X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sisters only

salam aleykom
    so i wear the jilbab

but when it rains my dress gets all soaked and it's dirty because the floor is not clean
    so i was wondering how you sisters do in rainy days?
    I avoid going out when it's raining but i missed jumuahs prayer at the masjid just cos it rains which is ridiculous
    help me out :D
    Attached Files
    Last edited by anonymous~mehip; 29-11-12, 08:04 PM.

Re: sisters only

get an umbrella sis.
    Subhanallah its the worst when it gets soaked and dirty at the bottom but alhamdulilah it is to be expected, there is nothing you can really do, wear boots so they keep you legs dry.
    i do take it off and fold it over my bag sometimes when i get inside the mosque.

Do you wear khimar and abaya under your jilbab?
    O you who have believed, if you obey those who disbelieve, they will turn you back on your heels, and you will [then] become losers.

Comment

I have a loose trouser and boots under my jilbab so if the land is wet I can lift the skirt edge up to my quarter leg without it being exposed because of the boots or trouser. :p
      :GB_bonesrock:
      And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Originally posted by Umm-Aaliyah View Post
        get an umbrella sis.
        Subhanallah its the worst when it gets soaked and dirty at the bottom but alhamdulilah it is to be expected, there is nothing you can really do, wear boots so they keep you legs dry.
        i do take it off and fold it over my bag sometimes when i get inside the mosque.

Do you wear khimar and abaya under your jilbab?
        no i just wear another dress under which is more heavy in case there's some wind
        why would you wear a khimar under it? :D
        i wear normal clothes under
        :jkk: :)
        Last edited by anonymous~mehip; 29-11-12, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arachnide View Post
          I have a loose trouser and boots under my jilbab so if the land is wet I can lift the skirt edge up to my quarter leg without it being exposed because of the boots or trouser. :p
          yeah i have rain boots actually :rotfl: i walk funny when i have them on
          i guess i'll stick to wearing them because when it rains and got normal shoes, they get soaked too because of the dress being soaked lol eww, i hate going out when it rains!
          :jkk:
          Last edited by anonymous~mehip; 29-11-12, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Walaikumusalam warahmutallahi wabaraktuhu sis!

What i do is that i carry two abayas, one im wearing while im travelling and the other to wear it at the mosque, my classes are at the mosque and its soo far for me to travel and my abaya gets dirty on the way -.- so yeah once im at my class i quickly take off my travelling abaya and wear the nice clean abaya :up:
            "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Comment

Originally posted by safzis View Post

What i do is that i carry two abayas, one im wearing while im travelling and the other to wear it at the mosque, my classes are at the mosque and its soo far for me to travel and my abaya gets dirty on the way -.- so yeah once im at my class i quickly take off my travelling abaya and wear the nice clean abaya :up:
              loool, ohhh that's smart! :D inshaAllah I'll do that, :jkk: sis

Comment

:wswrwb:

Thats big boy dedication safzis!

Lift it up slightly off the floor and make sure to wear a shorter abayah underneath, enough to cover your legs buts short enough to not drag on the floor (if that made any sense). Wear good waterproof boots (or but wellies) and have an umbrella with you.

My problem is what to wear underneath as a top, cant wear a coat as its too fattening :/
                Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam

Comment

walaykoum wasalam

u clever thing :O my abayah sweeps up the whole of london!

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous~mehip View Post
                    no i just wear another dress under which is more heavy in case there's some wind
                    why would you wear a khimar under it? :D
                    i wear normal clothes under
                    :jkk: :)
                    I wear khimar because it covers my hair,neck and chest. it makes me feel more secure when wearing the jilbab and gives me the choice to take it off when i go inside without showing other women my hair. Also allows me to pray without wearing my jilbab.
                    O you who have believed, if you obey those who disbelieve, they will turn you back on your heels, and you will [then] become losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_87 View Post
                      :wswrwb:

Thats big boy dedication safzis!

Lift it up slightly off the floor and make sure to wear a shorter abayah underneath, enough to cover your legs buts short enough to not drag on the floor (if that made any sense). Wear good waterproof boots (or but wellies) and have an umbrella with you.

My problem is what to wear underneath as a top, cant wear a coat as its too fattening :/
                      i find with jilbab i dont get too cold masha'allah i wear a thick long cardigan and that tends to be enough.

Comment

My abaya length is always around 2 inches above my Achiles' heels. thats why it never sweeps anything :p

sis safzis, thats a good idea! although I prefer rain coat :D
                        :GB_bonesrock:
                        And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Ahhhh why didn't I think of doing this before

Comment

Ws.

My abaya goes down to just about almost below my ankles. It's hard to explain but when I don't wear trainers the abaya is on the ground, but when I do they're not. So the bottom doesn't get wet, it used to when I wore my old abayas; but I got the perfect ones now so it no longer happens.

Comment

Just let it drag.

A woman asked Umm Salamah, the wife of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him): I am a woman whose garment drags, and I may walk through a dirty place. Umm Salamah said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “That which comes after it purifies it.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (143), Abu Dawood (383) and Ibn Maajah (531). The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 407.

If you are going to raise it up, make sure are aren't wearing tight shoes or khuff like men, becuase feet are part of awrah of women, atleast according to the Hanbali Ulema and therefore must be covered properly.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

If a woman wears pants or loose khuff (leather slippers), and the jilbab hangs over it so that the shape of the foot cannot be seen, this achieves the purpose, unlike the tight khuff (leather slippers) which shows the shape of the foot, because this is worn by men.
                              Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa, 22/148

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X