Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weights Lifting ... questions

Assalamu Alaikom

I have a question ...i have heard that if you start lifting weights and then for some reason stop doing that then your arms will be in much worse shape than before you started lifting weights ...a.k.a flabbier arms than before lifting ! any idea guys ?

I like lifting weights but ppl keep scaring me of the results if i slack of later and stop doing that.

Another question....what are the weights you recommend women to start with ..how many kgs ?and when do you know you are ready to lift a heavier weight?

THANKS EVERYBODY :D
    Jannah is my aim

Re: Weights Lifting ... questions

The bigger they are the more they will sag when they get soft. If you looking to tone up with weights no problem. You muscle mass won't increase just get firmer.

I suggest 1.5-2.5 kgs.

Comment

Originally posted by ~ Jumana ~ View Post
      Assalamu Alaikom

I have a question ...i have heard that if you start lifting weights and then for some reason stop doing that then your arms will be in much worse shape than before you started lifting weights ...a.k.a flabbier arms than before lifting ! any idea guys ?

I like lifting weights but ppl keep scaring me of the results if i slack of later and stop doing that.

Another question....what are the weights you recommend women to start with ..how many kgs ?and when do you know you are ready to lift a heavier weight?

THANKS EVERYBODY :D
      not really. if youve built any size on your arms then they will get a bit smaller but the flabbiness thing is IF you dont decrease your calories when you pack in training youll gain some bodyfat there. or bingo wings is the technical term i belive :)

if your just training to firm up then you need to look at how many reps your doing. aim for a weight that will let you get around 12 reps or so. that weight could 2kgs or 10 kgs, only when you try to get the reps will you find out. the lower the reps you get (around 8 or so) is more a bodybuilding rep range. lower again is stregnth building.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

:wswrwb:
        Generally, women do not gain muscle mass like men unless they are on steroids. And worse shape is subjective. I like to think of shape in terms of strength and endurance, not appearance. Start off very light as it seems you are looking to tone. Weight depends on person.
        To the people who feel obligated to reply to every single thread even if with a lol:
        Not every thread demands [one's] input, some are more advanced than [one's] thinking, so read and learn.
        Others are of subjects [one] has discussed many times before [so] just read them to see how others feel about a subject.
        - AbuM

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is an "urban Myth". Muscle does not turn into fat. Like Silures said if you continue to eat the same amount when you are training and not training then that calorie in-take becomes fat and not Muscle. The Muscle itself does not transform.

Most people don't train constantly, life gets in the way. Personally I can attest to the slight decress in size and not being as "pumped" as while training but nothing as dramatic as "bingo wings" lol

Edit - The weight programme you(Men) use won't directly translate to the programes that women use. Unless those women want to look more masculine.
          www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

walaykoum wasalam

u wont be in worse shape but ur muscles would slowly starts to atrophy. try 2 to 3kg or kettlebell 8kg

Comment

Thank you so much guys :D

Allah bless you all

Just one more thing that i want to clarify....so if i want to lift weights (to tone up)then i have to increase my calorie intake ?
              Last edited by ~ Jumana ~; 01-11-12, 12:15 PM. Reason: error
              Jannah is my aim

Comment

Just one more thing that i want to clarify....so if i want to lift weights (to tone up)then i have to increase my calorie intake ?
                No, Calorie increase is only necessary if you want size gains. You can become stronger or tone without the muscle bulking up (although a strong muscle is generally larger).

For just toning I'd recommend body-weight excercises. Pilates is also really good despite its "girlie image". A lot of the MMA workouts heavily involve pilates.

Comment

Pilates are cool..it really helps to tone the body although i do not think it increases size (which i think is great)!

Honestly EVERY reply was useful mashaAllah.
                  Jannah is my aim

Comment

Thank you so much guys :D

Allah bless you all
                    If you are looking to seriously tone up try ''Insanity''. It's an intense fitness program filled with maximum-intensity exercises with short periods of rest. No weights for this one. It's not easy but it works.

Comment

Pilates are cool..it really helps to tone the body although i do not think it increases size (which i think is great)!

Honestly EVERY reply was useful mashaAllah.
                      ╰☆╮The Qu'ran is the Fuel of the Muslim's Heart.╰☆╮

Comment

Hmmmm....i seem to have yet another question *facepalm*

Can anyone recommend exercises that tone up the triceps muscle (especially)?

I follow these exercises

Link:

http://www.lakii.com/vb/a-8/1-247502/
                        Last edited by ~ Jumana ~; 01-11-12, 12:27 PM. Reason: wrong link..lol
                        Jannah is my aim

Comment

In addition to those in the link, straight punches and dips (I don't think dips were there) also work the triceps.

Comment

Hmmmm....i seem to have yet another question *facepalm*

Can anyone recommend exercises that tone up the triceps muscle (especially)?

I follow these exercises

Link:

http://www.lakii.com/vb/a-8/1-247502/
                            The first exercise works the tricep, but you can add bench dips:
                            either
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdDfnjDPjHA
                            or
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

the bent knee is easier and you can move the feet further away as you progress, even to the point of adding weights on your lap!

EDIT: Just looked through your exercise regime and you seem to be doing enough exercises for the tricep.

Sister Geeksupremo is right tarabata burpees, I can feel the pain right now, are very good!
                            Last edited by abubakarbristol; 01-11-12, 01:01 PM.

Comment

try some burpee
                              "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X