Judging other people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judging other people

I frequently hear that Judging people is not allowed because you don't know the state of their heart and their intentions.

But is not judging people at all practical?
    It is not possible to give people advice without judging them for example if someone is doing a wrong action you are judging them by saying to them what they are doing is wrong and they should not do it.

Is it possible to give advice without judging them?

Re: Judging other people

Informing is not judging. When you quote something in line with the Qur'an such as "disbelievers will go to Hell", you're speaking on God's behalf because He says that very thing in the Qur'an (God does have the authority to declare who will go to Hell and so forth). We don't have the authority to judge someone on Judgment Day, but God will; since He's commanded us to give dawah, we need to make sure that our preaching matches exactly what the Qur'an says. When you exalt your own assumptions over God's truths, that's when it's wrong. You cannot know the state of someone's heart if you see them sin one time because even the most pious men and women throughout history sinned.

For example: I don't know if Jim Bob is a disbeliever, but if he dies as a disbeliever, I know that he'll go to Hell because the Lord of the Worlds has declared just that (throughout all of human history and throughout the holy books of old [the Torah, Gospel, Psalms, etc.])
    Last edited by drac16; 17-11-12, 06:36 PM.
    "Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie." (surah 6:116)

Comment

It's easy to sort of getting judgmental, or feel like you are better than others when in reality you don't know whose scales are heavier.
      I try to be as nice and polite as possible when I am giving advice especially to people that I really care about. Although I do get impatient or a little pushy.

You just need to think before you talk, think about the nicest way you can give advice.
      It's really crucial to be kind, patient, and understanding because if you are not I don't think anyone would listen to you, let alone take that advice.

Comment

If someone states to another that doing something is haram/forbidden in Islam, its not really judging the other as you are just stating a fact from our religion. Its up to them whether they take heed or not and they shouldn't feel like they are being judged but some people do. I think its all about the phrase and tone we use that will show if we are judging or not.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X