Women wearing Jeans / trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women wearing Jeans / trousers

Am not sure if this has been covered or not but what's the deal with this, is it not slightly contradictory...?

Re: Women wearing Hijabs and Skinny Jeans...

Tut tut tut

Shouldn't you be lowering your gaze?

I think it's silly, if you're going to wear tight jeans, leave your hijaab at home. But I've seen some girls who wear jeans and hijaab but they were something long to cover their awra. Bagg jeans is okay - and wear something long over it, and please, please cover your bosoms while you're at it too.
    "The real prisoner is someone whose heart is imprisoned from his Lord and the true captive is someone captured by his passion" Ibn Taymiyyah (RA)

Comment

I try and lower my gaze these days... however from "past observatons"

The walkin around with lowering my gaze is alot harder than it looks, especially when you commute on a bicycle!
      Last edited by TroubledBrother; 19-06-09, 04:44 PM.

Comment

well, the 1st glance you're allowed, but beware of the 2nd one.

Especially this time of year, the non-Muslim women come out of their houses half naked - gosh I hate summer. Hope Allah (swt) makes it easy for you, insha-Allah. I know some brothers have it difficult with being taunted by naked flesh constantly..
        "The real prisoner is someone whose heart is imprisoned from his Lord and the true captive is someone captured by his passion" Ibn Taymiyyah (RA)

Comment

Originally posted by TroubledBrother View Post
          Am not sure if this has been covered or not but what's the deal with this, is it not slightly contradictory...?
          If you see this happening, go up to them and explain to them in a nice manner that this isn't hijab. Don't go all in attack mode, but give them a reminder.
          وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
          "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
          Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
          [2:186]

.:.
          .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
          Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Asalaamualaykum

It is very hard, especially when you are walking in the Town Centre. What can you say, they reply 'oh it doesnt say in the Qur'an you have to wear it' lol

Comment

Thats what I do I give them a good talking to and tell them that it isnt right for us to go out dressed but naked in the same time. I say you can wear tight jeans all you like but please wear an abaya over it when you are outside.

Comment

Asalaamualaykum

It is a big problem in the United Kingdom

Comment

Ive seen a couple middle eastern woman or girl who are like that. On the other side the asians eiither its full hijab and abaya or completely the opposite with no hijab
                  الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
                    Asalaamualaykum

It is very hard, especially when you are walking in the Town Centre. What can you say, they reply 'oh it doesnt say in the Qur'an you have to wear it' lol
                    Then you'll have to inform them that covering yourself is in the Quran. If someone is too shy to do this then issue out leaflets and pass it to the sisters (and badly dressed brothers) about the proper etiquette of dressing. You may look weird doing so, but it's better that you tell them then for them to hold that against you on the Day of Judgment.
                    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."

Comment

whats lowering your gaze got to do with that, when u lower your gaze u see the ugly tight jeans

Comment

Originally posted by saleem31 View Post
                        whats lowering your gaze got to do with that, when u lower your gaze u see the ugly tight jeans
                        its better than looking up

Comment

Originally posted by saleem31 View Post
                          Then turn away...

Comment

Originally posted by Naaima View Post
                            Tut tut tut

Shouldn't you be lowering your gaze?

firstly, lowering the gaze gives you quite the eyeful of their derriere

second, if a sister is in hijab and she is wearing tight jeans, you dont tell her she may as not wear the hijab, thats ridiculous

there is a sister i know, her daughters (16 and 18) stopped praying

she tells them, if you are not going to pray, you may as not well be muslim and cover

so now we have two muslim sisters who were invited to the haram by their mother

if a sister is no covering properly, you dont have her add to her sins by covering less
                            .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                            نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Oh no, he is still alive.

If you're going to cover up, do it properly, or else don't bother.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X