X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sisters only

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
    Just let it drag.

A woman asked Umm Salamah, the wife of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him): I am a woman whose garment drags, and I may walk through a dirty place. Umm Salamah said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “That which comes after it purifies it.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (143), Abu Dawood (383) and Ibn Maajah (531). The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 407.

If you are going to raise it up, make sure are aren't wearing tight shoes or khuff like men, becuase feet are part of awrah of women, atleast according to the Hanbali Ulema and therefore must be covered properly.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

If a woman wears pants or loose khuff (leather slippers), and the jilbab hangs over it so that the shape of the foot cannot be seen, this achieves the purpose, unlike the tight khuff (leather slippers) which shows the shape of the foot, because this is worn by men.
    Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa, 22/148
    Wait so according to the above, women's feet has to be covered as in by a cloak, but isn't socks and shoes sufficient enough?
    I thought only the flesh cannot be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by bint begum View Post
      Wait so according to the above, women's feet has to be covered as in by a cloak, but isn't socks and shoes sufficient enough?
      I thought only the flesh cannot be seen.
      The shape too should not be seen. It is best to wear the 3abayat longer than the feet.

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
        The shape too should not be seen. It is best to wear the 3abayat longer than the feet.
        But if I'm wearing shoes, how can the shape be seen? Only the shape of the shoe can, not the feet.

Comment

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Ahh alhamdullilahh glad sisters will benefit from this ideaa إن شاء الله !

Originally posted by Sam_87 View Post
          :wswrwb:

Thats big boy dedication safzis!

Lift it up slightly off the floor and make sure to wear a shorter abayah underneath, enough to cover your legs buts short enough to not drag on the floor (if that made any sense). Wear good waterproof boots (or but wellies) and have an umbrella with you.

My problem is what to wear underneath as a top, cant wear a coat as its too fattening :/
          Firstly i cant constantly keep holding my abaya because in my bag i carry such heavy bags and in my other hand im carryin the Quran. And also when its raining my abayas gets reaally wet and dirty from the bottom -.-

Oooh i dnt wear a coat, but i wear 2 abayas on then a cardigan, that keeps me warmm, and also wearing two abayas, when the wind blows towards u the shape of your legs wont showw الحمد الله
          "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Comment

Happened to me the other day, went out and it started to rain, my abaya was soaking wet and I didn't bring an extra -_-

Luckily I was about to get home already at that time.

Comment

I am teaching Basic Islamic Foundations, Tajweed, Quran, Salat and daily routine activities (Sunni Muslim) FREE OF COST through Skype in URDU and English.

Add my Skype: ismkhd
              or email on yahoo: letmeinform786

Jaza Kumullah hu kheran
              Assalam o Alykum
              Ismail Shah

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X