Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adopting instead of having kids

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
    Blood is not everything, i don't get the "why dont you have your own kids" question. It's like the sister swore something
    She brought it up so it's just being discussed.

I just find it strange for a Muslim to have that opinion.

That's just me I guess.
    Last edited by .Kid.; 12-11-12, 07:45 PM.
    "O friend, the cloth from which your burial shroud will be cut may have already reached the market and you remain unaware." Imam al-Ghazali R.A.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

Originally posted by .Kid. View Post
      She brought it up so it's just being discussed.

I just find it strange for a Muslim to have opinion.

That's just me I guess.

It's not being discussed, no one has answered the simple question, she's just being branded as a weirdo who doesn't want to give birth like "what? Why Why but you can do both why why why"/
      My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

It's not being discussed, no one has answered the simple question, she's just being branded as a weirdo who doesn't want to give birth like "what? Why Why but you can do both why why why"/
        She already got her answer.

But now her view point is being discussed and why she holds to it.
        "O friend, the cloth from which your burial shroud will be cut may have already reached the market and you remain unaware." Imam al-Ghazali R.A.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

Yes, I have provided a link to help answer the sister's question.
          "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

She already got her answer.

But now her view point is being discussed and why she holds to it.
            And she said
            I choose not to have them. I don't have to have some huge big reason, I just feel more comfortable this way and happier if I feel like I'm helping a soul that has already been brought into this world (and might go to hell) than bring an extra one. But that's just me
            My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
            Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
              Why would you not want your own children.
              You can also adopt but normally people adopt if they cannot reproduce.
              I think I can partly explain the sister's disinterest in having her own children, as I'm someone who would like to have kids but not have my own kids.
              Not everyone has the desire to physically have their own children. Really. When I think of taking care of kids, I know that I'd be interested in that part. The "pregnancy" and "giving birth" part I am not at all interested in. I don't like the idea of feeling like my own body is changing rapidly (without me being able to control it to a point), I don't like the idea of that kind of attention on me or anything I would bring to this world... and I don't like that idea that I would "bring something into this world". As emotional as a response can get, it just makes me purely nauseous and ill to think about myself pregnant.

Again, I adore children (as I'm sure the OP does too). People are kind of shocked at how I can relate and play with children, but at the end of the day... my own personal nightmare (besides Hell) is definitively being pregnant.

Comment

I agree,,i dont get why everyone is so pushy why why why at her, sheesh

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                  I agree,,i dont get why everyone is so pushy why why why at her, sheesh
                  We need to know her manhaj status.

ON or OFF?

Comment

wow...you guys need to calm down.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

wow...you guys need to calm down.
                      btw, people have divorced for far less...

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                        btw, people have divorced for far less...
                        ..?

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

To me having kids is not so much about a desire to do it, but more about a religious duty.
                          Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

Dua of the child for the parent even after their death is accepted. That alone is enough insha'Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by inprogress View Post
                              To me having kids is not so much about a desire to do it, but more about a religious duty.
                              But most sheikhs I've spoken to have mentioned that while it's incredibly encouraged, it's not at all obligatory to have children.

(Again, you did mention that for you it's a religious obligation... so maybe I'm reading too much into that statement! Sorry! :o)

Comment

Why not both though? there is a lot of blessings that come with having your own kids. Especially for a mother, just opens the gates of Jannah for you.

You could have adopted kids at the same time!
                                Nope :)
                                Why not have the doors of jannah open for me for saving already born souls from eternal jahannam? :) I think it is a bit selfish to think that people NEED to bear children. Being a mother is not giving birth to a baby, being a mother is raising, helping, loving and cherishing your child. Not many people can live up to the "mother" status.
                                Last edited by R.Aisha; 12-11-12, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X