Short videos of wildlife that occurs in my backyard on a daily basis. :up:

لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Re: Some Wildlife in the backyard

Baby iguana escaping the bigger one

Comment

Crows 1 - 0 Iguana
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Iguana trying to chase away Magpies

Comment

That's cool! Is the iguana yours, or he is just passing by?

All I hear is dog shouting and barking at each other, city life sucks.

Comment

I was hoping for something more exciting, like an elephant.

Comment

youtube blocked =/

Comment

Aw dude, I love this sort of stuff. You have one awesome backyard, reminds me of mine back home in MY. I used to get large monitor lizards and iguanas as well along with beautiful golden skinks. But I never saw this kind of thing, all the shots I have for them were gotten with intense sneaking tactics or when I caught them (after lots of work), these interactions you filmed I only saw something similar to that once, and it lasted five seconds. Huge monitor lizard was eying one of our chicken like it was hungry, so I went to the door and opened it. Thing disappeared before I even stepped out the door, that's how skittish these things are here.

But yes, awesome backyard, thanks for sharing! Wildlife around the house is pretty much the best thing ever as far as I'm concerned, life is painfully drab without it.

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                youtube blocked =/
                Two words:

Proxy.
                والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

that is so true, life in the city keeps you out of touch from the other amazing creatures of allah
                  You miss the garden, because you want a small fig from a random tree. Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post

Two words:

Proxy.
                    proxy doesnt allow viewing of vids , jz text and pics.

Comment

Oh my bad. Ya come to think of it I never did try it for vids. Only time I used one was to access a forum I got banned from by accident.
                      والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by geeksupremo View Post
                        That's cool! Is the iguana yours, or he is just passing by?

All I hear is dog shouting and barking at each other, city life sucks.
                        nope they are just free to roam around in this area. dont belong to anyone. also they are protected species so people can't harm them.

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                        I was hoping for something more exciting, like an elephant.
                        you disappointed Miss Double Cross?

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                        youtube blocked =/
                        dang! are you sure? how are you able to survive? Did the authorities got to know that you spending half your day on youtube and hence its been blocked? Or just check your ISP settings, dad might have blocked seeing you on YT everyday, lol

Originally posted by brit View Post
                        that is so true, life in the city keeps you out of touch from the other amazing creatures of allah
                        Originally posted by علي View Post
                        Aw dude, I love this sort of stuff. You have one awesome backyard, reminds me of mine back home in MY. I used to get large monitor lizards and iguanas as well along with beautiful golden skinks. But I never saw this kind of thing, all the shots I have for them were gotten with intense sneaking tactics or when I caught them (after lots of work), these interactions you filmed I only saw something similar to that once, and it lasted five seconds. Huge monitor lizard was eying one of our chicken like it was hungry, so I went to the door and opened it. Thing disappeared before I even stepped out the door, that's how skittish these things are here.

But yes, awesome backyard, thanks for sharing! Wildlife around the house is pretty much the best thing ever as far as I'm concerned, life is painfully drab without it.
                        true. Thats one of the reason I enjoy living in this area even tho there aren't many muslims but calm and peaceful area, nice wildlife.. its quite nice

Comment

Well we have wildlife too!

Last weekend I saw a spider on the leaf of my plant while I was trimming the leaves. I jumped back a metre!
                          Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
                            Well we have wildlife too!

Last weekend I saw a spider on the leaf of my plant while I was trimming the leaves. I jumped back a metre!
                            You think that's bad? A week and a half ago, it was late at night and I saw something crawling alongside my front door. Basically, and I say this with straight frankness, it was the largest spider I have ever seen in America outside of a cage.

Did it compare to the ones I saw in Malaysia? No. However, it was a dark brown color with a creamy coffee colored abdomen. It was walking while opening its mouth wide revealing to really sharp hooked fangs. I suspect it to have been the brown recluse spider, it seriously looked like one and we get those in my area. For those who do not know, the brown recluse spider, when it bites, the entire area where it bit burns and falls off in one large chunk. It can be deadly, I think there are two deaths per year or something due to it.

Described it to my brother, he was like sounds like a brown recluse, your description matches what I have in my book 100%.

Anyway, I killed that spider and slept with the lights on that night.

Comment

^^ sounds scaryyyyyy

the iguana is soooooooooooooooo cute mashaAllah

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X