• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslima303
    replied
    Re: What to choose?

aslaam aleikoum.

the third alternative is tablets, but they use ethyl alcohol in the process and it evaporates after that and does not remain in the finished product (is it true) and if so which is has least amount of alcohol this or the drops with alcohol solvent flavor (1,94 %) ? Or may the tablets remain more alcohol after evaporation compared to the drops?

Leave a comment:

• Muslima303
    replied

asalaam aleikum and thank you for your answers.

I have to take medicine, because of the anemia, so food is not enough.

If i take the alcohol alternative, would it be a major sin? Would my prayers be accepted? Is it really permissble to take the alcohol alternative if the other alternative may be harmful (but not sure?) ?

would be very thankful for answers as soon as possible.

asalaam aleikum.

Leave a comment:

• Mohamad
    replied

Originally posted by Muslima303 View Post
    inshallah, do you know any scholar i can ask online?

would be very thankful for answer
    Eat black cumin seed or Drink cold pressed unfiltered black cumin seed oil.

Period, no need for tablets or drops.

Leave a comment:

• Nashmia
    replied

well both could be considered haram due to the harmful effects, but best to seek help from a sheikh. i think it would come down to the least harmful which is the one with alcohol, as it is for medicinal purposes assuming there is no other third alternative

here is information saying if the alcohol in the medicine doesn't intoxicate then it is fine and vice versa

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/40530
    Last edited by Nashmia; 18-11-12, 05:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jannah7
    replied

where are you located and what school of thought do you follow, because there is some difference of opinion regarding using small amounts of alcohol in flavoring

Leave a comment:

• Muslima303
    replied

inshallah, do you know any scholar i can ask online?

would be very thankful for answer

Leave a comment:

• *asiya*
    replied

Originally posted by Muslima303 View Post
    asiya: yes i know, the other thread are about alcohol, this is about either alcohol and the other ingredient.
    thought maybe u just couldnt find your threads as u mentioned that here too http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post4933848

anyway no problem. best u ask a practising trustworthy muslim doctor rather than any of us, as no one here is medically qualified to answer your question. insha Allah you find the answer.
    Last edited by *asiya*; 16-11-12, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• *asiya*
    replied

dp
    Last edited by *asiya*; 16-11-12, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• x--x
    replied

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
    Lool

Leave a comment:

• Muslima303
    replied

asiya: yes i know, the other thread are about alcohol, this is about either alcohol and the other ingredient.

Leave a comment:

• *asiya*
    replied

:wswrwb:

your other threads are here sister http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ops&highlight=

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ets&highlight=

Leave a comment:

• Muslima303
    replied

Asalaam aleikum,

If you have information, or know who i can ask please share your information barakallahu feekom.

wa salam alaikum.

Leave a comment:

• Muslima303
    started a topic What to choose?

What to choose?

What do i have to choose if i have to choose between two alternatives of important medicine?

For example the first alternative that contain a small amount of alcohol (as a solvent in flavor) or the other alternative that contains "polysorbate 80" which research shows can be dangerous, cause infertiltity, deformation etc.) .
    Is it permissible (and is there a reason) to choose the first one because of the other harmful substance, or do i have to choose the second one because alcohol is haraam and harmful too? Is alcohol as a solvent in flavor intoxicating?

Would be very thankful for answers barakallahu feekom.

wa salam aleikum.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X