Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost and useless

Asselaam aleykum,

My imaan at the moment is very very weak. It has been high few times. But i just can not keep it on. I still pray but i feel no sincerity in it it doesnt come from the heart. May Allah swt forgive me. I prefer listening to music instead of surahs. Everytime a islamic channel comes on i feel like changing it. Its just so weird. I know im doing wrong. But i am too lazy to to something about it.

I feel like there are too much distractions, when i get home from uni i feel tired and go watch tv or start facebooking. It is so useless and i know it and still i keep doing it. I did delete my fb now, but what to do next?

I want to be close to allah swt by heart. They tell me read quran more often. I start doing it few days and then its just the normal routine of laziness again.
    I started to get angry very fast. Everyone knows i wasnt like this.

And its no only this. Even with my study. I never do my homework anymore. Feeling like it will be ok. All i want to do is watch tv and listen to music and read useless stuff. I lost motivation for anything.

Does anyone has good advice for me?

Re: Lost and useless

:wswrwb:

It just sounds like you're lazy? I mean, what's stopping you from sitting down, every day, say for like 15-20 minutes, read a page from the Qur'an and then read the tafseer of it.

Firstly, stop wasting time (TV and FB) and stop listening to music. Then do the above. I'm telling you, do this and be consistent and:

1) You will learn a LOT
    2) You can apply what you learn in your life
    3) You will earn the pleasure of Allah :insha: (Be sincere, of course)
    4) After some time, you'll look back and you'll realize that you actually achieved something beneficial

Ready...Set...Go! :up:
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by zaramuslima . View Post
      Asselaam aleykum,

My imaan at the moment is very very weak. It has been high few times. But i just can not keep it on. I still pray but i feel no sincerity in it it doesnt come from the heart. May Allah swt forgive me. I prefer listening to music instead of surahs. Everytime a islamic channel comes on i feel like changing it. Its just so weird. I know im doing wrong. But i am too lazy to to something about it.

I feel like there are too much distractions, when i get home from uni i feel tired and go watch tv or start facebooking. It is so useless and i know it and still i keep doing it. I did delete my fb now, but what to do next?

I want to be close to allah swt by heart. They tell me read quran more often. I start doing it few days and then its just the normal routine of laziness again.
      I started to get angry very fast. Everyone knows i wasnt like this.

And its no only this. Even with my study. I never do my homework anymore. Feeling like it will be ok. All i want to do is watch tv and listen to music and read useless stuff. I lost motivation for anything.

Does anyone has good advice for me?
      bump.

same with me. until now, I still don't know how to get rid of it :confused:
      any advice?

Comment

It's common for our imaan to go up and down. It's your job to constantly make sure you are consistent. Nobody can motivate you but yourself. Watch lectures on youtube daily, read a few verses a day of the quran and try to truly understand what it means. Make lots and lots of dua to Allah and when you have the urge to listen to music , listen to quran instead. Anytime you feel lazy or you're about to do something you shouldn't just say audhu bilahi minashaitanir rajeem and don't do it. Its all about self control. What will you say on Yawm al Qiyamah....that you were too lazy??

Comment

any recommendation whom lectures should I watch on youtube, sis :) ?

Comment

:wswrwb:

Listening to lectures is great, but I mainly know Arabic ones, not really much in English.

Still though, you can also try and find some good Muslim sisters who will push you to be better if possible. Also try to apply the little things you learn here and there. It could be anything, from the value of silence (silence is such a great thing, but so hard to master), to the heavy weights of some athkaar like "subhaan Allah wa bihamdih, subhaan Allahil `Atheem", light on the tongue, but very heavy on the scale. You say it when you have a spare moment, you just gain huge rewards, you will see piles of gold in heaven for it. Or how scholars used to never waste their time, how much they used to value it. Bombard yourself with this material, it will start to rub off on you and you will find you're moving a little more.

Also stay away from avenues that lead you to watching tv/listening to music. If possible, get rid of the tv for instance, or just cut it out. Especially the bad language and ideas you find in it, you have to really appreciate how disgraceful and loathesome these things are, and then in your heart you will not be able to take it lightly anymore, watching a tv show. It will be so hard on you, you can't enjoy it anymore and you will leave it yourself. But in order to reach this stage, you need to learn about all the many many reasons it's bad, and develop an identity as a Muslim, you have your actions, the kuffar have theirs, and we have nothing to do with their actions. Once you know this, you will fail to be amused by them easily, and you will cast away the material they present to you in order to waste your time and corrupt your ideals.
            Last edited by علي; 16-11-12, 03:26 PM.
            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

:salams

For those of us who dont know arabic or are thikning about it or find it hard or whatever other reason to avoid it loooool well, i used to be the avoiding type and then i listened to this lecture which blew my mind and since then alhamdulillah i have progressed to being able to read some surahs from qur'an in arabic without any help alhamdulilah!!

got a long way to go, one day i hope Allah will make it so i can listen to arabic lectures too and understand it, or when i see the shaykhs i learn from i can understand everything they say without asking him to explain it or waiting fro the translation...

please wtch it it is an hour long ish but SO WORTH IT!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAE3BNkFqDk

Comment

Originally posted by MidoriJo View Post
                any recommendation whom lectures should I watch on youtube, sis :) ?
                I don't have a lecture in mind, but go on youtube and type islamic lectures and see what videos pop up. The one good lecture for praying that I listened to is called sweetness to salah. It talks about the importance of salah and I'm sure it will be an eye opener in Sha Allah. One last thing, I think when one is lacking in knowledge regarding the deen it is harder to do the mandatory things like pray, fast or even wear the hijaab. You need to have an understanding of Allah, the messengers, the companions, the quran, hadith , paradise and hell fire and so on to truly appreciate islam.

We seek refuge in you, O Allah, from knowledge that does not benefit and from a heart which does not fear, Ameen

Comment

Check out Ummah Films, and look for "The Reminder" series of short films (5-7 minutes each). Baba Ali passes on some reminders about maintaining your deen and imaan and does so in an engaging way. He's not a scholar or an Imam or anything- just a Muslim brother trying to help keep people focused. I'm sure he'll put a smile on your face and lift your spirits along the way.

Comment

:salams
                    Mufti Menk is really motivational as well.
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

The truly "lost and useless" are those unbelievers who
                      uselessly waste their days and nights in committing evil and sin
                      until they meet our Lord and King -
                      Allah the Almighty on Judgment Day,
                      them non-Muslims they'll be full of regret for their wasting their time,
                      for their evil deeds and sins,
                      and for denying the truth of Islam and that Allah's love they didn't win
                      So unless you're a disbeliever or an atheist who never does a single good,
                      you're not useless; you should be Muslim -do as many good deeds as you should
                      to enter Heaven insha-Allah with the righteous
                      righteous Muslims whom Allah loves and who love Allah

Comment

ALLAH KNOWS BEST.

think properly about the sad state you're in,
                        maybe your sadness is because of the many
                        evil and a zillion sins you've been committing
                        erase them with good deeds sincerely for Allah
                        and you'll find yourself more joyous insha-Allah

muslimarvels.tumblr .com

Comment

Maybe a jinn possession issue - the quick anger thing is a dead ringer and sign.
                          The other thing could be if you have suffered an accident recently with head injury. is that the case?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X