Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping Problems

I'm having sleeping problems.
    I dont sleep until around earliest 10:00PM. I just don't feel sleepy. My body is full of energy.
    I want to be normal in sleeping.,but I can't. I wake up 04:20AM, then go back to sleep until around 09:30AM.
    Are there ways to change this?
    نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله

Re: Sleeping Problems

Salaam

I have the same problem :(.
    "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

10pm is fine. i don't see anything wrong with your sleep routine

but then again i'm not one you should take advice from on this because i have a completly messed up sleep routine.
      "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
      (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
      He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Have you tried listening to the radio?
        "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
          It's all arabic.

Comment

Can you not download English speaking Islamic radio stations.

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
              Can you not download English speaking Islamic radio stations.
              OK, but what does radio help me with?

Comment

Perhaps, come back in a few years time.

When I was young listening to the radio helped me sleep.

Comment

This commonly happens to me, save for yesterday where I slept at 10:00 pm, went on sleeping all the way till right before fajr's time ended at 7:00 am, that's nine hours when I usually get by just fine with 5. Worst part is that I was sleepy all day as a result @[email protected], that's what happens when you sleep too much I suppose.
                  والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Follow the sunnah of going to sleep.

Pray Isha
                    Recite the three Quls (3x) on your hands and wipe them over your body. Begin with your head, then face and work your way down.
                    Recite Ayatul Kursi
                    Recite the last two ayat of Surah Baqarah
                    Dust your bed and say "بِاسْمِكَ رَبِّي وَضَعْتُ جَنْبِي، وَبِكَ أَرْفَعُهُ، فَإِنْ أَمْسَكْتَ نَفْسِي فَارْحَمْهَا، وَإِنْ أَرْسَلْتَهَا فَاحْفَظْهَا، بِمَا تَحْفَظُ بِهِ عِبَادَكَ الصَّالِحِينَ"

There are other du'as, but this is a good start.

Then lie down on your right side, right hand under your head and your left on your thigh. Make du'a to Allah and close your eyes.
                    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                    [2:186]

.:.
                    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376:4948168
                      Follow the sunnah of going to sleep.

Pray Isha
                      Recite the three Quls (3x) on your hands and wipe them over your body. Begin with your head, then face and work your way down.
                      Recite Ayatul Kursi
                      Recite the last two ayat of Surah Baqarah
                      Dust your bed and say "بِاسْمِكَ رَبِّي وَضَعْتُ جَنْبِي، وَبِكَ أَرْفَعُهُ، فَإِنْ أَمْسَكْتَ نَفْسِي فَارْحَمْهَا، وَإِنْ أَرْسَلْتَهَا فَاحْفَظْهَا، بِمَا تَحْفَظُ بِهِ عِبَادَكَ الصَّالِحِينَ"

There are other du'as, but this is a good start.

Then lie down on your right side, right hand under your head and your left on your thigh. Make du'a to Allah and close your eyes.
                      I can't sleep on my right :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Green786:4948149
                        The radio? Music!!! :no no: but beautiful Quran yes yes much better for the soul

Wait unless you mean islamic lectures :) yes yes

Comment

Originally posted by n0.n4m3 View Post
                          I'm having sleeping problems.
                          I dont sleep until around earliest 10:00PM. I just don't feel sleepy. My body is full of energy.
                          I want to be normal in sleeping.,but I can't. I wake up 04:20AM, then go back to sleep until around 09:30AM.
                          Are there ways to change this?
                          salam,
                          maintain good sleeping hygiene . your body should know when to shut down so as you can sleep and get rest and when to be alert.few yrs back i had the same problem. and the ans to this problem is to maintain good sleeping pattern. fix your time , that by this time i will go to bed n sleep, no music, news, newspaper, nothing, nada, zilch. just go to bed n think about sleep or may be do a little light reading but not more that 15 to 20 mins. then when at night your sleep breaks, dont think or get up, lie down and try to sleep, at your appointed waking up time, get up and leave your bed, dont sit on it or lay there staying awake , giving excuses to yourself like i'll get up in 5 mins. by doing this your body will not know when to be alert and when to be drowsy. in afternoon sleep for just 30 mins(siesta). this small amount of sleep will make you fully alert n fresh.
                          by maintaining a good sleeping pattern, you will be more alert, more attentive and most importantly happy.
                          hope this helps.
                          jazak alkhair
                          The Masjid's are free, but empty,
                          The Clubs are paid and full,
                          Its free to enter Heaven
                          But costly to enter Hell.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X