my mum not letting me practice abaya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my mum not letting me practice abaya

19. 'Abdullah ibn 'Amr said, "A man came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said, 'I have come to make you a pledge that will do hijra although I have left my parents in tears." The Prophet said, 'Go back to them and make them laugh as you made them cry.'"

20. 'Abdullah ibn 'Amr said, "A man came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, wanting to do jihad. The Prophet asked, 'Are your parents alive?' 'Yes,' he replied. he said, 'Then exert yourself on their behalf.'"

Make du'a that your mom accepts it, but until she does don't wear it. It's better for you to cover yourself with some other clothing.
    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
      It's better for you to cover yourself with some other clothing.
      for a min there I thought that said something other THAN clothing. lol
      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
        Wow three people. Always nice to know you've got fellows, makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
        I could start my own fan group :up:

Comment

You remind me of whhen my mum would say 'You cant wear thowb l!!! You're gonna look different!!! '.
          Anyway, try to cover properly without abayah, and see where you get.
          نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله

Comment

Originally posted by nymph View Post
            [/B]
            salam, yep i wear a redaa, which like a chador. and the reasons are so illogical that i dont know what to do of it. both of my parents reacted in same way when i told them of my decision to do hifz of Quran. the reasons they gave were , you wont be able to retain, your granny was a hafizzah and she was not able to retain it. its difficult. So now what i do is , m doing my hihf of Quran al Kareem all by myself , secretly without a teacher as they said they wont let me get a teacher.
            so these are problems. i dont wanna hurt her but i dont wanna displease Allah subhan o taalla.
            so how do i find a mid way??
            jazak alkhair.
            I wanted to attend a Qur'an class somewhere around where I live maybe 3 yrs ago... Didn't happen. I made my mum very upset at me, I actually remember very clearly..

Fast forward a coupe of months since that day, my friend (may Allah reward her) introduced me to someone...

So I wanted to attend a Qur'an class, I got that, I wanted to do hifdh, I got that too, I wanted to have a good teacher, I got the best (alhamdulillah ya rabb) and the best thing my parents are happy for me. And I want to make them happy on yawmul qiyaamah..

You have no idea what Allah is keeping for you, just hold on for a little bit longer... :love:

Have sabr, make du'aa. May Allah rectify your affairs, ameen ya rabb.
            Last edited by Hamnah; 29-11-12, 11:59 PM.
            اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Hello sister

When I first time wearing headscarf (yeah just headscarf) my mum and grandma were protesting big time in disapproval! One time, she even hit my head with umbrella, ouch! Found out the reason was because they saw the muslimas headscarf wearers of our neighbor have a nasty manner, gossiping, bickering, and such. Second reason was because my dhikr and Qur'an recitation were not "strong enough" according to them. But I kept wearing it. I tried my best to prove them that hijab doesn't change me as a person, even makes me a better one.

Until as the time goes, they soften, and even pushed me to change clothes if I don't wear "proper covering" :rotfl: Now my mum gave me an abaya as my birthday gift, isn't that sweet! :love:

OK the point of this story is, you must understand WHY your mum don't let you wearing abaya?

She maybe worried her daughter would be extremist (thanks to media brainwash negativity), fear you will get no man proposing you, fear what society would think about you or family....

You must really understand her reasoning. And must assure her that abaya will not change you as a person.

If you can compromise with your mother, following her will ONLY AS LONG AS it's not haram, maybe you can do it. Like...if you push it into step 15 while the step 10 is already halal, and your mother wants you in step 10, then do it. Super duper loose biggie abaya is not more halal than a loose proper abaya that conceals all your bodily shape and awra according to Qur'an and Sunnah.

But if you still want what you want, then assure her, prove it to her, and gave a past prove (like hifz Qur'an) that your mother's worry is nothing more than false worries, because you exceed her expectation.

And last thought : PErsistence + Dua works :up:
              :GB_bonesrock:
              And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X