city circle'. They have sessions every Friday where they discuss anything and everythign from religion to culture.

May allah guide you to a like minded person :)

Comment

just forget what people say to you, you get called all sorts in life, i've been said far worse.
            Last edited by Magic.; 02-12-12, 10:54 PM.
            “And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help”

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

I guess its because people are always trying label or pin what kind of a person you are, Its a human thing.
              They can't understand you like your lord can
              O you who have believed, if you obey those who disbelieve, they will turn you back on your heels, and you will [then] become losers.

Comment

Originally posted by arachnide View Post
                I've been called "eccentric" for 10 years of my life, and any people who knows me in person easily call me that (or either "walking library"). I actually never feel negative about this label, and I'm not an autistic type who only lived in her own world. I socialized and hang out with girl friends. But I just don't understand, why? People always said "you're just 'unlike any other people around' "

I think I'm just a normal girl, only with unusual interests. Indeed I'm a bookworm and lived the "nerd" stereotype unless I don't wear glasses. I love philosophy, ancient technology (Atlantis, Osirian civilization, Sumeria, Egypt come to mind ), enigma behind human minds.... I can speak hours and hours on them and whatnot. But seriously can it really make you deserved the title "eccentric"?
                Some people love to label: good, bad, eccentric, geeky etc but remember that this says as much about them as it does about you..

Wear the badge with pride, but remember that someone who was interested in fashion and Eastenders would be eccentric in a group interested in philosophy, ancient technology and the enigma behind human minds!

My second question :

how many of you actually experience similar like this?

Everytime I looked upon people, somehow I feel I never really "belongs here with them" in a soul level, no matter how kind and warmly close we are. As if there is an invisible layer between us I cannot break, and I don't know why. Since I was a child, I like watching random people and reading their gesture, expression, what secrets they might hide behind their faces, what kind of life they go to.....But I often keep sort of an unconscious feeling "This world is crowded and full of people, yet I am here alone"

Is it normal to have that kind of feeling?
                Yes, but surely this is part of the human condition, maybe its just that some of us are more aware of it than others or maybe we dwell on it more.

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaLondon View Post
                  Salam Arachnide
                  you just dance to a different tune and just coz other people don't get you, who cares!!!
                  you sound very bright to me, someone interested in the world around them but just remember to give yourself that space in your head for other 'down to earth' activities like getting married and having children.

Your last paragraph tells me you feel 'lonely' :(
                  insha allah, find some like minded people to get together. I don't know if your based in London but you could look up 'city circle'. They have sessions every Friday where they discuss anything and everythign from religion to culture.

May allah guide you to a like minded person :)
                  Aww "dancing to different tune", that's right! :inlove: Have had several moments where people literally told me "it's like you're speaking stuff from other planet" lol wut? Perhaps the only like-minded person is my fiance, we can talk hours and hours about the twin soul from other star system, Qur'anic codes, the Pleiadians, what's (the always-mortal) Horus' aircraft might looked like, even the scientific proof (non-jinn causal) of telepathy. Of course I have rules too, to never ever let any of them interfere with my Islam aqeedah! But tell about them in here or to other people, and it would be easy to get labeled. :embar:

just forget what people say to you, you get called all sorts in life, i've been said far worse.
                  I know how it feels. From "goth" (not feeling negative, indeed I used to be one) to "drug user" (the worst slander!).

Wear the badge with pride, but remember that someone who was interested in fashion and Eastenders would be eccentric in a group interested in philosophy, ancient technology and the enigma behind human minds!
                  looooool ;)

ahhh thanks for the replies, guys! You're wonderful! :love:

Comment

thinking about what other people are thinking is using ur brain x10

Comment

Originally posted by cooldog View Post
                      U shud get married and busy your life with children, then they will ask u these questions and u will forget about ur own.
                      That's really not helpful in this situation. :P

OP, I wouldn't worry! I get called a walking encyclopedia, and often some jokes go straight over my head because I'm too focused on the tiniest details. I'm a huge nerd and geek (comic books, video games and everything!), and people are totally confused by that.

Comment

Originally posted by HmInh View Post
                        I get called a walking encyclopedia, and often some jokes go straight over my head because I'm too focused on the tiniest details. I'm a huge nerd and geek (comic books, video games and everything!), and people are totally confused by that.
                        :rofl1: yay! I got that one namecall too! "Walking library", "walking encyclopaedia", "walking dictionary".

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X