Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strong connection to people you might not really know ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strong connection to people you might not really know ?!

Assalam Alaikom warahmatollah wabarakatoh

I hope all of you ummah forumers are all well and healthy.

Well, probably you know i come every now and then with a not very common question, so yeah.I wanted to say that i have noticed that i feel often connected to people that i might not know well.How is that?

let us say that i go to this college and i see this woman everyday setting in the same place in the cafeteria drinking her coffee and doing her own business....and suddenly after a while this woman disappears.Usually i start thinking ...ohh i hope she is well and happy , i hope she isn`t sick or in trouble! Another scenario is if i see a total stranger lets say in a park, crying..i feel my heart really hurts and feel like hugging them (i do not do that though)! It is kinda strange and i do not really think it happens to many people.I lost track of how many times i would go on facebook to check on people that i do not have any relation with anymore (last time i talked to them might have been before 2 years) and i am not talking about people whom i was close with ,just people that i knew briefly, just to check that they are fine and to check how life is treating them.I DO THAT A LOT.I always feel that i should take care of someone.It kinda bothers me because my girlfriends are normal young girls and not try to be all "motherly" all the time.

One would think i am emotionally disturbed, but that is not the truth. MashaAllah TabarakaAllah my family is very loving and supportive and my mom and dad are a huge source of safety, kindness and affection to me and my siblings.I have friends who respect me and love me and i have a very normal life.

I do not know how i can stop worrying about others.Anyone feels the same? any ideas or advices ?

Ps : I am not trolling btw.
    Jannah is my aim

Re: Strong connection to people you might not really know ?!

sound like you just have compassion for ppl. do you think thas what it is?

Comment

Yes.But it it can be overwhelming many times.I even feel nostalgic to places too *facepalm* i dunno how i can reduce this or at least how i can direct it.
      Jannah is my aim

Comment

well it's a good trait but if it's overwhelming you then maybe you should try and remind yourself that you don't know this person. or convince yourself they are fine and try an step back a little. remember your own self too.
        "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
        (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
        He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Sometimes I feel the same...(Maybe a lot). I'll cry with you if I don't even know you, If I see someone cry...There I will join them (it's pathetic) but that's just who I am.

I think you have a good heart MashaAllah..

Comment

:wswrwb:

This is so funny one of my teachers was talking about this today, that kind of compassion is actually a sign that Allah loves you.

edit: Questionable source
            Last edited by Salams2All; 02-12-12, 04:09 AM.

Ibn Umar was asked, �Did the sahaba laugh?� He said, �Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.�

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Salams2All View Post

This is so funny one of my teachers was talking about this today, that kind of compassion is actually a sign that Allah loves you.
              Proof plz
              Obedience to Allah and His Messenger :saw: is from the foundations of Islam.
              If you refuse to do so, how then can you claim to be a Muslim?

Comment

Originally posted by ~ Jumana ~ View Post
                One would think i am emotionally disturbed, but that is not the truth.

No not at all sister, we all have those people that we sometimes see, and subhaan Allah, it's like you've always known them, or you immediately take their side.

I am reminded of the hadith of course from Al Bukhaari, from baab Al Arwaahu Junuudun Mujannadah.

Narrated by Aishah (ra):
                I heard the Prophet (:saw:) (:saw:), "Souls are like recruited troops: Those who are like qualities are inclined to each other, but those who have dissimilar qualities, differ."

Ever since I learned this hadith, it explained this phenomenon to me, because sometimes it's really uncanny. It's almost instant and there doesn't seem to be an immediate explanation.

If anyone wants further clarification for the hadith, more info can be found here, from IslamQA.
                والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by ~Salma~ View Post
                  Sometimes I feel the same...(Maybe a lot). I'll cry with you if I don't even know you, If I see someone cry...There I will join them (it's pathetic) but that's just who I am.

I think you have a good heart MashaAllah..
                  That makes us two.
                  Jannah is my aim

Comment

subhanallah, I think u are an empath. some said its a form of a modest psychic ability like clairvoyance, though I disagree it has this 'psychic' label. empath is someone who able to literally feel and absorb the emotional energy of others. so for example if an empath sit in the bus beside a grieving old lady, though she doesnt reveal her feelings, an empath can know she's grieving.
                    :GB_bonesrock:
                    And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Lol same here OP. I think I got it from my mother, may Allah bless her.

When I was in uni and living with my friends, I was the one who would look after the girls if one of them got sick. I don't know why but it comes naturally I guess. It can be overwhelming at times, but I have this uncontrollable need to make others feel loved and appreciated :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by ~ Jumana ~ View Post
                        Assalam Alaikom warahmatollah wabarakatoh

I hope all of you ummah forumers are all well and healthy.

Well, probably you know i come every now and then with a not very common question, so yeah.I wanted to say that i have noticed that i feel often connected to people that i might not know well.How is that?

let us say that i go to this college and i see this woman everyday setting in the same place in the cafeteria drinking her coffee and doing her own business....and suddenly after a while this woman disappears.Usually i start thinking ...ohh i hope she is well and happy , i hope she isn`t sick or in trouble! Another scenario is if i see a total stranger lets say in a park, crying..i feel my heart really hurts and feel like hugging them (i do not do that though)! It is kinda strange and i do not really think it happens to many people.I lost track of how many times i would go on facebook to check on people that i do not have any relation with anymore (last time i talked to them might have been before 2 years) and i am not talking about people whom i was close with ,just people that i knew briefly, just to check that they are fine and to check how life is treating them.I DO THAT A LOT.I always feel that i should take care of someone.It kinda bothers me because my girlfriends are normal young girls and not try to be all "motherly" all the time.

One would think i am emotionally disturbed, but that is not the truth. MashaAllah TabarakaAllah my family is very loving and supportive and my mom and dad are a huge source of safety, kindness and affection to me and my siblings.I have friends who respect me and love me and i have a very normal life.

I do not know how i can stop worrying about others.Anyone feels the same? any ideas or advices ?

Ps : I am not trolling btw.
                        Asalamu Alaikum WR WB,

Sounds to me like u have Taqwa. I am the exact same way and it causes me lots of grief at times. Say for instance I see a child being yelled at by a parent I don't even know, I feel sorry for the child and even want to hug the child. Sometimes children look at me like with the saddest look, I want to ask them what is the matter, but they are usually with their parents. Even when people wrong me I don't want anything bad to happen to them. When I was living in Africa, I remember it was cold in February, I saw a child who was literally with out a jacket sitting on the side of the table, cold. I asked the person whom I was with maybe they should give this child one of their coats, because I myself didn't have any, they looked at me like I had lost it. Honestly u are normal and we should strive to be this way, this is called having a heart and many of humans have lost it, that is why the world is the way it is. People only care about themselves and many times not even their families let alone strangers. I used to wonder why ALLAH(SWT) gave me the heart I have, it saddened me, because no matter how people hurt me I wanted good for them. That is why muslims should ask ALLAH taala for their hearts to be softened. Alhamdullilah for a heart ; )

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X