Adopting instead of having kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adopting instead of having kids

I was wondering if it's permissible to adopt kids instead of give birth to your own. Breastfeeding isn't a problem because there are pills that make women lactate (breastfeeding the child makes them mahram). I'm definitely thinking of adopting instead of having my own kids, even though I'm perfectly capable of having my own. I think that there are already so many children born into this world without parents who don't ever learn the deen, and why bring extra ones into this world when I can save souls that were already born :)

Re: Adopting instead of having kids

Why not have your own and also adopt?
    Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

Originally posted by inprogress View Post
      Why not have your own and also adopt?
      I don't think so :) I don't feel like having kids. There is no rule that you MUST bore one from your body.

Comment

You will likely eventually get the urge to have one bore right from your body. It is an experience worth having.
        Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

You will likely eventually get the urge to have one bore right from your body. It is an experience worth having.
          Not everyone has those feelings or wants the experience of pregnancy and childbirth.
          If I somehow develop those feeling, I'll have kids (which I highhhhly doubt). I was asking if it was permissible to adopt.

Comment

You can take care of orphans, but it is not considered the same as your own child in terms of lineage, inheritance, and relationships. I am not sure if it is permissible to decide not to have any kids without a valid reason.

Comment

Of course you can adopt. Whether you'll find a man who will agree to marry you on such a condition is another question.

Comment

She doesn't have to be married to adopt, at least this is what i have been told. Im thinking the same even if my mum is going to kill me ever after.

Adoption is so abandoned, then you have people crying over gays adopting without doing their duty towardds their brethren
                My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                  She doesn't have to be married to adopt, at least this is what i have been told. Im thinking the same even if my mum is going to kill me ever after.

Adoption is so abandoned, then you have people crying over gays adopting without doing their duty towardds their brethren
                  I presumed she was talking about after marriage because you can't really have a kid when you are single.

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
                    I presumed she was talking about after marriage because you can't really have a kid when you are single.
                    Nope, hence the adoption option! Well not to be negative or what, but since some people have trouble accepting blood children, an adopted one..............allow me to be very sceptical
                    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
                      If you adopt you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                        Nope, hence the adoption option! Well not to be negative or what, but since some people have trouble accepting blood children, an adopted one..............allow me to be very sceptical
                        What are you saying?

Comment

If you adopt you can.
                          By have a kid, i meant bear one, not just have one by you side.

Comment

am sorry but you're willing to take pills to make you lactate but wouldn't go thru producing milk the natural way? some of these pills are known to have side effects..

have you thought about fostering orphans? adopting a child won't really make them your own you know

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              am sorry but you're willing to take pills to make you lactate but wouldn't go thru producing milk the natural way? some of these pills are known to have side effects..

have you thought about fostering orphans? adopting a child won't really make them your own you know
                              What do you mean by your last statement? Who's kids would they be if you hadn't taken care of them because their biological parents didn't want them.
                              Some people just don't want to go through the process of having children. I, myself, don't like the idea of having kids but I would definitively adopt. Some people just don't have the urge to have their own children. :P

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X