Does Islam require hate??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ana the Ist
    started a topic Does Islam require hate??

Does Islam require hate??

On another forum an Islamic woman told me something that was one of the saddest things I've ever heard. She said that Islam required her to hate those that Allah hates. She mentioned that this was not an "emotional" hatred but rather a type of "religious" hatred (insisting that there is a difference). She gave a short list of who she must hate (disbelievers etc.) and she mentioned that the form of Islam she followed was stricter than most (I don't remember what it was).

Is this true...or is she mistaken? Does Allah ask that you hate certain people?

Any more information on this would be greatly appreciated....

Thank-you.

• Abu Mus'ab
    replied
    Re: Does Islam require hate??

You see the main problem with everyone is that they don't understand the meaning of hate.

Allaah hates the oppressors, and the proud ones, and the kuffaar etc etc, does that mean that Allaah is unjust to them? Does that mean Allaah is not kind to them?

It is a folly to believe that Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam did not hate those that Allaah hates, likewise it's a folly to believe that the Sahaabah would have any love for such people.

But despite all that, did they treat anyone unjustly? No.

Leave a comment:

• $HugoBoss$
    replied

I don't think we should hate anyone, you never know who will jump ship.

Surely Allah dislikes the polythiests etc but we should still be kind and merciful to them like our beloved prophet did.

He is our roll model and we follow his every foot step, he did not hate anyone and neither should we.

Leave a comment:

• aamir_2012
    replied

Islam is a religion of Peace and never advocates hating others.Its a western propaganda to defame Islam and fellow muslims
    Last edited by aamir_2012; 09-01-13, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ahmed_abdullah
    replied

Originally posted by Ana the Ist View Post
    "Do you like thiefs, murders, rapists, two-faced people?"
    Of course not.

" It's the same in Islam, we dislike Injustice, what's bad, evil."
    So...do you think that disbelievers are bad/evil?
    :start:

A disbeliever happens to do injustice in not believing in Allah and the messenger of Allah May Allah have peace upon him.At the same instance if a beliver happen to do the same.He is hated and punished as well.

Islam is a realistice religion.

Leave a comment:

• Harris.
    replied

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    You lot.
    LOL. You made my day, brother

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

Who is "they"?...
    You lot.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Mus'ab
    replied

Of course not.

Yes, we believe they are evil criminals.

Any other questions?

Leave a comment:

• Ana the Ist
    replied

Originally posted by ~Salma~ View Post
    ana the Ist

Do you like thiefs, murders, rapists, two-faced people?

No? I'm sure you hate them?

It's the same in Islam, we dislike Injustice, what's bad, evil. Everything that our lord has forbidden us is harmful to us. He's looking out for us.

But do we go around cutting heads because we don't like bad people, Immorality etc? Nope. Islam teaches us to leave that which doesn't concern us.
    Of course not.

Leave a comment:

• ~Salma~
    replied

ana the Ist

Do you like thiefs, murders, rapists, two-faced people?

No? I'm sure you hate them?

It's the same in Islam, we dislike Injustice, what's bad, evil. Everything that our lord has forbidden us is harmful to us. He's looking out for us.

But do we go around cutting heads because we don't like bad people, Immorality etc? Nope. Islam teaches us to leave that which doesn't concern us.

Leave a comment:

• Ana the Ist
    replied

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    The question is really quite simple.

Hate is an innate human emotion. Islam, as a complete system, has provided the best way to 'channel' or 'control' this emotion (just as love, anger, sadness etc.).

The premise here seems to be that we shouldn't hate what Islam teaches us to hate, but we should hate what 'they' want us to hate.
    Who is "they"?

I don't think anyone or anything should decide for someone what they love or hate. Indeed, if you cannot decide such things for yourself, then you will always be subject to those who do think for themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Mus'ab
    replied

I don't have time to read this whole thread, but yes, we love and hate for the sake of Allaah, and that is part of our deen.

Leave a comment:

• Elsie
    replied

People don't convert to a religion they think hate them. Do they ?!?
    Certainly. There are people who want to feel superior to 'outsiders'. They want to believe themselves to be special.

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

The question is really quite simple.

Hate is an innate human emotion. Islam, as a complete system, has provided the best way to 'channel' or 'control' this emotion (just as love, anger, sadness etc.).

The premise here seems to be that we shouldn't hate what Islam teaches us to hate, but we should hate what 'they' want us to hate.

Leave a comment:

• al-siddiq
    replied

Originally posted by lighteningzz View Post
    InshAllah...we ll pray for your guidance brother....We hope you get all the answers you are looking....for in a true path...islam.May Allah guide you.Amin!
    The questions have already been addressed akhi, no need to make dua to the person's face.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X