X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nymph
    replied
    Re: salah

when i m on my own and doing salah, its not so bad, but when i pray with others, i get nervous, start stressing im gonna mess it up, and soemtimes i do mess it up, and then i feel stupid and lose complete sight of it, i mean i carry on, but all im wandering is omg have i messed it up?! does this happen to anyone else? what is my problem, why cant i just concentrate like i do when im alone and not make mistakes?
    assalam o alaikum sis,
    like you, i have also went down this road, but probably in slightly different way. when i used to pray with others it was completly fine, but when alone, i used to mess a lot probably like you, and then i chalked out my problem to a hafiz teacher who used to come to teach me Quran Al-Kreem. and the solution is-------- put ur heart in praying to Allah subhan o talla , put ur heart in how to make your salah more beautiful in sense to make it more better. dont think about people, or what they gonna think and say. think, in salah u r prostrating before the Almighty Allah. and most imp ask Allah suhan o talla to save you from waswassas of shaitan, ask Allah to help you make the best salah.
    shaitan will always be there to put distractions in our heart n mind. but we have to make our faith strong. sometimes even doing wazoo get difficult for me-- shaitan whispers in heart-- go do taimum-- but thats not the right way.
    sometimes offering nafl gets difficult, i give lots of reasons to my own self. this all is waswassas of shaitan.
    sometimes when i have these kind of urge to let go of nafl salah. i only think of one thing --- maybe this salah which m offering be the last of my life -- so try to make it better -- better in the way which is pleasing to Almighty Allah.
    hope this helps
    jazak alkhair
    Last edited by nymph; 05-11-12, 04:37 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Leave a comment:

• Slave4akhirah
    replied

Originally posted by Nashmya Imtiaz View Post
    you're being self conscious. when you pray keep in your head who cares about others, but your salah is for Allah swt alone and it's just you and him. eventually you'll be fine, you just have to keep at thinking that way
    more than caring about others, i start to question whteher im making any mistakes or not, and that happens as soon as i enter the masjid, even on my way there i start stressing out thinking once again im gonna make some mistake

for those that are thinking oh its easy to follow when you are following........to me it was and still is a bit alien , and sometimes, when im at masjid, im there after teh prayer time, so then i pray alone anyway, (people are around), and im fine but when im there at the allocated time, thats when things start going wrong...

what happens when you in the 3rd rakah (say maghrib), and they dont recite aloud then, you do your own and then you hear allahu akbar and you gotta get up but you havent finished reciting what you were reciting to yourself?!

...im better off at home alhamdulillah

Leave a comment:

• Nashmia
    replied

you're being self conscious. when you pray keep in your head who cares about others, but your salah is for Allah swt alone and it's just you and him. eventually you'll be fine, you just have to keep at thinking that way

Leave a comment:

• Slave4akhirah
    replied

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
    Its cuz your nervous youll mess up cuz people might be watching you but then you end mesing up anyway. im the same way i got all red and my cheeks get hot lol it happened to me when i first got married and had to do salat with him :o lol
    awwww thats so cute hun :) im guessing that it got better once you got used to him inshallah rihgt?!

Leave a comment:

• |Sister|
    replied

Originally posted by Slave4akhirah View Post
    :jkk:

alhamdulilah i can carry on at home alone! :jkk:

was not aware of this, now i dont need to worry and can just improve further, my salah at home more inshallah
    Yes we get more reward for staying at home, as women. But, I remembered something that might encourage you a bit next time you are out with sisters and feel nervous to pray.

I read a lecture transcript that said something like, it is a trick of the shaytan to make one nervous or shy to do fard things. If a Muslim is pious and he cannot convince them to do haram, he instead makes them so afraid of riyaa (showing off) or being noticed by others that he prevents them from doing halal. I am paraphrasing here, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Slave4akhirah
    replied

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    Women are encouraged to offer their salaah at home and individually; in Hanafi fiqh, it's more superior for women to pray individually.

Umm Salama (RA) narrates that the Messenger of Allah said: (Musnad Ahmad & Tabrani)

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (RA) narrates that the Messenger of Allah said: (Sunan Abu Dawud)

Sayyida Umm Salama (RA) narrates that the Messenger of Allah said:

alhamdulilah i can carry on at home alone! :jkk:

was not aware of this, now i dont need to worry and can just improve further, my salah at home more inshallah

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Women are encouraged to offer their salaah at home and individually; in Hanafi fiqh, it's more superior for women to pray individually.

Umm Salama (RA) narrates that the Messenger of Allah said: “The best Mosque for a woman is the inner part of her home.” (Musnad Ahmad & Tabrani)

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (RA) narrates that the Messenger of Allah said: “Do not prevent your womenfolk from attending the Mosque, even though their houses are better for them.” (Sunan Abu Dawud)

Sayyida Umm Salama (RA) narrates that the Messenger of Allah said: “A woman’s prayer in her inner room is better than her prayer in the outside room, and her prayer in the outside room is better than her prayer in the courtyard, and her prayer in the courtyard is better than her prayer in the Mosque.” (Mu’jam of Imam Tabrani)

Leave a comment:

• Slave4akhirah
    replied

If it's easier for you to pray on your own, then pray on your own. :insha:
    i thought this, thats why initially,after learning how to pray, all i did, was pray at home, but then your aware of people going to masjid for salah, so i thought i should go sometiems right, so i started going thinking that i should make the effort to go and pray, why am i taking easy way out and doing it at home all the time, i dont know , is it ok, to not go masjid for prayers?

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

If it's easier for you to pray on your own, then pray on your own. :insha:

Leave a comment:

• Slave4akhirah
    replied

also, when i started to go masjid sometimes for salah, i just thought it owuld be like when im at home, then i see how it is different, and ive been trying to grasp it, but, i tend to do salah at home usually, only like eid salah that kind of thing or tarawih, but i think maybe i need to learn about praying at masjid or soemthing?

Leave a comment:

• Slave4akhirah
    replied

Originally posted by .Kid. View Post
    :wswrwb:

If you are following than you should know what rakat you are on by following the leader.

This could also be a form of prettying the Salah for people.

Pray as if you are home, don't worry about others.

We all loose concentration sometimes but this seems to have gone a bit over board.
    i do try pray as if i am at home, all i want to do is do it right for Allah azzawajjal and not be a loser inshallah i shall try much more harder

Leave a comment:

• Slave4akhirah
    replied

im gonna just focus more and ask Allah azzawajjal to help me be better in shaa Allah

Leave a comment:

• Slave4akhirah
    replied

If you're following, then you just follow, so how do you forget and mess up?

You can delay doing the movements and wait for other to do it. For example, when it's time to go to sujood, wait 1-2 seconds, when other are half way down, you can do down then, and so on.
    sometimes i forget if ive done sujood once, or two times, so can mess up. im not used to praying around people i guess and then make it harder that it has to be

and the delaying means focusing on others when im trying to focus on me, and again, that gets me stressed out

Leave a comment:

• *aisha*
    replied

Originally posted by Slave4akhirah View Post
    i dont want it to be like this though, i want it to be the best in shaa Allah :)

i really try and focus on being alone regardless of people around, but i still mess up , silly of me
    Yah I know me either i hate it and i feel so embarressed and I dont want anyone to think like I dont know what im doing:( I hate it

Leave a comment:

• .Kid.
    replied

:wswrwb:

If you are following than you should know what rakat you are on by following the leader.

This could also be a form of prettying the Salah for people.

Pray as if you are home, don't worry about others.

We all loose concentration sometimes but this seems to have gone a bit over board.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X