X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does Islam require hate??

Originally posted by abubakarbristol View Post
    Really?

Most people choose their friends from those they see and come into contact with regularly, graduating to those who they perceive as having similar views to themselves.
    Really. None of my friends believe as I do...not one. Yet they are still my friends because of the mutual respect shown each other. I could befriend any Muslim but sadly it appears none could befriend me. I understand this concept is totally foreign to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ana the Ist View Post
      Sure, this is from freedictionary.com....
      Hypocrisy
      1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

A good example would be a Muslim claiming that non-Muslims should respect their beliefs while not respecting the beliefs of non-Muslims.
      Or if you would like an example pulled directly from this thread...
      " If you are not a Muslim, refer to the part where I say it's natural for non-Muslims not to have the correct views on matters."
      Muslims don't require for people to respect their beliefs, we simply ask that people do not ridicule or slander the Prophet :saw: or the rest of the religion. Asking someone not to be a douchebag isn't really a huge demand we have, and our religion also forbids us from annoying disbelievers with this kind of behavior. So I've yet to see hypocrisy :/

What is bigoted or intolerant about my beliefs? All I've asked is if Islam requires hatred of non-believers. From what I've seen so far the answer is yes.
      Well no it hasn't be yes, I clearly asked you what hate was. You said feeling hate. I said it was not required, so in other words, so far it has been no. You are demonstrating the hypocrisy and bigotry here though by ignoring what people are saying just to go on your tirade.
      والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
        Another very commonly thrown around word that's equally meaningless due to how misused it has become. Hypocrisy to most people these days is basically "anyone who's beliefs I don't fully agree with".

Unless this poster is insinuating that we expect kuffar to love us to death and take us as their friends/allies while we are averse to this. Hilarious, since all their media does is bash Muslims while their troops massacre them abroad. This is also why "hypocrisy" is also one of those terms that applies most to the one's consistently complaining of it.
        I'm not sure what "Muslim bashing" you're referring to. As for troops, I don't see how you can claim to know the beliefs of "troops". Are you claiming no troops are Muslims fighting Muslims? If a nation fights those who seek to destroy it, do you really think it matters to that nation what the beliefs are of its enemies?

Comment

:start:

عَسَى اللَّهُ أَن يَجْعَلَ بَيْنَكُمْ وَبَيْنَ الَّذِينَ عَادَيْتُم مِّنْهُم مَّوَدَّةً ۚ وَاللَّهُ قَدِيرٌ ۚ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

Perhaps Allah will put, between you and those to whom you have been enemies among them, affection. And Allah is competent, and Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

لَّا يَنْهَاكُمُ اللَّهُ عَنِ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يُقَاتِلُوكُمْ فِي الدِّينِ وَلَمْ يُخْرِجُوكُم مِّن دِيَارِكُمْ أَن تَبَرُّوهُمْ وَتُقْسِطُوا إِلَيْهِمْ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُقْسِطِينَ

Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

إِنَّمَا يَنْهَاكُمُ اللَّهُ عَنِ الَّذِينَ قَاتَلُوكُمْ فِي الدِّينِ وَأَخْرَجُوكُم مِّن دِيَارِكُمْ وَظَاهَرُوا عَلَىٰ إِخْرَاجِكُمْ أَن تَوَلَّوْهُمْ ۚ وَمَن يَتَوَلَّهُمْ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ

Allah only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion - [forbids] that you
          make allies of them. And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers.

(al-Mumtahanah: 7 - 9)

"And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
          (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

What is bigoted or intolerant about my beliefs? All I've asked is if Islam requires hatred of non-believers. From what I've seen so far the answer is yes.
            Aaaand it is at this point where you start to sound like 98% of the other trolls who purposely misinterpret information and then give us the bleeding heart melancholy of it all. Not wasting any more time with the standard intellectually dishonest troll, unless you have something to say in your defense that acknowledges your misinterpretations of our words.
            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Really. None of my friends believe as I do...not one. Yet they are still my friends because of the mutual respect shown each other. I could befriend any Muslim but sadly it appears none could befriend me. I understand this concept is totally foreign to you.
              Do you want to re-read what I wrote, rather than what you assume that I wrote?

You understand what you choose to understand, and choose to misunderstand what you choose to misunderstand.

Strangely, you choose to misunderstand most of what has been posted here. Any idea why?

Comment

It's called "Al Wala wal Baraa" which means something along the lines of showing love and hatred for Allah's (swt) sake, so yes it is an emotional response that has roots in the religious texts. The interesting thing is that your original post left out any reference to the 'love' part and focussed entirely on the 'hate' part. This suggests to me that it was a loaded question in the first place.

Emotions are an innate aspect of human beings. All human beings have emotions, but those emotions are directed and swayed by different criterion. The question should not be about why a person abiding by Islam chooses it as a criterion to govern her thoughts and emotions, but rather your question should be to ask about the origin of your own (as well as others) criterion and ascertain the basis of that criterion and whether you can prove that your criterion is correct or not.

Nothing is innately good or bad in origin except that it is one's criterion that defines it as such. Just a generation ago, the US and Europe were punishing gay people for their sexuality due to their criterion defining it as wrong- now they are celebrating it as a lifestyle choice. The action is the same only the criterion changed. Their criterion is based on nothing but conjecture. Read news articles from the 1980s and you'll find the governments of the US and UK were allies with people like Saddam Hussain and arming him, even when he was dropping chemical weapons on civilian villages, they were funding and supporting Jihadi groups in Afghanistan and yet within the past 15 years those very same people became demonised and destoyed. What changed? It's common knowledge that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 or Al Qaeda so that's no excuse.

The first two responses that bleated on about 'Islam is peace' were incorrect and probably written to appease you (most likely due to their own incorrect understanding of the topic). Islam is neither inherently about war nor inherently about peace, but has rules of conduct and behaviour to govern both types of situations (eg how to honour a peace treaty and how to deal with a war situation).
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Muslims don't require for people to respect their beliefs, we simply ask that people do not ridicule or slander the Prophet :saw: or the rest of the religion. Asking someone not to be a douchebag isn't really a huge demand we have, and our religion also forbids us from annoying disbelievers with this kind of behavior. So I've yet to see hypocrisy :/

Well no it hasn't be yes, I clearly asked you what hate was. You said feeling hate. I said it was not required, so in other words, so far it has been no. You are demonstrating the hypocrisy and bigotry here though by ignoring what people are saying just to go on your tirade.
                  " Asking someone not to be a douchebag isn't really a huge demand we have, and our religion also forbids us from annoying disbelievers with this kind of behavior. So I've yet to see hypocrisy :/"

You must not have been looking very hard...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/19/op...rror.html?_r=0

If "love who Allah loves and hate who Allah hates" doesn't mean "feeling hate" then what does it mean? That is why I made this thread after all...

Comment

If "love who Allah loves and hate who Allah hates" doesn't mean "feeling hate" then what does it mean? That is why I made this thread after all...
                    And you have been answered.

Comment

So u pick and choose which answer to ur question to accept and carry on with.

Carry on then
                      Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Wow...246 posts and it looks like you've never heard this before. Is this really news to you? What did you think before you read this in their own words?

I think it could be useful knowledge for others who don't know this about Islam.
                        Islam does not require hatred of non believers, it has already been said in this thread, how would people come to Islam if muslims hated them, we do not hate our non Muslim families.

Have you never heard of hate the sin not the sinner?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                          Have you never heard of hate the sin not the sinner?
                          I know I have, but I've yet to see any basis for it in Islam. Some sinners as I have highlighted earlier are hated, and I've yet to see how evidence forbids this.

Comment

Aaaand it is at this point where you start to sound like 98% of the other trolls who purposely misinterpret information and then give us the bleeding heart melancholy of it all. Not wasting any more time with the standard intellectually dishonest troll, unless you have something to say in your defense that acknowledges your misinterpretations of our words.
                            What is it about an honest discussion of your faith that you consider trolling?

In my defense, how did I misinterpret this?
                            " We love what Allah loves and hate what Allah hates."
                            Shortly afterwards the same poster clearly states that Allah hates all disbelievers....these aren't my words but the very words of Muslims on this forum. If you have another way to interpret this please share. Otherwise any claim that I'm "misinterpreting your words" is the only intellectual dishonesty here.

Comment

Originally posted by abubakarbristol View Post
                              Do you want to re-read what I wrote, rather than what you assume that I wrote?

You understand what you choose to understand, and choose to misunderstand what you choose to misunderstand.

Strangely, you choose to misunderstand most of what has been posted here. Any idea why?
                              I have an idea why...its because the answers I've gotten so far are conflicting. It appears Muslims are unsure of what the Koran says on this. Some clearly think that they are justified in hating non-believers, others seem to think hatred is a strong word and that they merely only need to stay away from them and look down upon them.

Here's what you said...
                              " Most people choose their friends from those they see and come into contact with regularly, graduating to those who they perceive as having similar views to themselves."

In what way was my response inappropriate?

Comment

What is it about an honest discussion of your faith that you consider trolling?

In my defense, how did I misinterpret this?
                                " We love what Allah loves and hate what Allah hates."
                                Shortly afterwards the same poster clearly states that Allah hates all disbelievers....these aren't my words but the very words of Muslims on this forum. If you have another way to interpret this please share. Otherwise any claim that I'm "misinterpreting your words" is the only intellectual dishonesty here.
                                It has been explained to you in detail exactly what the entire concept entails. You did not even acknowledge that, and it was from multiple posters too.

Comment

Working...
                                X