Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Women wearing Jeans / trousers

Originally posted by علي View Post
    Ya I didn't see that part where you pretty much said the same thing.

I only mentioned it because eyeliner is pretty much The no.1 eye make up. I'm male and I don't like make up, however I do find eyeliner beautifying and I think it does a lot in this regard. I don't want to start an argument or anything but for that reason I just don't see why a woman would have to wear it outside since it really enhances the appearance, despite being such a minute touch. Especially if the woman is in niqab, since then all you can see is that. I would just wonder what the objective would be.

Just something to think about.
    yah thats why we as women should not wear any makeup whatsoever outside whether it be eyeliner or foundation or even powder or lipgloss,, should only be in the house or around women.

Comment

• Re: Women wearing Hijabs and Skinny Jeans...

Originally posted by Naaima View Post
      Oh no, he is still alive.

If you're going to cover up, do it properly, or else don't bother.
      Once I saw this xian neighbour of mine scolding a muslim kid for just ringing the door bell and running away .

He said ' why do you pray and as well as trouble others this way , why not give up praying if you cannot stop your pranks ' .

does it make any sense to you ?
      Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
      deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

Some scholars (like Majlisul Ulema of South Africa for example) are of the opinion that the du'aas of a woman who wears jeans are not accepted.

They cite a hadith which goes along the lines of .... A person raises his hands towards the sky and cries "O Allah, O my Creator and Provider", whereas the food that he eats is haraam, the clothes he wears are haraam , he has been noursihed with haraam. How then will his du'aa (and other virtuous devotions) be accepted ?

They also state since it is forbidden for a woman to wear clothes that resemble a man's, it's haraam for a woman to wear jeans/trousers.

Hence, the supplications of a woman who wears jeans are not answered

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post

They also state since it is forbidden for a woman to wear clothes that resemble a man's, it's haraam for a woman to wear jeans/trousers.
          How far can you take this though? The cut of my husbands thobe - i.e. long, straight with long sleeves. Is the same as some of my long light coloured maxi dresses.

Jeans are unisex - you can not look at a average pair of jeans with a straight cut and automatically know whether they belong to a man or a woman.
          https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kalikatu View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]52392[/ATTACH]
            What about these? Someone I know ( a woman) wears these kinds of pants with a almost knee- low shirt which is "puffy" like those pants.
            Fishermen pants (those pictured) are hideous and very uncomfortable. I've tried them. No more comfortable or less chafing than wearing a skirt. Ugly, uncomfortable pants that you have to keep adjusting will draw attention to you, defeating the purpose of hijab.

Originally posted by Kalikatu View Post
            Skirts can be often very impractical. I wear long skirts all the time, and they are easy to get stuck in somewhere. They get tangled to the bike, people step on them on the stairs, I step on it on the stairs, and sometimes it is really scary going up the stairs when I have to carry something and can't keep an eye on the dress. Sometimes it gets stuck on a bus door.
            This.

Originally posted by nousername View Post
            loose "pants" - i.e. what women wear in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Princess Jasmin,etc. are not bad because they don't reveal shape and are loose
            tight, or too short pants - i.e. the "skinny jeans" or jeans that reaveal the shape or are above the ankle are not good.
            This x2.

----------------

The style of clothing someone wears depends on their culture. Saying pants are only for men is like saying dresses are only for women; it's just untrue. Shalwar kameez are worn by both genders, as are thobes and jalabiyas. To an American, all we see is that Arab men wear white dresses and the women wear black ones... We can't distinguish the fine details. You can totally tell the difference between male and female western-style trousers (both of which are way too tight and inappropriate).

If the Muslima is wearing a khimaar, her clothes are loose and cover up curves, the colors are not considered flashy for that society and she doesn't have anything attached that jingles or makes noise, she is obviously trying to avoid attention and therefore it should be assumed she is giving an effort to be modest. Nitpicking just spreads fitna.

Comment

Jeans are fine as long as they satisfy the dress requirements of modesty. That goes for men as well as women.

(Just a note on the 'fisherman pants' remarked on above: the pants themselves satisfy the dress requirements, but in the example provided with lack of comfort and constant adjusting and such it defeats the purpose. But, even the most modestly cut shalwar kameez or thobe will be rendered ineffective if the wearer draws attention to themselves by constant fiddling with it.)

Comment

The 2 reasons why jeans are not allowed is beacause it shapes your legs..

and if it doesn't shape your legs then your going to be dressing like a man.

Allahu A3lam

Comment

Originally posted by Umar Khattab View Post
                  I find it disgusting when i'm at the mosque and someone in front of me has really tight jeans, so much so that you can see the shape of his body,

that's one more motivation I have to try and get to the first row when praying as I need to concentrate on my salah and people wearing disgusting tight jeans just distracts me.

By the way I don't think this thread is an 'attack on women', if you were to make a thread saying men shouldn't wear lipstick, I'd agree and wouldn't call your thread an 'attack on men'. Just saying.
                  The reason I said that was because the majority of threads are toward women and what they shouldn't be doing, and often some users seem to hold views that are very offensive toward women, which begins to become extremely annoying. I understand if it is a reminder, but often it turns into something else.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
                  [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

• Re: Women wearing Hijabs and Skinny Jeans...

Originally posted by ~Salma~ View Post
                    You can be Immodest even if you throw a niqaab on your head, add an abayah wear gloves. By how you walk, carry yourself, and your behavior. If you fail in that just because you wear more clothes doesn't mean your modest. Also just because someone wears Jeans/ doesn't mean they're Immodest, or that their Imaan is lower than yours.

You can keep it loose, and wear longer garments on top. Allah knows best.

I agree.

It is also very easy to judge. You may see a sister who is wearing tight jeans and her jumper maybe looks quite tight as well with hijab = she could possibly be a new sister, and those are the most ''modest'' clothes she has.

or maybe she is just starting to dress modestly and getting used to it.

When I started wearing hijab, I wore tight pants and a shirt and cardigan. I also wore much more make up. And yes, it is possible that someone would have judged me and thought I was a sister on the wrong path or so immodest etc.

People are not always aware of your reasons or background, so it is important to find excuses.
                    Last edited by adri; 19-10-12, 05:33 AM.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
                    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

• Re: Perceptions of women wearing jeans, trousers...

I wear abaya and its not bad to walk at all, you just need to get the bottom bit widened.

Comment

• Re: Perceptions of women wearing jeans, trousers...

Originally posted by waseem 125 View Post
                        I wear abaya and its not bad to walk at all, you just need to get the bottom bit widened.
                        your name is waseem ?? isnt that a mans name? :/
                        My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X